News Star Wars Galactic Starcruiser coming to Walt Disney World 2021

flyakite

Will there be a new PR video broadcasted during the Disney Parks Christmas Day Parade?

I looked at the description and it says sneak peaks including the Starcruiser. I can’t imagine they will show the same video.

Last edited:

Cesar R M

And that's interesting - If you know of Disney's vision for Harry Potter inclusion into the parks when they were talking to Rowling. Amounted to basically a dark ride and a themed QS place in Fantasyland. Might have been a couple of other things (obviously a Gift Shop). She told TWDC to kick rocks.

But imagine if Uni opened Mountain Meade (sounds like a stout) instead of Hogsmeade. And it was loosely based on Potter with some references here and there. Maybe a Potter themed ride. But not truly Potter. Just kinda "like" Potter. That's the feeling I get walking through SWGE. And maybe not everybody does. We each have our opinions and our experiences can differ. Just what it seems like to me.
Sort of "a town that happened to be in the harry potter universe where they walked past once and meet one person that we never heard in the books"?
Because that sounds pretty awful.

"El Gran Magnifico"

Bring Me A Shrubbery
Premium Member
Do just as many girls as guys like Star Wars? Not even close. Especially the ones that will be shelling out 6 large for two nights.

A lot of the guys shelling out the 6 large will be going with girls. (Wives, Daughters, and such).

I remember a time.......long ago and far away.....where I could make that type of decision on discretionary income all by myself. I'm going to wager that as much as the guy "likes" Star Wars - The 6 large isn't changing hands without an approval process. :)

Edited for spelling.

Last edited:

TP2000

Will there be a new PR video broadcasted during the Disney Parks Christmas Day Parade?

I looked at the description and it says sneak peaks including the Starcruiser. I can’t imagine they will show the same video.

Oh, that's great news!

I was just about to comment that they'll probably lock this PR concept down while they panic over the response of the past 30 days. But I forgot there's a TV special on Christmas Day they still have to get through.

This should be interesting to see what they do now.

I will say, the one thing that looked actually impressive was the food. They really did a good job making it look alien and cool. Whether or not it tastes good, that's another story. But the food aspect of this concept looked pretty solid and fun and unique.

The Christmas Day TV special is now on my watch list. I'm sure there's plenty of panic going on right now in Burbank and WDI, so they may go super light and vague on the Christmas Day TV special news. But it sounds like they're going to at least have to admit the Galactic Starcruiser is a thing and show something. Yay for more cringe! 🤣

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Oh, that's great news!

I was just about to comment that they'll probably lock this PR concept down while they panic over the response of the past 30 days. But I forgot there's a TV special on Christmas Day they still have to get through.

This should be interesting to see what they do now.

I will say, the one thing that looked actually impressive was the food. They really did a good job making it look alien and cool. Whether or not it tastes good, that's another story. But the food aspect of this concept looked pretty solid and fun and unique.

The Christmas Day TV special is now on my watch list. I'm sure there's plenty of panic going on right now in Burbank and WDI, so they may go super light and vague on the Christmas Day TV special news. But it sounds like they're going to at least have to admit the Galactic Starcruiser is a thing and show something. Yay for more cringe! 🤣

But when will they find time to squeeze it in with all the pre-recorded music from B- and C-list acts, plus all the other self-gratuitous fluff they put in there now? I guess what gets bumped will depend on what the profit margin is for each "experience".

"Sorry, Adventures by Disney - You won't generate as much profit as the Disney Starcruiser, you get bumped"

durangojim

For the folks who are hopeful that what Disney is showing us is not indicative of how great the experience will be has there ever been an example where the attraction/experience was significantly better than what was shown and advertised? I'm having a hard time thinking of one except maybe Flight of passage and Rise of the Resitance just because it's hard to show the scope of the ride on video.

Bocabear

In my experience Disney has been over-hyping and under-delivering for years...decades really.
Except when Expedition Everest debuted with all effects running , I felt like that did live up to the hype...
ROTR they have not shown too much, but is definitely a wonderful surprise... Most of the rest I felt they over-hyped and under-delivered...

flynnibus

Premium Member
Now imagine a hotel stay on Vader's Star Destroyer? Or Endor? Hoth Base? Iconic locations that are actually Star Wars.

your postulate doesn’t hold up at all. Every one of those things were new and ‘not old star wars’ at sometime too. This is still stuff being created by the minds behind star wars…. Even if it’s lame.

techgeek

For the folks who are hopeful that what Disney is showing us is not indicative of how great the experience will be has there ever been an example where the attraction/experience was significantly better than what was shown and advertised? I'm having a hard time thinking of one except maybe Flight of passage and Rise of the Resitance just because it's hard to show the scope of the ride on video.

In my experience, the thing Disney has surpassed my expectations on has usually been the smaller stuff that doesn't receive a lot of marketing hype in the first place. Things like the Liberty Square Muppets show, for a recent example. Like the best Disney magic, you wouldn't necessarily know it existed until you stumble across it. Make enough of those moments in a day and it adds up. Is it possible that Starcruiser will have enough small 'wow' moments to equal the unbelievably high expectations, cost, and hype? I suppose, and some of the best moments at Disney are ones created by individual cast members... but wow what a huge hill they've built for themselves to climb here.

The last big marketing push that I felt lived up to and surpassed the hype was the millennium celebration at EPCOT. I first experienced it in early December, and the park not far off its prime with the combined forces of Tapestry, a brand new and full strength RoE with PoE tag, a holiday experience at EPCOT at the top it it's game with Candlelight / Lights of Winter / full Holiday entertainment... It truly was non-stop and over-the-top.

Cesar R M

your postulate doesn’t hold up at all. Every one of those things were new and ‘not old star wars’ at sometime too. This is still stuff being created by the minds behind star wars…. Even if it’s lame.
Yeah, unless you're "introduced" as a recruit soon to be a soldier or officer in these locations.. it makes little sense to have an "hotel" inside these places.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom