News Star Wars Galactic Starcruiser coming to Walt Disney World 2021

mhaftman7

The most intriguing part is that there will essentially be no views. It clearly states every resort window will be a view into space. So there’s no telling what it’ll be like! I mean it could very easily be a four-story building that is three football fields long that is underground. The possibilities are endless! Just think. A corridor that dumps you into GE, but is also the return to the “hotel” meanwhile, park guests have no obstructed views. I mean literally any building or mountain or forest could be part of this resort.

Ismael Flores

Sounds like it might’ve just be more mountain range with themed buildings to blend in with galaxy edge. The connection to land will most likely exit guests via a ship since supposedly they are out in space and want to maintain the illusion of that

mhaftman7

The exterior of the building on the DHS side is irrelevant. There are ZERO exterior windows that aren’t monitors. Chances are when departing for GE, the monitors display a landing sequence. What would be awesome would be a modified freight elevator that can be rotated 180 degrees that operates on slight angle to simulate landing and take off. Where you enter/exit the transport is the same type of ship.

Movielover

There are ZERO exterior windows that aren’t monitors. Chances are when departing for GE, the monitors display a landing sequence. What would be awesome would be a modified freight elevator that can be rotated 180 degrees that operates on slight angle to simulate landing and take off. Where you enter/exit the transport is the same type of ship.

Makes since because there will be a similar event for part of the preshow expirnce for the Battle Escape attraction.

Coaster Lover

In the Parks
No
Based on the "new" information (and any possible other insider information) any chance now that the hotel is NOT built adjacent to Galaxy's Edge? I mean, the announcement simply states "it will be seamlessly connected to Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge" however, one could argue that Hogsmead and Diagon Alley at Universal are "seamlessly connected" (despite being a reasonable distance apart). Any chance that they do something similar here (a.l.a. either have buses or some other transportation solution with either false/projection windows or possibly no windows at all to get you between the hotel and Galaxy's Edge?

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
You think about what they are charging to just stay in a cabin at wilderness lodge or one of the bungalows at the poly for a night. This is going to be out of peoples price budgets.

Here we go again with class warfare again. It will be out of the reach of SOME people's budgets. That's the hallmark of a capitalist society, not everyone can afford everything that's for sale.

MrPromey

Here we go again with class warfare again. It will be out of the reach of SOME people's budgets. That's the hallmark of a capitalist society, not everyone can afford everything that's for sale.

And given that they have to limit capacity (hence the boutique aspect) in order to keep this the kind of immersive experience they're touting it to be, that should be expected.

ppete1975

this keeps making me think how easy it would be for Disney to make this experience in other places... build 3-4 attractions, a land a hotel and have an immersive dress up role playing experience and you could put this anywhere as star wars lands (I'm looking at you texas).. it would need to be in a warm climate but it might do amazing because people like me that will prob not do this since I want to do all of Disney and epcot as well not just star wars, although I'm a huge star wars fan. My trips are just too spread apart, I could also then see universal copy it and build harry potter parks.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
The exterior of the building on the DHS side is irrelevant. There are ZERO exterior windows that aren’t monitors. Chances are when departing for GE, the monitors display a landing sequence. What would be awesome would be a modified freight elevator that can be rotated 180 degrees that operates on slight angle to simulate landing and take off. Where you enter/exit the transport is the same type of ship.
Makes since because there will be a similar event for part of the preshow expirnce for the Battle Escape attraction.

And probably the same set-up for the entrance to the new Space Restaurant.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
A hotel in Florida with no windows? Will the pool be indoor as well? Sounds smelly and claustrophobic.

There are many hotels with indoor pools that have no windows to the outside. Given the nature of the hotel as a two-day role-playing experience, it wouldn't surprise me nor disappoint me if they didn't have a pool at all.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
Based on the "new" information (and any possible other insider information) any chance now that the hotel is NOT built adjacent to Galaxy's Edge? I mean, the announcement simply states "it will be seamlessly connected to Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge" however, one could argue that Hogsmead and Diagon Alley at Universal are "seamlessly connected" (despite being a reasonable distance apart). Any chance that they do something similar here (a.l.a. either have buses or some other transportation solution with either false/projection windows or possibly no windows at all to get you between the hotel and Galaxy's Edge?
It doesn't have to be that complicated. They've already done this concept at The Star Trek Experience. You get into a simulator ride from the left, spaceship side, and get out on the right, ground side. To get back to the hotel, reverse the procedure. Now, watch for Star Tours to disappear (and magically reappear between the hotel and SW:GE).

Last edited:

Coaster Lover

In the Parks
No
It doesn't have to be that complicated.

The only reason I brought it up was because of the fact that there still seems to be some debate on where the hotel would be built. I agree that building the hotel directly next to Hollywood Studios would be (by far) the easiest option (with regards to connecting the hotel to the park), but there seemed to be some insiders who were suggesting that it might not be built directly adjacent to the park.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom