News Star Wars Galactic Starcruiser coming to Walt Disney World 2021

durangojim

I can’t believe we are 10+ years removed from Disney taking over Star Wars and are about to witness what appears to be a total train wreck.

I never thought this would happen in the Theme Park division with Star Wars. Especially with the rivalry with Universal.
How do you drop the ball with Star Wars in the theme parks?
I'm looking forward to Universal's twitter trolling that's going to come from all of this.

Cesar R M

People

Some say that this is the lounge, but it matches up with the concept art of the dining room and that table in the center with the light is the upcharge captain’s table.

crown-of-corellia-dining-room-galactic-starcruiser-star-wars-hotel-concept-art.jpeg

Captains-Table-Star-Wars-Galactic-Starcruiser-Star-Wars-Hotel-Dining-Cropped-Disney-World-Concept-Art.png

View attachment 623592
The chairs still seem so.. weirdly bland generic? they look nothing like what the concept is.
Even the sides have different lightning lamps?

mergatroid

Again not going to argue semantics
Neither am I, you're the one arguing that background audio is the better description not me? If somebody said to me there's some cool background audio in place x,y or z then I'd think they could mean music, sound effects or general noise. Call it whatever you like, it's a background sound of some type or if you prefer a background audio.

MurphyJoe

Yep, and the verandah family stateroom is the same size for $2400

Looking up cabin sizes on their website, the Concierge rooms are larger by at least 53 sqft.

For the curious, interior staterooms are:
  • Size: Approximately 169 sq. ft.
Though it looks like there might be more space in the cheapest cabin on the Wish than the Starcruiser? https://disneycruise.disney.go.com/ships/wish/staterooms-inside/

Edit: Apparently interior rooms have a bathtub too.

mergatroid

It WAS a coincidence that Luke got the droid though. Someone else could have bought it and got the same message. We might be following Sam Spacedancer instead...
You'll probably be told "But the droid escaped Luke's home and went out and found Obi Wan" which is true. However that doesn't begin to explain the coincidence of Leia's brother buying it and inserting himself into the story. And if people want to argue that 'The Force' guided these events then that logic could certainly be applied to a Jedi training room being built on a Star Cruiser.

Cesar R M

Hey, how about that merch?

Thats a lot of attention to the logo. XD

It depends on which side of the force you are on that determines which toilet you get:

View attachment 623600
Imagine if the loos had voice activated effects.

Flushing for the 2rd time after getting poisoned by extra painted shrimps and using too much toilet paper will make the loo say in palpatine's voice "Yes, yes... let your anger flush out" :hilarious:
:hilarious: :hilarious: :hilarious: :hilarious: :hilarious: :hilarious:

jinx8402

The chairs still seem so.. weirdly bland generic? they look nothing like what the concept is.
Even the sides have different lightning lamps?
Yeah, tables and chairs do look cheap. They almost look temporary. I am curious on when this was taped? If it was recently (like as in the last few days) that is not a good sign at all for paying customers. Hopefully, for paying customers sake, it was during early testing and were just waiting for the permanent furniture to come in.

It was also oddly spaced, like for social distancing, which is another reason I am questioning when this was. No way 50 rooms of people are going to be there for 1 of two dinner sittings at that layout.

durangojim

Looking up cabin sizes on their website, the Concierge rooms are larger by at least 53 sqft.

For the curious, interior staterooms are:
  • Size: Approximately 169 sq. ft.
Though it looks like there might be more space in the cheapest cabin on the Wish than the Starcruiser? https://disneycruise.disney.go.com/ships/wish/staterooms-inside/

Edit: Apparently interior rooms have a bathtub too.
Thanks, I was forgetting this was the Wish and not the Dream or Fantasy where the sizes of the family veranda staterooms and concierge staterooms were virtually identical.

Casper Gutman

You'll probably be told "But the droid escaped Luke's home and went out and found Obi Wan" which is true. However that doesn't begin to explain the coincidence of Leia's brother buying it and inserting himself into the story. And if people want to argue that 'The Force' guided these events then that logic could certainly be applied to a Jedi training room being built on a Star Cruiser.
R2 was sent to Obi. Obi was living near Luke to watch over him. Tatooine is very sparsely populated, and Luke and Obi live in a particularly sparsely populated section. It’s not that much of a coincidence.

You’re trying way too hard. And you’d probably feel better if you just admitted how biased in favor of the Starcruiser you are instead of pretending to be in any way impartial.

Animaniac93-98

I think Disney has put themselves into a corner with the pricing.

Part of the reason it is so high is to give the experience an air of exclusivity, and possibly manage the initial rush to book it. The price is as much a part of the branding as the Star Wars name (as is often the case with luxury products). Much of the early media coverage was also about the sticker price shock.

So what happens if they have trouble filling these rooms at these prices? Can they get away with offering discounts without it looking like they're struggling in the eyes of the media or investors?

In think in the long run this hotel will be pre-booked as an corporate incentive experience, or given away to contest winners. Or maybe you pay rack rate for a week or more at a deluxe resort and they give you 2 "free" nights here (food and bev extra) instead of 25% off the Grand or Poly.

WDWJoeG

Not saying it's a good explanation (and definitely one most will not know about) but apparently in one of the comic books released about the starcruiser, the owner installed the training center for the Jedi to use while aboard the ship.
Ha! Thank you, honestly, that just made my day.

For those of you that have not seen the highly underrated "Thank You For Smoking", Rob Lowe as the Hollywood producer has a classic line regarding "one line of dialogue" to explain everything.
  • Jeff Megall : [in his office] Sony has a futuristic sci-fi movie they're looking to make.
    Nick Naylor : Cigarettes in space?
    Jeff Megall : It's the final frontier, Nick.
    Nick Naylor : But wouldn't they blow up in an all oxygen environment?
    Jeff Megall : Probably. But it's an easy fix. One line of dialogue. 'Thank God we invented the... you know, whatever device.'

Bam. There you have it.​

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom