Star Wars Episode IX: The Rise of Skywalker Reactions: SPOILERS

tk924

Lemme throw a little gas on this dumpster fire.

JediTempleArchives said:
Actor Juan Bautista, who played one of the Knights of Ren in The Rise of Skywalker, was a guest on the Popcorn Talk YouTube channel and he revealed that the version of the movie he saw one week (!) before the official release was somewhat different. The movie had an entirely different ending.

Click through for the story and video.

https://www.jeditemplearchives.com/2020-01-30-original-ending-for-the-rise-of-skywalker-revealed/

What. A. Disaster.

UPDATE: It appears Popcorn Time failed to perform a proper background check or otherwise failed to check if their guest was legit. The guest on their show was NOT a Knight on Ren in the movie. A “Juan Bautista” is nowhere to be found in the credits for The Rise of Skywalker.

Sorry for the misinformation here. My bad.

Last edited:

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Lemme throw a little gas on this dumpster fire.

Click through for the story and video.

https://www.jeditemplearchives.com/2020-01-30-original-ending-for-the-rise-of-skywalker-revealed/

What. A. Disaster.
I don’t know if I can buy this...but I can’t dismiss this either.

But at the same time: not a damn thing about the final cut really makes ANY sense. It’s honestly as bad as 8...it’s just viewed more fan friendly because it openly caters to them and 8 was arrogant and pooed on them.

There’s your “ratings” scores on both ends.

But the emperor, “Rey skywalker”, “Rey palpatine”...none of it makes any sense at all. Like it was from the same writer that did Jingle All The Way.

It ended up being a fools errand. The whole idea. And the characters drafted based on appearances more than interior content.

It’s funny how “woke” Hollywood manages to torpedo their goals by not telling good stories with their characters. It brings on even more scoffing and dismissal by mass audiences.

But right...somebody post one video of a kid in a Rey costume walking through Star Wars land...that’ll show me!!...

Financials be damned. Turmoil be ignored.

Last edited:

tk924

Yeah, I kinda agree but with all the leaks being spot on I gotta believe there are those on the inside who are in disbelief the same as myself.

It’s funny how “woke” Hollywood manages to torpedo their goals by not telling good stories with their characters. It brings on even more scoffing and dismissal by mass audiences.
Yep. 100%.

erasure fan1

It's like most things in star wars now. Where there's smoke, there's fire. While this may not be 100% on the nose, I think at this point we know for sure there was definitely meddling with the film on Disneys part.
But the emperor, “Rey skywalker”, “Rey palpatine”...none of it makes any sense at all. Like it was from the same writer that did Jingle All The Way.
Hey, ease up on jingle all the way. I worked in a toy store during the power ranger craze. And that movie was 100% spot on! 😛

RobWDW1971

53B6B60F-24EF-4E74-867B-40C4370DE3D0.jpeg

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
On second thought, I'd recommend Abilify. (Talk to your doctor first).

p.s. Have been here from the start as well, page #1 to be precise, and without thread policing the discussion. 😉
I hate to be blunt (no I don’t)...

But on Disney forums, we are going to see a lot of “discussion squelching” comments about Star Wars topics moving forward.

When the mouse fails...and with these recent movies they certainly have...Disney fans pick “denial” and “misdirection” as a natural defense tactic.

They are the cobra...the truth in this case shall be the mongoose.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member

I just saw the cast of birds of prey on tv...so indicative of Hollywood: the casting was done in a demographic focus group...

It only matters if the story and characters are good - not what they look like. The backlash will continue against studios that continue to try and steer its audiences somewhere away from the stories beneath the faces...

Like lucasfilm has tried

The Empress Lilly

I just saw the cast of birds of prey on tv...so indicative of Hollywood: the casting was done in a demographic focus group...

It only matters if the story and characters are good - not what they look like. The backlash will continue against studios that continue to try and steer its audiences somewhere away from the stories beneath the faces...

Like lucasfilm has tried
Go woke, go broke!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom