Star Wars Ep. 9 Thread

Mike S

My only hope is that 9 has almost no connection to 8 at all. Kinda like 8 had almost no connection to 7.
What an amazing way to make a new trilogy that ends one of the greatest film sagas in history /s.

I wish I had a device for multiverse travel so I can go to a universe where the sequel trilogy was crafted by people who care about telling a great story from beginning to end with great characters both old and new. Imagine what the Russo brothers could’ve done...

The reason I say alternate universe is because I’d still want Infinity War and Endgame as they are/will be, lol.
Obligatory I've got a bad feeling about this.
I’ve had a bad feeling since December 2017.

erasure fan1

I wish I had a device for multiverse travel so I can go to a universe where the sequel trilogy was crafted by people who care about telling a great story from beginning to end with great characters both old and new. Imagine
That is why I thought the old republic is where they should have started. In that time period, they could have done whatever they wanted and not been tied to what came before it. I'm actually anticipating ep9 more than endgame. I can't wait to see how they finish this up. I know endgame will be good, but I have no idea about ep9. Will JJ redeem the trilogy or will it fall flat? Either way I'm just looking forward to Kennedy leaving.

Mike S

That is why I thought the old republic is where they should have started. In that time period, they could have done whatever they wanted and not been tied to what came before it. I'm actually anticipating ep9 more than endgame. I can't wait to see how they finish this up. I know endgame will be good, but I have no idea about ep9. Will JJ redeem the trilogy or will it fall flat? Either way I'm just looking forward to Kennedy leaving.
For viewing I’m more looking forward to The Mandalorian concerning Star Wars.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member

Who ever at the dwarf building or the presidio penned this press release disguised as an article...they took great lengths to put down covering fire on all the “issues” currently in the air

Mike S

Wendy Pleakley

This trainwreck supposedly has a trailer due out this weekend. Sorry JJ, not going to fall for the hype this time after you tricked us with incredible trailer for TFA, and your buddy RJ giving us a great trailer for what turned out being what destroyed the entire franchise. Face it, Star Wars is dead. The theme park lands will be nice but the movies buried themselves in 2017.

R.I.P. Star Wars.

Not be confused with the other times the franchise died, like when The Phantom Menace was the worst movie ever, or when Return of the Jedi was awful and just a commercial for teddy bears, etc.

At what point will people get over their dislike of a movie and stop obsessing over it? Or is that a rhetorical question...

Mike S

R.I.P. Star Wars.

Not be confused with the other times the franchise died, like when The Phantom Menace was the worst movie ever, or when Return of the Jedi was awful and just a commercial for teddy bears, etc.

At what point will people get over their dislike of a movie and stop obsessing over it? Or is that a rhetorical question...
I’ll never get the hate for RotJ just over the Ewoks. The scenes with Luke, Vader, and Palpatine more than made up for it.

Also this time it’s worse because for the first time ever Star Wars is losing money. Solo bombed and product sales are way down coming directly from Disney.

Edit: wow that autocorrect on Palpatine 🤣

Last edited:

Wendy Pleakley

I’ll never get the hate for RotJ just over the Ewoks. The scenes with Luke, Vader, and Palestine more than made up for it.

Also this time it’s worse because for the first time ever Star Wars is losing money. Solo bombed and product sales are way down coming directly from Disney.

I'm fairly neutral on Ewoks. Return of the Jedi was a bad movie for many many other reasons. The Luke/Vader/Palpatine finale may have been it's only redeeming segment.

I just think it's absurd to declare the franchise "dead" because one didn't like the latest installment.

Episode 9 will likely be a crowd pleasing hit the way The Force Awakens was.

LSLS

Episode 9 will likely be a crowd pleasing hit the way The Force Awakens was.

I would guess that, but with how Solo bombed after LoJ, it's much more of a question mark to me than I thought it would be. The question is was that bomb due to LoJ, and if it was, is 2 years enough for people to get over it.

Mike S

I would guess that, but with how Solo bombed after LoJ, it's much more of a question mark to me than I thought it would be. The question is was that bomb due to LoJ, and if it was, is 2 years enough for people to get over it.
There’s a clear answer here. Compare the prehype from 7 to 9. It’s way less. The big hype this year is Endgame. The trailer for 9 could finally be coming this weekend and it has nowhere near the hype a movie that’s “the end of the Skywalker Saga” should have.

LSLS

There’s a clear answer here. Compare the prehype from 7 to 9. It’s way less. The big hype this year is Endgame. The trailer for 9 could finally be coming this weekend and it has nowhere near the hype a movie that’s “the end of the Skywalker Saga” should have.

Kind of. We will see what happens in say June once End Game hype has died some (after all, there is a legit chance that will break every single box office record, not like they are ignoring Episode 9 for Ant Man here). We also may need to clarify what a hit is. To me, a hit in my mind for this Episode would be beating Last Jedi. If it's under that, I'd say Kennedy really did damage to Star Wars.

RandySavage

It occurred to me that if these 9 films are to be viewed as one Saga of the Skywalker family over 3 generations in the Star Wars universe, it would have made most sense to resurrect Emperor Palpatine (I originally thought Snoke was going to be his burned up form) as the villain (either open or lurking in secrecy) across these last 3 films. His final defeat as the Great Adversary over 9 movies (as he was for the first six) would have felt much more satisfying and given a connective tissue and purpose to it all. It would have given the First Order (and this new trilogy) a reason for being and allowed for a final resolution to help alleviate my biggest issue with these new movies: they make the triumphant ending of the Original Trilogy tragic & pointless.

Mike S

Kind of. We will see what happens in say June once End Game hype has died some (after all, there is a legit chance that will break every single box office record, not like they are ignoring Episode 9 for Ant Man here). We also may need to clarify what a hit is. To me, a hit in my mind for this Episode would be beating Last Jedi. If it's under that, I'd say Kennedy really did damage to Star Wars.
My point with comparing to Endgame is simple. People could hardly wait for the first trailer to drop. They’ve been hyped about what could happen since walking out of Infinity War. Star Wars? No where near the same. The trailer could be dropping this weekend and I don’t see huge excitement for it.

LSLS

My point with comparing to Endgame is simple. People could hardly wait for the first trailer to drop. They’ve been hyped about what could happen since walking out of Infinity War. Star Wars? No where near the same. The trailer could be dropping this weekend and I don’t see huge excitement for it.

Ah, gottcha. I'm with you then. Irony being I had not seen a Marvel movie before the Infinity Wars trailer (which made me want to go watch them), and I was a Star Wars fan that liked Force Awakens (not a huge know everything fan, just enjoyed the films). I'm all in on End Game, and don't really care about Star Wars at all with how it's been going. End Game is the first time I have ever preordered a ticket for a movie (aside from you know, order online for later that day or the next day) or gone on opening (or is it called pre-opening?) night, and I can promise you I won't be doing that for Star Wars. I'll see it (most likely in the theaters), but unless they hire the Marvel trailer designers for this and REALLY nail it, I don't see me getting overly excited.

LieutLaww

Hello There
Premium Member
In the Parks
No
We should at least get out first Teaser trailer tom after the Episode IX Panel at Celebration which starts at 11am, I also think part of the reason we haven't really seen much hype for IX is that we have heard practically nothing about it, the last 2 movies we had already had at least a couple of teasers and the first of the trailers by now.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
For the record, the leaked poster is real. It's just not the official film poster. It's like one of those posters you'd get at somewhere like Walmart; just a merchandise thing.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member

There is no excuse for a Star Wars bombing...ever.

Not until at least everyone born before 1980 is dead.

Another thing we didn’t analyze and allowed Disney to “splain” away was this.

So they can roll 3-4 marvel movies a year for a decade and make more each time...but 2 Star Wars movies in 6 months and 3 in 15 is “too much”?

That dog don’t hunt.

The last Johnson was so awful...coming after a punt remake...that people dismissed Star Wars and didn’t see solo. Period.

If rogue one didn’t have the charm it does (watch it now...it’s the only one you don’t daydream during)...then 8 woulda ran outta steam more quickly that the ridiculous pace it did...

But hey...let’s look at some box office charts and angry tweets from rian Johnson, shall we?

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom