News Star Wars Galactic Starcruiser coming to Walt Disney World 2021

Hawg G

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
There is no chance that is what the dining room will look like. Not even disney has that kind of hubris. I'm willing to wait for final judgment until the first week or two go through, but yikes. If the videos released and then pulled by disney didn't concern you, you are kidding yourself. And this video makes it look worse. It could be an older video, and it could be they have really ratcheted up and fixed things, but thus absolutely should be a concern at this point.
Pretty sure that video was from the media event this week.

THE 1HAPPY HAUNT

But the odds an escape pod just happens to land close to where Obi Wan was? Just like Luke crashing his X-Wing right near where Yoda lives? It doesn't bother me because it's fiction, but if you're going to set strict rules for one thing then at least be consistent. :D
It didn't. The Jawas had to travel to where Luke lived. It traveled aftet it picked up the droids. Luke was told where to go by obi- wan and was trying to land but crashed. Yoda already knew Luke was comimg that is why he was waiting for him.

Winnebago

LMAO!!!! Omg. This looks god awful! You mean to tell me that is a real song?! That was not just a crappy song used for the promo?! That there is a full version!! Disney knows people hated that song and made fun of it so they took down the video, and they didn't change the acrual show?! They kept that crappy song in the event itself?!!! They doubled down?!!! Oh...HOW EMBARRASSING.
Crappy song aside, I just want to know who signed off on naming this galactic centerpiece of a performing artist, who seems to be a major draw of the starcruiser’s festivities, who sings about the wonders of space exploration and a “new world”… EARTH!

(Gaia/Gea being Greek for Earth)

Incomudro

This is what happens when people who have no experience in movies and/or animation and story, plus have no idea what theme parks are about try to run a company like TWDC.
It's what happens when people who don't care for the source material - or about the fans - believe they can sell the people on something new, and even believe that they can change the target audience.

_caleb

Turn up the lights in that dining room and, based on what we have seen, comparisons to a high school gym are not particularly hyperbolic. It’s a large, empty space with a bunch of barely themed movable chairs and tables.
Show me a photo of a high school gym that looks like what we’ve seen from the Strarcruiser.

Look, I’m not impressed by what we’ve seen so far. But the comments here tell me that many of those with strong opinions obviously aren’t that familiar with Star Wars.

CinematicFusion

DFFAB5C6-725B-41FA-A006-2C07ADCE94B9.jpeg

These two will come back with glowing reviews
Solid picture idea though!

mergatroid

R2 intentionally went towards Obi who intentionally lives near Luke. This isn’t hard.

And you have spent this entire thread trying to reject all inferences based on evidence to the point where you are fighting against the very idea of using evidence to form tentative judgements.

And I don’t recall many - any? - posters doubting the general quality of RotR during its construction, and the criticisms of Pandora centered on the wisdom of using Avatar as a source IP, a criticism that remains very relevant.

You are bordering on bad faith here.
He was ejected in a space pod which was very nearly destroyed. It just crashed on a rotating planet in a random place, a planet the Star Wars people says has a population of 200,000 people. And so the odds are about 200,000 to 1 that he'd end up with Luke. I'll be generous and say what if only 1 in 4 people owned a droid (that's generous because it would actually make it even more of a series of coincidences that Luke needed one) then that's still 50,000 to 1 against Luke ending up buying him. You've then got to factor in the chance of Vader being his dad and Leia his sister etc which blows the numbers up astronomically.

Don't let the fact I'm wasting my time (that's your implication) saying this experience might be good annoy you enough to argue that the odds of R2 ending up with Luke weren't anything other than crazily bad. I love the Star Wars movies but they're fiction, I'm just pointing out the double standards of somebody saying the story line of a Jedi training pod in a cruiser is odd? You don't have to deny that?

I'm not denying that this is overpriced, if it's bad it's bad. It's just my opinion on here as I'm a positive person on the whole and think there's some who are intent on running everything down without knowing the facts yet. I'm not worth you wasting your time over, carry on with whatever you want to say and think. I might join you if this is terrible, till then I'm just giving my opinion even though I'm in the minority, it ain't easy at times either.

And do yourself a favour, don't start gambling if you seriously believe the odds of Luke buying R2, Leia being his sister and Vader being his dad are good. Because seriously, those are NOT good odds :D

mergatroid

It didn't. The Jawas had to travel to where Luke lived. It traveled aftet it picked up the droids. Luke was told where to go by obi- wan and was trying to land but crashed. Yoda already knew Luke was comimg that is why he was waiting for him.
So they visit every home just when that person needs a droid then? And out of 200,000 population it just happened to be Luke who needed a droid that day and was also Leia's brother and Vader's son? Hmmmmm, you could be right?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom