News Star Wars Galactic Starcruiser coming to Walt Disney World 2021

Cesar R M

No…based on the size of the rooms/beds the spawn must be named “circus acrobat”…

Which considering the typical physical fitness of the cosplay crowd is even more impressive 👍🏻
I can't wait for them to encourage the clients "conceiving" a child to wear magicbands.
And the tracking systems will score them based on the acrobatics and even give title of "Jedi" or "Sith" Master according to the heroics. :hilarious:
:hilarious: :hilarious:

MoonRakerSCM

Interesting... the new vid showing the lack of panels in the bunk beds (after showing it in the photos before).

Is that a result of it having been installed... and then removed? Was this filmed prior to the installation? Are there different rooms that are cheaper and do not include the panels? Was the previous photo altered digitally to include the panels?

Curious...

correcaminos

So what is it then?
Immersive adventures with the option to cosplay. People often do not understand that LARPing is actually live action role playing games. With empahsis on the game portion. It has rules and such to follow. Cosplay can allow for original characters and doesn't have rules or a game with a real goal to do. I hate participating in a lot of RPGs and LARPs but I enjoy watching.

Think of this more like a RenFest. Option to dress up and experience things from the era but not much else.

Patcheslee

Some screen shots from the latest promo. Notice that nobody appears to be wearing SW gear even though this is supposed to be LARPing experience.

View attachment 622496
View attachment 622507
View attachment 622508
Do these guys count lol Screenshot_20220218-182640_Chrome.jpg

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Immersive adventures with the option to cosplay. People often do not understand that LARPing is actually live action role playing games. With empahsis on the game portion. It has rules and such to follow. Cosplay can allow for original characters and doesn't have rules or a game with a real goal to do. I hate participating in a lot of RPGs and LARPs but I enjoy watching.

Think of this more like a RenFest. Option to dress up and experience things from the era but not much else.
…let’s see what the hell an “immersive adventure” is and if they can sell it?

Because no such term actually exists. Those are two disney buzzwords slapped together.

The time to find out is at hand.

correcaminos

…let’s see what the hell an “immersive adventure” is and if they can sell it?

Because no such term actually exists. Those are two disney buzzwords slapped together.

The time to find out is at hand.
That was my description.... people keep using LARP and while some might think LARP or even wanting some LARP either their expectations were wrong or they don't understand LARP. More often it's the latter.

Much like I don't do RPGs 9 times out of ten, I don't like LARPing at all. But I understand what both of those are. Immersive experiences are not LARP. And people keep confusing this. Even reenactments are closer than a cosplay optional hotel is.

So when I used immersive it's supposed to be immersive like RotR is. Adventure in such that it is a multi-day experience. Cosplay optional.

MrPromey

Oh sorry. I didn't mean it seriously. No need to feel bad. Mostly poking at how many think it's weird at times when a female likes SWs and sorta related LOTR. People assume my husband likes it more than me and I'm just a Disney chick.

I'm like you, I totally associate with icons. It gets me when two people have the same and I'm stuck trying to figure out who is who 😉
You liked my post so I know you didn't but I still felt kinda bad. :)

Anyway, having been to Star Wars Celebration, I know the ratio isn't 1:1 but I know there are an eye-opening number of the fairer sex represented!

Last edited:

correcaminos

You liked my post so I know you didn't but I still felt kinda bad. :)

Anyway, having been to Star Wars Celebration, I know the ratio isn't 50:50 but I know there are an eye-opening number of the fairer sex represented!
It's one of those things like science. Often certain people are discouraged from taking part or just simply not encouraged to like. To me Leia was a great role model. She was often more of a bad- than her twin brother. Not many of my female friends were into it lest they were called a nerd. It's nice to know more are into it. I haven'tbeen able to do SW stuff outside of GE in a long time.

CinematicFusion

So basically this $6000 experience is Ogas cantina and Space 220 inside the ROTR queue attached to the hangar bay room with some cruise ship activities (without the cruise) and character meet and greets thrown in? Except you end your day in a claustrophobic room instead of a Deluxe or 5 star hotel?

The only shot this hotel had is if it opened before Galaxies Edge and even then the price is way too steep for what it sounds like they re delivering.
You have a point. Stay at copper creek cabins for two nights and visit galaxy’s edge, that sounds like the better option. We will find out what makes those small rooms so memorable soon…. March is around the corner

MrPromey

Is there replay-ability with this Star Wars hotel? I’ve gone to wilderness lodge countless times over the last 20 years as an example.
How many will continue to go to this themed hotel after they gone once?
Seems like this idea has a short shelf life.
With only 100 rooms, it really doesn't need a lot of repeat guests... as long as they can find enough first time guests who think it's worth it - that's what neither we nor Disney really know for sure about at this point, though.

Last edited:

MoonRakerSCM

This is a relatively small capital outlay and minor project. It's not like DCA circa 2001. It's just a lightly landscaped warehouse next to a freeway cloverleaf behind the CM parking lot. The interior is custom built, but as we've seen from their own media it's not that impressive or extravagant.

In the big ballgame of a multi-Billion dollar company like today's "Disney", this will be relatively easy to abandon and write off when it flops and stops booking reservations by 2023. Easy to bury and repurpose the building for a training facility, or new offices for HR, or a nice crash pad for CM's working back-to-back 12 hour shifts with only a 7 hour turnaround.

I was talking about this with a friend the other day, that this building is extremely cheap... it's on par with some of the cheapest buildings on Disney property as it is just an unthemed warehouse ala most of the backstage buildings.

But thinking about it as you mentioned... it makes perfect sense... this hotel is inconsequential to Disney. They've cheaped out on construction from the core of the building down to the 'immersive' details. It's obvious now that Disney does not see and is not treating this as a crown jewel of the worldwide entertainment industry... it's a quick cash grab.

You're right. This hotel is built to fail.

flynnibus

Premium Member
I was talking about this with a friend the other day, that this building is extremely cheap... it's on par with some of the cheapest buildings on Disney property as it is just an unthemed warehouse ala most of the backstage buildings.

Cheap based on what? Simply because it lacks faux crap glued or painted all over it? Overlooking all the infrastructure setup JUST FOR THIS?

Just because it looks like a steal warehouse doesn't make it cheap.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Disney thinks they have a nearly-unlimited pool of consumers who will pay and pay handsomely for this. It’s the same philosophy as they have for the parks, they think they have a never-ending supply of consumers willing to pay and pay handsomely for the supposed “premium Disney experience”. I think they’re going to be surprised at how limited the shelf life of this is.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom