News Star Wars Galactic Starcruiser coming to Walt Disney World 2021

Cesar R M

Is that the Enterprise D in the background?
Eaglemoss%2BStar%2BTrek%2BThe%2BNext%2BGeneration%2BBuild%2Bthe%2BUSS%2BEnterprise%2BD%2Bmodel.jpg
No, its the Battlestar Galactica

1646174211981.png

mergatroid

By "get it," I mean, "understand what the Starcruiser experience is supposed to be." And I don't know who "gets it" and who doesn't, but man, have I seen TONS of posts here that indicate people are evaluating this based on bad information, misunderstanding, and weird expectations.

I'm here to talk about the Starcruiser with people who understand what it is, regardless of whether or not they like it.
I know, when somebody says I can stay at "Hotel X in a large room for 7 nights for the same price", I think "Well do that instead then". In some circumstances you can fly to a country for half the price you can to another country twice the distance away. Logic would say the first is better value, but if you don't want to go to that country because there's nothing there you want to do and there's loads you want to do in the other country which would you choose?

I get the point that the size and standard if the room is different, however one doesn't have actors in it giving you a game to live in for 2 days whilst the other does. I agree the rooms could be bigger/better/different/more of them but some of the like for like comparisons are ridiculous.

correcaminos

I have been a Disney fan since the original Mickey Mouse club days (how many remember Annette Funicello), yes, the good old days. My enthusiasm and motivation to go to a Disney property finally went to zero (0) in 2021with the final straw being my children and grandchildren informing me they had no interest in going to any Disney parks anymore. I thought the Galactic Star Cruiser experience would be that special thing to want to go to WDW since my whole family are SW fans, but the response was MEH. So, cost is not an issue, the deriving an experience worth the cost is. So, to all that go I say enjoy I will not be going and from the conversations with my children and grandchildren neither will they.
I hear you completely. I cannot tell you how crazy of a fan our friend is that is opting not to go for now too. I thought he'd totally be on it and now all 4 of his friends are like "nope" and really have moved on for now.

In one video, a guy who's 6'3" lays down in one of the bunk beds. I think your 5'8" kid would be fine.

Also, some of the cheesy stuff is supposed to be cheesy (and even knowing this, plenty of people will sill not like it) because it's all done in service of the storyline.

In the end, the Starcruiser isn't for everyone–even if they're huge fans of Star Wars! It's really a very different sort of entertainment, and I think some people who might initially not be too excited about the whole thing could really enjoy it if they'd let their hair down and let themselves get into it.
I don't think my kid would be thrilled in a single tbh. I also KNOW we wouldn't share that room with the 3 of us. No way at all. We are not used to small rooms when we travel and I would hate that part.

Please stop trying to tell me my feelings are wrong. There is cheesy and too much. This is all to juvenile for me with the training and the escape room stuff. Disney doesn't always make the mark with SW stuff. Look at Book of Boba Fett. That was just plain awful. I'll keep waiting on reviews but something has to wow me or really change for me to want to go. Right now it's a zero and my fingers are crossed we pass ROFR.

So when you post just keep in mind, massive fans are let down and it should be understandably so. A little interaction isn't enough to sway me. I'll be blunt too... RotR is not that great to any of us - we have other rides we like more. Sure it was well themed, but that was it. This Halcyon is not even well themed to me.

correcaminos

Someone mentioned online that there is a 20,000$ special suite?
Anyone knows if its true?
There are two types of suites. A one bedroom (galaxy class suite) and a 2 bedroom (grand captain suite) from my understanding. No prices are listed. I haven't seen a real quote for the price of either. We'd want the 1 bedroom if we went. I don't do small spaces well :)

Tha Realest

Here's the source for #LeftOutGate:

One of the members of the trio didn't pick up a mission to complete on Batuu, or, didn't complete it on their datapad (but her partner did on his). So, she didn't get let in to a secret mission. BUT, she says she used that time to do something else that the other two didn't get to do, so, she was cool with it.

As has been said many times in this thread, you can't do everything. Multiple storylines branch out and their meetings happen simultaneously in different places.

Check with the staff when you arrive, but I'm willing to guess that a couple or a family can act as a group with just one datapad and therefore never get separated. If that's not the case, then make sure everyone is clicking the same missions and completing the missions on their own datapad.

Not to belabor the game/not a game thing, but this feels like one of those (poorly) designed video games where you can't advance on a side mission or get some necessary / better item if you've advanced too far in a level.

Vegas Disney Fan

That's optimistic. In 2yrs all I see is half the effects not working and the R2 stationary in a corner for a photo op. :cautious:

I’m not sure, this should bring in around a million and a half dollars a week to entertain roughly 600-900 guests, that’s a lot of incentive to keep the standards high.

They could prove me100% wrong though, had someone told me they’d spend hundreds of millions on a ride like EE and then leave the major animatronic lifeless for a decade I’d have said they were crazy too.

Piebald

The food looks disappointing. Some blogger did a review of the lunch and it looked ....not great. And I think Disney generally has decent food considering the massive undertaking of constantly churning out a ton of food (by contrast I think Universals biggest weakness is their food is terrible across the board)

"El Gran Magnifico"

Mr Flibble is Very Cross.
The food looks disappointing. Some blogger did a review of the lunch and it looked ....not great. And I think Disney generally has decent food considering the massive undertaking of constantly churning out a ton of food (by contrast I think Universals biggest weakness is their food is terrible across the board)

I’ve read (heard) that the food is actually pretty good. Maybe overdone on the food coloring aspects. But pretty good nonetheless.

Disney and Uni both have “gems” and they both have not so “gems”. When we get into food reviews it goes all over the place. Many different tastes, expectations, etc.

Sir_Cliff

I’m not sure, this should bring in around a million and a half dollars a week to entertain roughly 600-900 guests, that’s a lot of incentive to keep the standards high.

They could prove me100% wrong though, had someone told me they’d spend hundreds of millions on a ride like EE and then leave the major animatronic lifeless for a decade I’d have said they were crazy too.
The issue these days is that everything has to forever increase profit margins. Unless they can keep raising prices, the incentive for them to invest money into keeping it going will diminish over time because there are few other ways for them to cover additional costs and keep making more money quarter over quarter.

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
Try Mythos, Cleetus' Chicken shack, and Moes are dreadful.

JoeCamel

The issue these days is that everything has to forever increase profit margins. Unless they can keep raising prices, the incentive for them to invest money into keeping it going will diminish over time because there are few other ways for them to cover additional costs and keep making more money quarter over quarter.
Three ways for a company to increase profits, buy something that produces cash, grow your own product, increase prices.
Disney is good at two of those

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
There is now a dedicated section on the forum for Star Wars: Galactic Starcruiser. With the Starcruiser now officially open, I think it will be useful to have separate threads for specific questions, tips, reviews etc. This thread will remain open for general discussion on anything that doesn't require its own thread.

Star Wars: Galactic Starcruiser

_caleb

Please stop trying to tell me my feelings are wrong. There is cheesy and too much. This is all to juvenile for me with the training and the escape room stuff. Disney doesn't always make the mark with SW stuff. Look at Book of Boba Fett. That was just plain awful. I'll keep waiting on reviews but something has to wow me or really change for me to want to go. Right now it's a zero and my fingers are crossed we pass ROFR.
Oh, @helenabear, I'm so sorry I came across as trying to tell you your feelings were wrong! That was not my intention. I apologize.

Lots of folks–including major fans of Star Wars and of the Parks–will decide the Starcruiser is not for them.

_caleb

What were you disappointed by? Is it the weirdness of the presentation?

TrojanUSC

I’ve read (heard) that the food is actually pretty good. Maybe overdone on the food coloring aspects. But pretty good nonetheless.

Disney and Uni both have “gems” and they both have not so “gems”. When we get into food reviews it goes all over the place. Many different tastes, expectations, etc.

The people I know who did test cruises said the dinner and lounge food was the best. The buffets were “not good.”

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom