News Star Wars Galactic Starcruiser coming to Walt Disney World 2021

durangojim

New video on the development of the Starcruiser -

Oh boy. Thank goodness they’re all there to tell us how hard they worked and am also letting the CMs go be themselves. What a shame this seems to be such a missed opportunity to create something really wonderful and great. Also is Ann Morrow frozen in carbonite somewhere? Maybe hanging on Dok Ondar’s wall?

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
The leaked videos and actual reviews for Galactic Starcruiser will be coming in fast and furious over the next few days. But let's review this dining room and Gaya performance we've just seen leaked video of.

The Crown of Corelia Dining Room on the Galactic Starcruiser is used for main meal services and the evening dinner show featuring Gaya. That dining room concept has evolved from slightly underwhelming yet still cool looking concept art like this...

To this actual reality from a preview cruise a few days before it opens to paying customers...

View attachment 623705

So, I'm going to go ahead and think the dining room and Gaya scene is not going to be a real highlight. 🤨

But, at least the reports are that the food is very good! And I said a couple months ago that the food presentation and curation looks really impressive. So whoever was in charge of the food program for this hotel did very well! It's just a shame that food has to be served in this unimpressive room with that performer vamping around needlessly.

My curiosity is piqued with the caption at the bottom "Drag Show at Rich's San Diego" png .

Last edited:

WDW Pro

View attachment 623699
These two will come back with glowing reviews
Solid picture idea though!
Funny what a stay at the Grand Floridian beforehand will do for your mood...

So I'm hearing interesting buzz coming out from the media who have been staying there. "$6k. No way."

Who is going to dare say it/print it.
I don't know who you're hearing from, but I'm getting the messages that this is a very niche experience for a demographic that just doesn't exist in great numbers. One source says it's like it was designed for adult children who recently came into wealth and have no idea what six grand can actually buy you for vacation.

FettFan

Crappy song aside, I just want to know who signed off on naming this galactic centerpiece of a performing artist, who seems to be a major draw of the starcruiser’s festivities, who sings about the wonders of space exploration and a “new world”… EARTH!

(Gaia/Gea being Greek for Earth)

Maybe a Captain Planet fan?

Heroforearth022.jpg

Sir_Cliff

I don't know who you're hearing from, but I'm getting the messages that this is a very niche experience for a demographic that just doesn't exist in great numbers. One source says it's like it was designed for adult children who recently came into wealth and have no idea what six grand can actually buy you for vacation.
From the promo pictures, it looks like they're pitching it fairly heavily to young families. I could kind of see where there could be some market there made up of young professionals with lots of money but not much time to go on vacation with the family who might think this would be a nice treat for the kids. Whether there are enough of these people to fill the place on a regular basis, however, I don't know.

"El Gran Magnifico"

Mr Flibble is Very Cross.
From the promo pictures, it looks like they're pitching it fairly heavily to young families. I could kind of see where there could be some market there made up of young professionals with lots of money but not much time to go on vacation with the family who might think this would be a nice treat for the kids. Whether there are enough of these people to fill the place on a regular basis, however, I don't know.

I suppose the roving pack of Survey Hunters will be incorporating the question:

Does the name Luke Skywalker mean anything to you?

To which a response in the negative will initiate a deluge of marketing materials - the likes of which have never been seen in recorded modern history.

TDLFan

That new vid is exactly what's wrong with the Walt Disney company today. People throwing around a bunch of bs. Unreal. No wonder Enchantment got approved. Speaking of that, I went into city hall the other night to voice my displeasure of the show and the response was "Well, we here feel the same way, so we understand." I mean seriously, what does that say, Disney? Get back on track!

TP2000

Also, is it just me, or do the three of them look kind of miserable?

You know, that's something that's been dawning on me lately; the lack of humor here. And realizing that Gaya could have been a witty and charming character to provide humor to the onboard story arcs is just part of that.

These Imagineers and people working on this project take themselves so seriously. They really do think they are doing very important work that will keep families together and form permanent bonds that could never happen if the family just went camping at a lake in Ohio. And they seem to be very earnest and serious about it all.

None of them seem to be having much fun. None of them ever laughs, or says something funny, even though their dialogue is all pre-scripted and professionally curated. They are very serious about their very important work that they are very proud of. :rolleyes:

It's kind of a downer to watch these self-congratulatory WDI videos. It's a freakin' theme park, not a cancer ward!

This man would like to know who killed the funny, lighthearted vibe at his entertainment organization...

900w-600h_national-hat-day-walt-hats-gallery-5.jpg

Last edited:

Sir_Cliff

I suppose the roving pack of Survey Hunters will be incorporating the question:

Does the name Luke Skywalker mean anything to you?

To which a response in the negative will initiate a deluge of marketing materials - the likes of which have never been seen in recorded modern history.
Well, to be completely serious, this kind of seems their target market. This doesn't look at all like it's pitched at hardcore fans to live out their Star Wars fantasies. It seems more for those with a moderate knowledge and generally positive feelings about Star Wars who are cash-rich and time-poor when it comes to doing things with the kids and may want to win some parenting points.

Animaniac93-98

It seems more for those with a moderate knowledge and generally positive feelings about Star Wars who are cash-rich and time-poor when it comes to doing things with the kids and may want to win some parenting points.

If that's the case, it's an oddly specific, and very cynical way for Disney to think of their potential audience for this.

donsullivan

Premium Member
….I don't know who you're hearing from, but I'm getting the messages that this is a very niche experience for a demographic that just doesn't exist in great numbers. One source says it's like it was designed for adult children who recently came into wealth and have no idea what six grand can actually buy you for vacation.
That’s what it was always intended to be. This has never been about adding another hotel to stay at while visiting Walt Disney World- it was always about a small capacity experience for Star Wars fans that just happened to be located at WDW because they had land and Galaxy’s Edge. That’s why it was designed so small right from the start.

While I will not dispute the ‘aggressive’ price, people need to let go of comparing this and it’s services to anyother hotel at WDW. It is not that, and it was never intended to be that.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom