News Star Wars Galactic Starcruiser coming to Walt Disney World 2021

"El Gran Magnifico"

Bring Me A Shrubbery
Premium Member
Turn up the lights in that dining room and, based on what we have seen, comparisons to a high school gym are not particularly hyperbolic. It’s a large, empty space with a bunch of barely themed movable chairs and tables.

1645648033400.png

Skywise

You must have been furious with the Original trilogy story-line then?

I mean what are the odds that the very planet R2-D2 landed on after ejecting after Leia's ship was boarded just happened to be the one her brother lived on? Add to that what are the chances that the droid was captured and sold to her brother who only bought him because the one he chose first blew up, making him buy R2 instead? Increase the absurdity levels to the odds that the very person who boarded Leia's ship in the first place also just happened to be the father of the guy who bought the droid and we see just how forgiving Star Wars fans are at not worrying too much about how likely any given scenario is in the story.

But say "A Jedi training room was put on a cruise ship" and all of a sudden they want to examine it all in intricate detail otherwise it ruins the story? I agree it sounds a bit strange but let's not pretend that any story that's fictional can't be pulled to pieces if you decide you want to try to be clever and ridicule it? :D
You'll notice I'm not against the existence of the training room - I just find the shoddy storytelling from "Storytelling experts" explaining it... lacking....
(Selling the lightsabers is really more problematic from a fictional universe aspect but... whatcha gonna do? :D )

Skywise

The halycon and the Jedi training room predate the purge, so yes there could be plenty of Jedi around at the time it was built. I haven't read the comics, just something I came across. But the time period for the comics start at the high republic era.
It's not a purge problem. The Jedi weren't THAT numerous (although I'm sure that'll be retconned too)

Casper Gutman

It’s kind of interesting that Disney didn’t bring in any high profile film directors or writers to, if only nominally, associate themselves with this project. With something this risky, innovative, and fundamentally filmic, it seems logical to have brought in, say, Favrau to “direct” portions of it - which would, at the least, make for good PR.

When this version fails, I want to see a reimagined Starcruiser written and directed by James Gunn.

Or David Lynch.

DCBaker

Premium Member
I just found this one https://vm.tiktok.com/TTPdSMtKED/

Spouse said it reminded him of 5th element. Not Star Wars.
Edit this was his reference point https://vm.tiktok.com/TTPdSMtKED/

We are not insanely wealthy by any means but a save for this would've been not hard for us. I was worried about 24/7 cosplay at first. Now I'm not. I'd rather toss money at a VIP tour for one day than this tbh.

Just for reference, this is the same video that ClickOrlando had live last night - the video has just been flipped.

Virtual Toad

Question for anybody about the rooms. Probably been answered before - but I don't have the patience to scroll through 677 pages.

Specifically about the Interactive TV's. Are they going to have the resort stations on the TV? Disney Springs, the Parks, basically all the fun stuff there is to do at the WDW Resort while you are LARP'ing and quarantined on the fake ship? Also, can you watch ESPN in space?
Maybe this if we’re lucky:

Skywise

View attachment 623582

This is the kind of tables and seating in the place? On a barren simple grey floor?

da f?
It might be multi-use space - I could see them wanting to adjust the area for special events or maybe even for encounters and having fixed settings would lock it into one function. That said, that furniture is startlingly... pedestrian.

LSLS

There is no chance that is what the dining room will look like. Not even disney has that kind of hubris. I'm willing to wait for final judgment until the first week or two go through, but yikes. If the videos released and then pulled by disney didn't concern you, you are kidding yourself. And this video makes it look worse. It could be an older video, and it could be they have really ratcheted up and fixed things, but thus absolutely should be a concern at this point.

Notes from Neverland

There is no chance that is what the dining room will look like. Not even disney has that kind of hubris. I'm willing to wait for final judgment until the first week or two go through, but yikes.
If this is what it looks like for the media preview, I wouldn't expect anything significant to change before guests arrive. Disney's media events usually offer the absolute best version of something, including things regular guests won't experience (X-wings over Galaxy's Edge).

durangojim

There is no chance that is what the dining room will look like. Not even disney has that kind of hubris. I'm willing to wait for final judgment until the first week or two go through, but yikes. If the videos released and then pulled by disney didn't concern you, you are kidding yourself. And this video makes it look worse. It could be an older video, and it could be they have really ratcheted up and fixed things, but thus absolutely should be a concern at this point.
As they say, “What you see is what you get.” Disney doesn’t change things this late in the game, especially after having the press there. This is what it will be like.
Anyone have any videos of the “luxury suites”?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom