News Star Wars Galactic Starcruiser coming to Walt Disney World 2021

GimpYancIent

There are several TikToks of the rooms floating around and there’s a good reason they’ve never shown the bathrooms. They’re akin to a Motel 6 with tiny showers (no tubs for small kids) and a single sink. Absolutely crazy to think how much this costs.
It's repetitious but I believe it's worth noting it looks like a Space Prison. A nice space prison but a space prison.

"El Gran Magnifico"

Bring Me A Shrubbery
Premium Member
Question for anybody about the rooms. Probably been answered before - but I don't have the patience to scroll through 677 pages.

Specifically about the Interactive TV's. Are they going to have the resort stations on the TV? Disney Springs, the Parks, basically all the fun stuff there is to do at the WDW Resort while you are LARP'ing and quarantined on the fake ship? Also, can you watch ESPN in space?

mergatroid

R2 was sent to Obi. Obi was living near Luke to watch over him. Tatooine is very sparsely populated, and Luke and Obi live in a particularly sparsely populated section. It’s not that much of a coincidence.

You’re trying way too hard. And you’d probably feel better if you just admitted how biased in favor of the Starcruiser you are instead of pretending to be in any way impartial.
It really is, how many people do you think live on the planet, 200,000? If so, what are the odds, hmmmmmmm?

I don't think the starcruiser is worth the money if that's what you want to hear? I'm not judging that properly till it opens, that's all. I spent years reading how terrible 'Avatarland' and 'ROTR' would be by many on here and they were wrong? So I'm waiting and seeing before deciding and really only criticising those who've decided already?

GimpYancIent

I think Disney has put themselves into a corner with the pricing.

Part of the reason it is so high is to give the experience an air of exclusivity, and possibly manage the initial rush to book it. The price is as much a part of the branding as the Star Wars name (as is often the case with luxury products). Much of the early media coverage was also about the sticker price shock.

So what happens if they have trouble filling these rooms at these prices? Can they get away with offering discounts without it looking like they're struggling in the eyes of the media or investors?

In think in the long run this hotel will be pre-booked as an corporate incentive experience, or given away to contest winners. Or maybe you pay rack rate for a week or more at a deluxe resort and they give you 2 "free" nights here (food and bev extra) instead of 25% off the Grand or Poly.
Correct! A high price does not mean high quality or value. Part of the problem is that it is actually insulting peoples (guests) common sense and reasoning by looking at the fans / guests as mere monetary resources to be exploited to the fullest.

Casper Gutman

It really is, how many people do you think live on the planet, 200,000? If so, what are the odds, hmmmmmmm?

I don't think the starcruiser is worth the money if that's what you want to hear? I'm not judging that properly till it opens, that's all. I spent years reading how terrible 'Avatarland' and 'ROTR' would be by many on here and they were wrong? So I'm waiting and seeing before deciding and really only criticising those who've decided already?
R2 intentionally went towards Obi who intentionally lives near Luke. This isn’t hard.

And you have spent this entire thread trying to reject all inferences based on evidence to the point where you are fighting against the very idea of using evidence to form tentative judgements.

And I don’t recall many - any? - posters doubting the general quality of RotR during its construction, and the criticisms of Pandora centered on the wisdom of using Avatar as a source IP, a criticism that remains very relevant.

You are bordering on bad faith here.

Last edited:

flynnibus

Premium Member
So what happens if they have trouble filling these rooms at these prices? Can they get away with offering discounts without it looking like they're struggling in the eyes of the media or investors?

In think in the long run this hotel will be pre-booked as an corporate incentive experience, or given away to contest winners. Or maybe you pay rack rate for a week or more at a deluxe resort and they give you 2 "free" nights here (food and bev extra) instead of 25% off the Grand or Poly.

bundles-bundles-everywhere.jpeg

Offer steep discounts off rack rate by offering bumper bookings. Book 5 days at the GF and 2 days at Starcruiser for this great price!

Lots of ways they can basically discount without having to lower the actual price.

Cesar R M

Looking up cabin sizes on their website, the Concierge rooms are larger by at least 53 sqft.

For the curious, interior staterooms are:
  • Size: Approximately 169 sq. ft.
Though it looks like there might be more space in the cheapest cabin on the Wish than the Starcruiser? https://disneycruise.disney.go.com/ships/wish/staterooms-inside/

Edit: Apparently interior rooms have a bathtub too.
and double divided restrooms. Aka loo and sink on one side and mini tub and sink on another.

THE 1HAPPY HAUNT

LMAO!!!! Omg. This looks god awful! You mean to tell me that is a real song?! That was not just a crappy song used for the promo?! That there is a full version!! Disney knows people hated that song and made fun of it so they took down the video, and they didn't change the acrual show?! They kept that crappy song in the event itself?!!! They doubled down?!!! Oh...HOW EMBARRASSING.

Cesar R M

Yeah, tables and chairs do look cheap. They almost look temporary. I am curious on when this was taped? If it was recently (like as in the last few days) that is not a good sign at all for paying customers. Hopefully, for paying customers sake, it was during early testing and were just waiting for the permanent furniture to come in.

It was also oddly spaced, like for social distancing, which is another reason I am questioning when this was. No way 50 rooms of people are going to be there for 1 of two dinner sittings at that layout.
Makes you wonder if the chairs/tables were laid that way on purpose, to make the place look like it was "full".
But was not actually at capacity like it should.
There are some very large empty spaces, specially in the center.

correcaminos

There are several TikToks of the rooms floating around and there’s a good reason they’ve never shown the bathrooms. They’re akin to a Motel 6 with tiny showers (no tubs for small kids) and a single sink. Absolutely crazy to think how much this costs.
I just found this one https://vm.tiktok.com/TTPdSMtKED/

Spouse said it reminded him of 5th element. Not Star Wars.
Edit this was his reference point https://vm.tiktok.com/TTPdSMtKED/

We are not insanely wealthy by any means but a save for this would've been not hard for us. I was worried about 24/7 cosplay at first. Now I'm not. I'd rather toss money at a VIP tour for one day than this tbh.

Last edited:

WDWJoeG

On the flip side, Avengers Campus with it's one new attraction and a boring aesthetic is bustling with characters everywhere making it feel much more alive. I didn't expect we'd see AC be more alive then SWGE yet here we are.
And blasting iconic Avenger's theme music when you enter the land, because, um....immersion...and...um...consistent WDI logic.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom