News Star Wars Galactic Starcruiser coming to Walt Disney World 2021

Minthorne

If I were designing a hotel room where people would be paying around $1400 a night per person double occupancy And I only had 100 rooms to deal with I would have made them large and opulent. Is the savings of having tiny cabins worth it?

As fan of Disney for 50 years and a stock owner I tell you all - Disney sucks now.

mergatroid

That's a REALLY dumb explanation. First off, there aren't THAT many Jedis to warrant carving out that much space on a cruiser that would be unused, like 99% of the time. It'd be like putting a chemistry lab on a cruise ship in case some esteemed scientists want to take a cruise. More to the point, Jedi don't DO "luxury" and wouldn't be ON a cruise to begin with.

Geez people - it's SIMPLE - Just say Kylo Ren ordered it installed - or better yet that Emperor Palpatine did (although the latter is a little trickier as I don't think his "Sith Lord" personae was ever public knowledge. But I bet you could get away with saying he liked to 'dabble')

We're way off the lore and Storytelling anyway (We offer a wide variety of light sabers in our gift shop on the mezzanine! Please stop by and check out our replicas of Darth Vaders lightsaber that you can own for your very own! Who's Darth Vader? Oh, we're not allowed to talk about him anymore.)
You must have been furious with the Original trilogy story-line then?

I mean what are the odds that the very planet R2-D2 landed on after ejecting after Leia's ship was boarded just happened to be the one her brother lived on? Add to that what are the chances that the droid was captured and sold to her brother who only bought him because the one he chose first blew up, making him buy R2 instead? Increase the absurdity levels to the odds that the very person who boarded Leia's ship in the first place also just happened to be the father of the guy who bought the droid and we see just how forgiving Star Wars fans are at not worrying too much about how likely any given scenario is in the story.

But say "A Jedi training room was put on a cruise ship" and all of a sudden they want to examine it all in intricate detail otherwise it ruins the story? I agree it sounds a bit strange but let's not pretend that any story that's fictional can't be pulled to pieces if you decide you want to try to be clever and ridicule it? :D

Last edited:

Animaniac93-98

If I were designing a hotel room where people would be paying around $1400 a night per person double occupancy And I only had 100 rooms to deal with I would have made them large and opulent. Is the savings of having tiny cabins worth it?

As fan of Disney for 50 years and a stock owner I tell you all - Disney sucks now.

I'm not so familiar with Disney Cruise Line, but I think for $2,800/night you can probably get a nicer cabin than the ones on the Starcruiser?

Wendy Pleakley

Really the same issue that has held SWGE back. Both need to be bursting with Star Wars characters to bring them alive and make the place feel convincing. SWGE feels like an abandoned movie set because they did not follow through with the original plan to bring in masses of live performers.

I'm reading the Art of Galaxy's Edge book and it's interesting to see what was intended versus what was delivered.

It was designed to tell a story that one discovers throughout the land. Rise of the Resistance has a very subtle entrance and is on the outskirts. The idea is one would be drawn to the busy parts of the land and then discover this hidden base and mission.

Realistically, no one is going to go to Galaxy's Edge and not know about Rise, but the concept is intriguing. Encountering characters in random spots or in Oga's who allude to other things. The land could have indeed felt so much more alive.

That's the million dollar question. Will the Starcruiser dole out these story elements in a subtle and convincing manner? Maybe a random "guest" in the lounge asks people if they've heard about such and such happening. Or will it be all laid out in a predictable itinerary?

trainplane3

Really the same issue that has held SWGE back. Both need to be bursting with Star Wars characters to bring them alive and make the place feel convincing. SWGE feels like an abandoned movie set because they did not follow through with the original plan to bring in masses of live performers.
On the flip side, Avengers Campus with it's one new attraction and a boring aesthetic is bustling with characters everywhere making it feel much more alive. I didn't expect we'd see AC be more alive then SWGE yet here we are.

MurphyJoe

I'm not so familiar with Disney Cruise Line, but I think for $2,800/night you can probably get a nicer cabin than the ones on the Starcruiser?

I didn't click through to find out the exact cabin listed, but for less than $5,600 a Concierge-level stateroom can be had for 3-nights on the Disney Wish (which has the Star Wars: Hyperspace Lounge) for two people.

Attachments

• 2022-02-23_14-08-34.png
    2022-02-23_14-08-34.png
    584.7 KB · Views: 99

Driver

Maybe you are but I think most of us are going to take the intel from the guy who's been running this site for more than 20 years with an impeccable track record over your word on it - sorry.
And that’s fine, but let me be clear there is a sound “drone” or however it was described whatever. I am not saying that it’s silent . It’s more like an equipment or machine noise that does vary slightly. Not trying to play semantics just trying to be accurate.

mergatroid

She was told to get the help of Obi-Wan Kenobi, it wasn’t just a coincidence.
But the odds an escape pod just happens to land close to where Obi Wan was? Just like Luke crashing his X-Wing right near where Yoda lives? It doesn't bother me because it's fiction, but if you're going to set strict rules for one thing then at least be consistent. :D

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom