News Star Wars Galactic Starcruiser coming to Walt Disney World 2021

correcaminos

In the videos from the previews, there seemed to be as many people recording video of each "story moment" as there were people "participating." I would imagine those "videographers" had a good bit of fun even through they chose a more passive form of participation.

I think you might be reading into the whole idea of "you have to put in the work." I don't think it means you have to play pretend. I think it just means you have to keep up with the story–and to do this, you need to physically go to different locations and pay more attention to the actor playing the part of the Spy than the CM leading the "dance lesson."
There is more to the whole experience I am not a fan of but that stood out. I don't think I was reading into the whole work aspect. One person said clearly that they didn't score well enough at Batuu to do something and was left out.

jasminethecat

I stirred up enough in another thread, so i will just stay on topic here.

I cannot afford this right now, but I would consider saving for it if it really was a varied experience based on overall audience participation. I don't want to pay $4800+ for the exact same experience being given on every cruise, 3x per week. It would be hard for me to call something immersive or based on any premise of LARP if your actions do not affect the outcome.

Anyone who wants to just sit and watch things on the starcruiser deserves to feel ripped off for paying these prices and not putting in any effort. If everyone did this, it should be replaced with "Disney on Ice...Star Wars Live!". Or another sequel movie. Then we can sit together in a dark room and watch a story unfold with zero participation as we were meant to.

dothebrdwalk

The more I read and hear about this the more I want to go. Who cares about $5,000 for 2 of us? It will only be a once every 5 years or so experience and at that price it is adfordable for us. I would even consider once every 3 years if the change the experience that often.
Personally I don't see myself going more than once, but agreed that the more I see, the closer I am to just biting the bullet and booking.

_caleb

I don’t disagree with you…

But Disney people are paid (though not at all well) and the customers are charged a fortune to do anything these days.

It’s really on them and they should get the flak.
And you know that I've placed the blame squarely on them.

They get credit for building this thing–for getting that there are new ways to interact with different corners of the fandom and for taking a risk.

But they shot themselves in the foot by not communicating clearly.

_caleb

There is more to the whole experience I am not a fan of but that stood out. I don't think I was reading into the whole work aspect. One person said clearly that they didn't score well enough at Batuu to do something and was left out.
Hmm. Left out of what, did they say? Because others are saying you don't even have to actually go on the ride (just walk through the queue) to get credit for having done whatever the assignment was.

_caleb

I stirred up enough in another thread, so i will just stay on topic here.

I cannot afford this right now, but I would consider saving for it if it really was a varied experience based on overall audience participation. I don't want to pay $4800+ for the exact same experience being given on every cruise, 3x per week. It would be hard for me to call something immersive or based on any premise of LARP if your actions do not affect the outcome.

Anyone who wants to just sit and watch things on the starcruiser deserves to feel ripped off for paying these prices and not putting in any effort. If everyone did this, it should be replaced with "Disney on Ice...Star Wars Live!". Or another sequel movie. Then we can sit together in a dark room and watch a story unfold with zero participation as we were meant to.
From all we're seeing, there is more to do/see on the Starcruiser than a guest would have time/capacity to do/see during the 2 days. This, combined with the various story choices guests are required to make (do you believe the Spy is a good guy and help him, or do you think the Spy is a double agent and work to sabotage his plans?) ensures some degree of replay value–even if there's no way to completely change the overall outcome of the storyline.

GimpYancIent

The more I read and hear about this the more I want to go. Who cares about $5,000 for 2 of us? It will only be a once every 5 years or so experience and at that price it is adfordable for us. I would even consider once every 3 years if the change the experience that often.
Hey! If you feel it, want it and are motivated to drop the necessary credits to do it, GO For IT. By the way, as a favor, the posters on this thread will appreciate your post experience review.

GimpYancIent

I'm going to go out on a limb here and suggest that maybe comparing someone (Disney? Disney apologists? Unclear since you didn't post your comment as a replay to anyone else) to Valdimir Putin during a war.

Also, we're all Disney Parks fans here. We know that Disney doesn't think about what comes after the masses have been fleeced.
The Disney Co. management does not care about the masses once they have what money can be gleaned from them, Ahh, but if any of the masses return the Disney co. will be more than happy to continue squeezing every penny possible from these financial resources (I mean Guests).

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
Bob Chapek on the Starcruiser.

Star-Wars-Galactic-Starcruiser_Full_46567.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom