News Star Wars Galactic Starcruiser coming to Walt Disney World 2021

SourcererMark79

In the Parks
No
It actually makes complete sense

Don’t want to bite the hand that pays you to exist…but on the other hand…everyone Gen X and younger is completely sarcastic and cynical and that’s what gets views on the cesspool of the internet.
If it's on the internet, it has to be true, right? I mean, they have a webpage so who wouldn't trust their report?

what do you mean I can't use an internet source on my book report?

kingdead

It actually makes complete sense

Don’t want to bite the hand that pays you to exist…but on the other hand…everyone Gen X and younger is completely sarcastic and cynical and that’s what gets views on the cesspool of the internet.
Nah, today's children are 1. complete sweeties 2. even if they all aren't, the ones who go into the Disney college program are customer-focused. The problem here is that no one who's a full time CM wants that gig.

ImperfectPixie

I don't know about a legal requirement but as an ethical requirement of a journalist. Bloggers have standards? Only what the court of public opinion requires imo
Yes, the law is that if a person reviewing something received the item for free or is promoting something for which they receive a commission, there has to be verbiage stating as much.

ETA: In my experience, bloggers tend to be more careful than vloggers because some affiliate programs will check on compliance.

LovePop

Some screen shots from the latest promo. Notice that nobody appears to be wearing SW gear even though this is supposed to be LARPing experience.

33.PNG

44.PNG

66.PNG

Attachments

• 22.PNG
    22.PNG
    364.7 KB · Views: 68

LovePop

Game: What's missing in the screen shot of the room from the new video compared to earlier photos?

New:
77.PNG

Old:
v.png

(Answer below)

Notice the control panels in the bunk bed wall in the old photo? They are missing in the new one. So, that got cut after already being put in. Also, the dark grey decorative strip between the bunkbeds is missing. The ladder is narrower in the new one - perhaps a hint that guests with large "waistlines" should not be climbing such ladders.

We've yet to see a photo or concept art of the bathroom.

Last edited:

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Nah, today's children are 1. complete sweeties 2. even if they all aren't, the ones who go into the Disney college program are customer-focused. The problem here is that no one who's a full time CM wants that gig.
I was talking about bloggers…

If you want to get into college program…we’re gonna need guards and a tiger pit

1645369794701.jpeg

MrPromey

Game: What's missing in the screen shot of the room from the new video compared to earlier photos?

New:
View attachment 622519

Old:
View attachment 622520

(Answer below)

Notice the control panels in the bunk bed wall in the old photo? They are missing in the new one. So, that got cut after already being put in. Also, the dark grey decorative strip between the bunkbeds is missing. The ladder is narrower in the new one - perhaps a hint that guests with large "waistlines" should not be climbing such ladders.

To be fair, the change with the ladder looks to me like it may have more to do with access to the bottom bunk it sits in front of.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member

New:
View attachment 622519

Old:
View attachment 622520

(Answer below)

It looks less “enterprise D” and more “next renovation to bay lake tower” now…

…totally understand…why order bedding in bulk twice when you can do it only once 👍🏻

peter11435

New:
View attachment 622519

Old:
View attachment 622520

(Answer below)

Pretty sure your Old pic is a rendering. So nothing was cut after already being installed.

natatomic

New:
View attachment 622519

Old:
View attachment 622520

(Answer below)

Those bunk beds look so tiny! Can they fit any other kids besides twin 3 year olds? Or is it just an illusion? I certainly can’t image preteens let alone teens sleeping in those bunks.

mickEblu

So basically this $6000 experience is Ogas cantina and Space 220 inside the ROTR queue attached to the hangar bay room with some cruise ship activities (without the cruise) and character meet and greets thrown in? Except you end your day in a claustrophobic room instead of a Deluxe or 5 star hotel?

The only shot this hotel had is if it opened before Galaxies Edge and even then the price is way too steep for what it sounds like they re delivering.

Last edited:

MrPromey

Not at all like the "thanks, I hate it!" crowd here who can crank out a good dozen tweets the moment so much as an image drops.
Ah, you mean the customers! 👍

When you are paying full price and getting nothing back other than what you paid for, you’re allowed to appear “ungrateful” when you don’t like what you get for your money.

A lot of us have been unhappy with what we’ve been getting for a while now and I think it’s more than understandable that, having been down this road a few times, we’re expecting this to be no exception to what this version of Disney overcharges for…

But you’re right, maybe this time will be different… I guess.

Last edited:

ᗩLᘿᑕ ✨ ᗩζᗩᗰ

HOUSE OF MAGIC
Premium Member

New:
View attachment 622519

Old:
View attachment 622520

(Answer below)

The dark grey decorative strip removal makes the room appear larger, as does shrinking the ladder to make the bunks appear larger... so design reasons and cost savings. The biggest loss is the control panels. Although a mounted TV that swivels outward would be the better amenity, maybe with a "control panel" screensaver? The lack of recessed shelving in the" after" photo is also troubling.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
Disney just opened up applications for current DCP participants to transfer into Galactic Starcruiser. Seems like a very interesting choice, I personally will be doing the DCP this coming spring and have plenty of customer service experience and could see myself working here, but for the large majority of current DCP participants, it seems odd that Disney would throw them at the clientele that will be boarding the Starcruiser.
The math is obvious: $6,000 customers facing $12.00 hour CPs from whom you're raking back 70% for housing.

Trauma

As a high school teacher who helped break up a MASSIVE fight this past week and now has an appointment to be tested for bloodborne pathogens because I was splashed with both blood and saliva from the two combatants....I wholeheartedly disagree.

Kids are buttholes.
I remember when I would break up a fight. If I got some blood on me I would find a towel and wipe it off.

How things have changed.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom