Star Wars Ep. 9 Thread

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Nuance man may forget that Disney is making a conscious decision. These are not the fans you are looking for. There is bound to be a virtual rain of hate waiting for the conclusion of the Skywalker storyline which is exclusive of ill feelings generated by The Last Jedi.

Every character of their childhood in the Star Wars mythos will be gone. They cant in other Disney character terms simply "Let it go"

I think I completely agree
With you...

...or maybe totally not

?????

ppete1975

That doesn’t mean they are waiting to watch star war on abc...

I mean...that’s like 1985-95 thought. People are cord cutting for streaming and web platforms.
They can find a 4 year old Star Wars movie.

There are no “event” broadcasts of movies. It’s not game of thrones
youre missing half the point. Disney owns ABC, why do you think they've done trailers during good morning America, and Monday night football. To drive people to watch those shows, just to see the trailer. We both know that the trailer will be online seconds after its shown, but people still tune in, just to watch the trailer. Look at how many people watch the super bowl but ignore the game.
I also think there is a chance for the trailer to be before captain marvel, to make captain marvel even more of a success (another tactic they have used in the past). Why give the first trailer or teaser at an event that is already going to be packed and booked. No one is going to go to celebrations just to see the trailer.
Oddly though Disney will probably wait, and not monetize on the situation.. which is ironic with the way they handle everything else.
I guess they cant make it into a dessert party event. LOL

erasure fan1

Why give the first trailer or teaser at an event that is already going to be packed and booked. No one is going to go to celebrations just to see the trailer.
I agree. The teaser trailer should have been out by now. Heck, I would have put it in front of Poppins. It wouldn't have had to be the full trailer, just some epic cool stuff. You then shift the focus from "last jedi killed my grandma!" To looking forward to the new movie. Then you could have done a longer more traditional trailer for celebration.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
youre missing half the point. Disney owns ABC, why do you think they've done trailers during good morning America, and Monday night football. To drive people to watch those shows, just to see the trailer. We both know that the trailer will be online seconds after its shown, but people still tune in, just to watch the trailer. Look at how many people watch the super bowl but ignore the game.
I also think there is a chance for the trailer to be before captain marvel, to make captain marvel even more of a success (another tactic they have used in the past). Why give the first trailer or teaser at an event that is already going to be packed and booked. No one is going to go to celebrations just to see the trailer.
Oddly though Disney will probably wait, and not monetize on the situation.. which is ironic with the way they handle everything else.
I guess they cant make it into a dessert party event. LOL

What advantage do they have to driving people toward an old movie on network?

Unless it can be converted into advertising dollars, it really does nothing for them.

I get what you’re saying - the traditional showcasing of network shows...i bet it’s far more Diminishing results these days.

Maybe you’re right and they show a trailer on the Sunday night movie...highly doubt it. It will probably be at KennedyCon in April

jt04

....AAAnd rumor has it Mr Johnson and Lucasfilm have decided to amicably part ways. It will always be a mystery to me how a director with such a short resume was chosen for such a gig in the first place. Best of luck to him, but when you blame the fans, especially Star Wars fans, something is amiss.

Moving on.

Last edited:

jt04

I agree. The teaser trailer should have been out by now. Heck, I would have put it in front of Poppins. It wouldn't have had to be the full trailer, just some epic cool stuff. You then shift the focus from "last jedi killed my grandma!" To looking forward to the new movie. Then you could have done a longer more traditional trailer for celebration.

They might drop the teaser without notice as they did with Frozen 2. They know full well there are critics ready to pounce no matter if it is averege, good or great. I think a surprise drop might be best.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
....AAAnd rumor has it Mr Johnson and Lucasfilm have decided to amicably part ways. It will always be a mystery to me how a director with such a short resume was chosen for such a gig in the first place. Best of luck to him, but when you blame the fans, especially Star Wars fans, something is amiss.

Moving on.

Ohhh...do tell? Source for this?

ppete1975

What advantage do they have to driving people toward an old movie on network?

Unless it can be converted into advertising dollars, it really does nothing for them.

I get what you’re saying - the traditional showcasing of network shows...i bet it’s far more Diminishing results these days.

Maybe you’re right and they show a trailer on the Sunday night movie...highly doubt it. It will probably be at KennedyCon in April
They still do it for marvel and star wars with MNF and Good morning America. They show sneak peaks of coming attractions during their other Disney specials (galaxy edge and toy story land). The only point I made was it was a good idea and is something Disney is known for doing. But it wont happen because they would have announced it. It makes no sense for the trailer to just appear.
It is more... WATCH XXXXX FOR THE FIRST PEEK OF XXXXXXX. You build it the entire week, it hits the reddit and MB's and people tune in just to watch the trailer. That's disneys strategy they have always used, to push people to watch shows on their network and even before just their tv shows.

ppete1975

I thought the same thing about Poppins, if nothing else if people know there is a trailer people will go see the movie (yes the culture we live in), and could have helped it at the theaters.
Personally if I was making the trailer... you wouldn't see anything.
You would do something like have ominous music with a black background have Luke say something like......
I am not gone..... I am stronger than ever....... John Williams star wars theme BLASTS
and title reveal.

Same thing if they ever do a vader movie....
Just him breathing... then the title for the movie...

Simpler isn't always bad.

Btw that frozen trailer!!!!!... might be the best Disney trailer in a long time..

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I think Johnson. Is just hoping people forget and he quietly disappears without the embarrassment

I’ll sign for that now as long as he “disappears”

I don’t think there’s any chance he’s still in tbe picture...they just don’t want bad PR. I wouldn’t be shocked to see Kennedy “retire” either in a year or two.

Then we can collect all the last Johnson dvds and bury them in the desert like Atari did with the ET
cartridges

erasure fan1

I don’t think there’s any chance he’s still in the picture...they just don’t want bad PR. I wouldn’t be shocked to see Kennedy “retire” either
Yea his trilogy isn't going to happen. I don't think Disney will say it isn't going to happen. Because publicly canceling this and parting ways with Rian would feed into the Last jedi haters and validate Disney screwed up. They will put this project on the back burner with the intent of doing nothing for years until the world just forgets about it. And by the time it's public knowledge that it's done, no one will care anymore. And I also wouldn't be surprised if Kennedy is done when her 3yr extention is done.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Yea his trilogy isn't going to happen. I don't think Disney will say it isn't going to happen. Because publicly canceling this and parting ways with Rian would feed into the Last jedi haters and validate Disney screwed up. They will put this project on the back burner with the intent of doing nothing for years until the world just forgets about it. And by the time it's public knowledge that it's done, no one will care anymore. And I also wouldn't be surprised if Kennedy is done when her 3yr extention is done.

I think it depends on if they can salvage anything with 9....
If they make a decent movie...they just can the Johnson thing in a year or so. If not, then it just goes away like dust in the wind.

I wish I could transport back to say 1995...I liked what it was like back when there were 3...and what they did was amazing.

The road has been full of landmines since

WhatJaneSays

Episode IX has officially wrapped! (I mean there will probably still be some pickups and re-shoots.)

champdisney

Reshoots are scheduled to take place in April according to Mike Zeroh. Maybe not the most credible source, but we shall see. He also claims Lucasfilm is in talks with Hayden Christiansen to reprise the role of AS/DV.

This movie appears to be a direct sequel to TFA rather than TLJ... LOL!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom