News Star Wars Galactic Starcruiser coming to Walt Disney World 2021

THE 1HAPPY HAUNT

The same franchise that has been criticized for shoving the same thing down their consumers throats time and time again
I am talking about your original point. Now you are trying to move the goal posts and change what we were talking about. Not gonna let you take the convo in that direction. Your original comparison is a streeetch and really holds no water. All I have to say on it. Now back to talking about this crappy hotel.

TP2000

Ok, got it. People who rely on invitations or freebie events are afraid of being critical for fear of no more invites or freebies.

But, what if an 'influencer' or reviewer or just any old guest is paying their own way, and don't care about special invites, and they actually like it?

How do we slander them in order to discount their positive review?? 🤷‍♂️

We'll cross that bridge when we come to it, sometime in the first week of March.

MurphyJoe

And certainly something they SOULD NOT HAVE DONE IN THE SHOW ITSELF. This is stuff they could have easily briefed people about BEFORE being onsite and also without doing it completely in the show scenes themselves. For instance, briefing people on what the different sounds or colors could be.. and providing details about emergency exits combined with handouts at checkin.

Doing it in the show, with the actual show scenes.... takes something from mundane to story crusher.

Actual cruise ships have every passenger participate in a muster drill to know how to react in case of an emergency before sailing. My only complaint is this video would be fine before arrival, but once at the Starcruiser, Disney should be keeping things 100% in-story. Though they probably would need to be blunt about story moments and real emergencies so people would get it.

TP2000

And yet, we already had the 'discounting' of a vlogging couple who are paying their own way. So... it happens.

In our defense, they are cringey and so typical of 2022. Do they have day jobs? How do they pay the rent on their 2 bedroom apartment in Winter Park (or Winter Park adjacent)? What's their life skill, exactly? Besides shilling for Likes! and Subscribes! all owed to a mega-corporation theme park empire, of course.

These are the type of people you'd meet at a cocktail party who would seem like a normal, fun young couple for the first 90 seconds. But then... you get the sense they aren't quite....

Surferboy567

I will admit, I don’t have the highest hopes for this experience. I am however, excited to see what comes out tomorrow. Like everyone has said we probably can’t trust many reviews, but the actual content should be entertaining enough.

That safety video made me more excited to see more about this, I don’t know why it is your standard safety video something about it made me excited though. Side Note: The guy in that video is one of the hosts on Disney Parks Live (when they have the announcers speak before and after events).

As a massive fan, it’s going to be exciting how this turns out. Of course, their are many red flags to indicate this may not go well but we shall see. This is probably the closest I’m going to get to experience this myself at least for the time being. I really want some of the ideas here integrated into Galaxy’s Edge proper but that’s a story for a different thread.

TP2000

There's a couple things to take out of that video... I need to think on the safety aspect but I can not get over the awkwardness of the RED ALERT RED ALERT, STORY MOMENT INCOMING!!!! alarm.

Wasn't that great?! I had to pause the video to make sure I was reading that correctly. 🤣

Obviously, much of this is something that had to be done to please the lawyers. But the fact that there's alarms going off all over this hotel warehouse telling you there's a "DRAMATIC STORY EVENT!" about to happen is just so ridiculous.

I think this is the most entertaining thread and Disney concept to come along in many years. I just love watching this all play out (safely 3,000 miles away with a cocktail in hand and some jazz playing)! 🍸

mightynine

Ok, got it. People who rely on invitations or freebie events are afraid of being critical for fear of no more invites or freebies.

But, what if an 'influencer' or reviewer or just any old guest is paying their own way, and don't care about special invites, and they actually like it?

How do we slander them in order to discount their positive review?? 🤷‍♂️
Tell me you didn’t read the Twitter thread by not telling me the didn’t read the Twitter thread.

Where has this officially been called "luxury?"
So what you’re saying Halcyon is just LARPing as high-end starcrusin’, not luxury Starcrusin’? 😉

MoonRakerSCM

I've actually been laughing at this one. Natural and immersive my butt lol. Good God Disney is so lost.

WE'VE GOT MOVIE SIGN!!!!!! AAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!

tenor.png

EeyoreFan#24

I actually agree with the safety video presentation and the timing of doing it on-site. I have developed and participated in many emergency exercises. When you do a full scale (live action with actual responders and equipment). You always have a communications plan for the event. Specific phrases to start communications during the exercise "Exercise....*transmission*....Exercise" and when you have a real emergency, you switch to plain speak and say "real world emergency...transmission*".

Sounds very cheesy in person, but is very practical and safe. I think putting this in an prearrival email and expecting people to read, remember, and act when needed would be giving the general public too much credit.

flynnibus

Premium Member
It's probably a legal requirement. If you got an email the day before you arrived about safety requirements, would you honestly do it? Safety still comes before show.
No, it's a CYA action. Have you ever gotten a safety briefing to enter any other building or hotel? The emergency exits are all clearly marked as required, and the place still meets the mandatory fire codes. This is all about Disney over sensitivity to risk. The same company that removed shaking set pieces for fear of liability.

And you could still do this in other ways that wasn't a blunt force hit to your head that involved the show itself. It's dumb.

TP2000

I actually agree with the safety video presentation and the timing of doing it on-site. I have developed and participated in many emergency exercises. When you do a full scale (live action with actual responders and equipment). You always have a communications plan for the event. Specific phrases to start communications during the exercise "Exercise....*transmission*....Exercise" and when you have a real emergency, you switch to plain speak and say "real world emergency...transmission*".

Sounds very cheesy in person, but is very practical and safe. I think putting this in an prearrival email and expecting people to read, remember, and act when needed would be giving the general public too much credit.

For the record, I have no problem with the pre-boarding safety video. This is a unique hotel experience, in a building with no windows and no doors (say that in a Paul Frees voice), so they obviously need to do this sort of safety briefing for arriving guests. And again, you also have to satisfy the lawyers.

My only guffaw and rewind moment came at the "DRAMATIC STORY EVENT!" explanation of what the different alarms mean. That right there, that's pure comedy. :cool:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom