News Star Wars Galactic Starcruiser coming to Walt Disney World 2021

_caleb

For an experience that has been billed since its very inception as being "interactive" of course you have to "work" to fun. In fact the amount of work/effort/suspension of disbelief that you put in is likely to be directly proportional to the amount of fun that you are going to have. This isn't me, or I don't think Flynnibus "angling" to blame the customer. I am flat out directly stating it. If you sign up for an interactive experience, and then don't interact or participate, you don't get to complain. Besides brain dead people who kept wondering if this experience was a "cruise" why it didn't have a pool, or actual real live laser blasters as part of light saber training, it was abundantly clear what this experience offered. Whether it was implemented well was going to be up for debate until it went live, but not WHAT it was. If you went into it and just wanted to sit back and do nothing, and then complain you didn't have fun, too bad. It would be like complaining that you spent all that money going to MK, but none of the rides were as high/fast/exciting as Kingda Ka. Of course they are not, and they never were meant to be. But you knew that going in. You want to say the games are too simplistic....that would be a valid argument. You want to say there isn't enough CM interaction story telling experiences, or that they didn't know their lines? Sure lets talk about that. Its not valid to say you didn't want to go to the bridge and play a game, or didn't want to be a first order spy, and then complain the experience wasn't fun for you.
Back on this subject: in your opinion, how should Disney be promoting this? I think you see clearly what the Starcruiser is (or supposed to be). But a lot of people clearly don't. And whatever Disney is doing doesn't seem to be working (at least on the Parks fans who hang out around here). Is "immersive experience" the best way for them to describe this?

I know they're afraid of using "LARP." But I wonder if they leaned into the "story" aspect (since they're using that for everything these days)? An "immersive, interactive Star Wars Story?"

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
I saw a review that if you don't do what they want in GE your play is affected upon return. That's sucky. Sorry but it is. I am happy to immerse myself but to make me work super hard to get cool results? Nope. Not okay.

However you totally missed what I was trying to say. I'm cool with being guided to good story. I'm even good with asking for something that might bring extra. I am NOT okay with those stating if you don't try enough you won't have fun. The bottom level should be fun no matter the effort.

There is more to the whole experience I am not a fan of but that stood out. I don't think I was reading into the whole work aspect. One person said clearly that they didn't score well enough at Batuu to do something and was left out.

Could you point me to those blogs?

'Cause the only thing that is 'scored' in Batuu is SR:MF. And I saw one couple proudly saying they got 1 coaxium while walking off the ride. Meanwhile, the hallway of the MF was sparking something awful. This meant that they totally wrecked the Falcon. And you always get 1 coaxium, even if everyone tried not to get it.

So... They obviously got an abymsmal score, and yet, they got invited back to the group scenes for having completed the mission.

The "work" one has to do to complete enough missions to partake in one of the branching stories is this:
1. Ride SR:MF​
2. Ride RotR​
3. Maybe do one or two 'hacking' missions on the data pad (because you have to fetch maguffin X)​

And that's it.

Now, if you didn't get the missions because you were avoiding everything, or, you didn't accept the mission; well, then, you can't complete the mission and get to one of the side quests (e.g., meet with Rey when she boards).

Other large group missions (bridge 'practice') and major plot points (the First Order takes over) is something you can't miss unless you choose not to attend.

_caleb

Bob Chapek on the Starcruiser.

Star-Wars-Galactic-Starcruiser_Full_46567.jpg
See, they Starcruiser is bustling with CMs in scrubs and aliens in polo shirts!

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
I know someone who managed to book today for a cruise March 3.

There was an opening on the website this morning for that date. I was checking other dates. I wondered how that happens, maybe someone got sick etc and had insurance.

I saw that Mar 3-4 cruise date open, too, this morning. It's now booked.

The seven or so open cruises from Mar thru June from two days ago is down right now to one.

Whoever canceled on Mar 3, lost a chunk of money. Coulda been COVID related keeping them from attending.

Diamond Dot

I’m a huge Star Wars and WDW (obviously) nerd so this should be right up my alley, but I can’t see myself doing this in its current form. Maybe if I could get a group together for it but I doubt any friends or family would be willing to make that commitment. Besides, from what I’ve seen my ideal Starcruiser experience might just be to eat dinner and visit the lounge afterwards - I wouldn’t even want to be locked in for two days.

Looks good if you have the money and can buy into the storyline, I’ll be very interested to hear what guests have to say when it opens.
The demograph they are aiming at are the ones who were kids when George Lucas started making the 'prequels', not the ones who were original fans. I don't know about other older Star Wars fans, but, I'm sure a lot of us would have liked Star Wars hotel with themed rooms and food courts with the same themeing, a lounge bar similar to Oga's Cantina and a nice restaurant also with the SW theme in a more adult tone. Anyone could resort hop to those places as you can now with the other resorts, which would be more profitable in the long run and would appeal to far more people than the overblown, overpriced, overhyped effort they did produce, I mean you pay all that money to stay there for that experience and part of that experience is going to Galaxy's Edge and mingling among us plebs with less money and more sense?

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
The demograph they are aiming at are the ones who were kids when George Lucas started making the 'prequels', not the ones who were original fans. I don't know about other older Star Wars fans, but, I'm sure a lot of us would have liked Star Wars hotel with themed rooms and food courts with the same themeing, a lounge bar similar to Oga's Cantina and a nice restaurant also with the SW theme in a more adult tone. Anyone could resort hop to those places as you can now with the other resorts, which would be more profitable in the long run and would appeal to far more people than the overblown, overpriced, overhyped effort they did produce, I mean you pay all that money to stay there for that experience and part of that experience is going to Galaxy's Edge and mingling among us plebs with less money and more sense?
…oh…

Bad news there as in America those people don’t have any money 😐

correcaminos

Could you point me to those blogs?

'Cause the only thing that is 'scored' in Batuu is SR:MF. And I saw one couple proudly saying they got 1 coaxium while walking off the ride. Meanwhile, the hallway of the MF was sparking something awful. This meant that they totally wrecked the Falcon. And you always get 1 coaxium, even if everyone tried not to get it.

So... They obviously got an abymsmal score, and yet, they got invited back to the group scenes for having completed the mission.

The "work" one has to do to complete enough missions to partake in one of the branching stories is this:
1. Ride SR:MF​
2. Ride RotR​
3. Maybe do one or two 'hacking' missions on the data pad (because you have to fetch maguffin X)​

And that's it.

Now, if you didn't get the missions because you were avoiding everything, or, you didn't accept the mission; well, then, you can't complete the mission and get to one of the side quests (e.g., meet with Rey when she boards).

Other large group missions (bridge 'practice') and major plot points (the First Order takes over) is something you can't miss unless you choose not to attend.
No idea where I saw sorry. I've seen so many I cannot guess where it was. All I know is she said she was left out because she didn't do something right. She was with someone who did get to go wherever.
Hmm. Left out of what, did they say? Because others are saying you don't even have to actually go on the ride (just walk through the queue) to get credit for having done whatever the assignment was.
They did not say what at that moment. I stopped watching shortly after to see if it was better explained.

_caleb

No idea where I saw sorry. I've seen so many I cannot guess where it was. All I know is she said she was left out because she didn't do something right. She was with someone who did get to go wherever.

They did not say what at that moment. I stopped watching shortly after to see if it was better explained.
Thanks. Just curious.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom