Star Wars Ep. 9 Thread

Joesixtoe

There are a lot of years between RotJ and TFA to be explored in the future about events a long time ago. Just sayin.
Yeah I'm looking forward to those, and hopefully in the Mandalorian. Because of this last movie however, these sagas seem to be based more on Palpatine and the Skywalkers are the supporting characters.

Darkprime

The 4k bluray set coming in march.

star-wars-skywalker-saga-blu-ray-box-set-1200496.jpeg

jt04

Yeah I'm looking forward to those, and hopefully in the Mandalorian. Because of this last movie however, these sagas seem to be based more on Palpatine and the Skywalkers are the supporting characters.

It won't take too much reimagining to right the ship. IMO.

Indy_UK

Just got home from seeing it.

I really really liked it. Much more than I enjoyed The Last Jedi... however not as much as The Force Awakens. I can’t put my finger on why though.

Last edited:

"El Gran Magnifico"

Bring Me A Shrubbery
Premium Member
There are a lot of years between RotJ and TFA to be explored in the future about events a long time ago. Just sayin.

There are. And that's the travesty of TLJ. So let's say they re-cast Luke (which will be a drama onto its own). Let's say they recast Luke and the actor is universally accepted and we see Luke in all of his Jedi glory picking up somewhere around 10 years after RotJ...and they run with it in a Disney+ series or similar. It's a hard pill to swallow knowing he ends up the way Johnson did him in the TLJ.

I'm assuming that all leaks are true. As this is what is pretty much being confirmed.
Killing off the lineage I think is a mistake. Ben should have lived. Killing off the possibilities of a child between Rey and Ben - in the event they wanted to re-visit the Skywalker story in 10-15 years would have kept options open. Sure Rey could have a kid with someone else and bestow upon him/her the Skywalker name. But she not a "real" Skywalker. More of an adopted one.
They could though make Mara a part of canon somewhere down the line. Then Luke's son from Legends (Ben) could be on the table (Although I think they chose a different name - and please don't let that be Jake)

CinematicFusion

There are. And that's the travesty of TLJ. So let's say they re-cast Luke (which will be a drama onto its own). Let's say they recast Luke and the actor is universally accepted and we see Luke in all of his Jedi glory picking up somewhere around 10 years after RotJ...and they run with it in a Disney+ series or similar. It's a hard pill to swallow knowing he ends up the way Johnson did him in the TLJ.

I'm assuming that all leaks are true. As this is what is pretty much being confirmed.
Killing off the lineage I think is a mistake. Ben should have lived. Killing off the possibilities of a child between Rey and Ben - in the event they wanted to re-visit the Skywalker story in 10-15 years would have kept options open. Sure Rey could have a kid with someone else and bestow upon him/her the Skywalker name. But she not a "real" Skywalker. More of an adopted one.
They could though make Mara a part of canon somewhere down the line. Then Luke's son from Legends (Ben) could be on the table (Although I think they chose a different name - and please don't let that be Jake)
Luke Skywalker is done. Disney will never touch the character again. He’s not even allowed in Galaxy’s edge
However he is shown...if he is shown in ROS... is the last you will ever see of him.
That is the way with Disney.
Disney has spoken

jt04

All they have to do is write in a scene early where Luke reluctantly accepts a path that he knows will possibly lead to the island in TLJ or similar. He selflessly accepts that and then they can have a few seasons of his adventures in the interim on Disney+. And maybe a movie or two.

jt04

Luke Skywalker is done. Disney will never touch the character again. He’s not even allowed in Galaxy’s edge
However he is shown...if he is shown in ROS... is the last you will ever see of him.
That is the way with Disney.
Disney has spoken

There is too much demand and money to be made on the character. The stockholders have spoken.

jt04

Which amazes me. And Disney wonders why the fan base is divided. SMH. But I don't necessarily disagree with you.

Luke is not in GE because if they bring the character back it obviously can't be with MH. So a force ghost of MH in GE would make recasting more problematic since he dies in TLJ. IMO.

Mike S

It went up from the low of 53% up to 58%. Now sits at 57%. I think it’s safe to say the critic score will remain “rotten.” I think audience will probably be a bit better but by how much? 65%?

Mike S

Let me guess: JJ Abrams made a safe film that gave audiences what they thought they wanted.
We’re already way past that point. There’s no way we can ever get what we want now because Luke Skywalker can’t be brought back. In their desperation they brought back the Emperor and thought that would be enough. I’m hearing it’s a RotJ remake too lol.

zakattack99

In the Parks
No
Theater full here in PA. Very suprised considering that they still had tickets avaliable last night. They started seating an hour before I got here... now I'm 4 rows from the screen.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom