Star Wars Ep. 9 Thread

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Reshoots are scheduled to take place in April according to Mike Zeroh. Maybe not the most credible source, but we shall see. He also claims Lucasfilm is in talks with Hayden Christiansen to reprise the role of AS/DV.

This movie appears to be a direct sequel to TFA rather than TLJ... LOL!

Sounds a lot like this...

Tick Tock

I can see this whole time travel theory being accurate, especially after reading the final few lines of the leaked Ep. 9 script:
[Rey and Finn join hands while looking across the horizon toward the setting suns. Suddenly, Luke Skywalker returns from the dead]
Luke: Finn! You've gotta come back with me!
Finn: Where?
Luke: Back to the future.
[Luke opens the top of R2-D2, and grabs a banana peel and other debris from within]
Finn: Whoa, wait a minute, what are you doing, Luke?
Luke: I need fuel. Quick. Go ahead, quick. Get in the Millennium Falcon!
Finn: No, no, no, no, no, no, Luke. I just got here, Rey just got here, we're gonna take the new x-wing for a spin.
Luke: Well, bring her along. This concerns her too.
Finn: Whoa, wait a minute, Luke. What are you talking about? What happens to us in the future? What, do we become Sith or something?
Luke: No, no, no, no, no, Finn. Both you and Rey turn out fine. It's your kids, Finn. Something's gotta be done about your kids!
Finn: Hey, Luke, you better back up, we don't have enough airspace to get up to light speed.
Luke: Airspace? Where we're going, we don't need... airspace.

[End credits roll]

erasure fan1

I can see this whole time travel theory being accurate, especially after reading the final few lines of the leaked Ep. 9 script
Well It was revealed that they would be game of thrones-ing ep9 by leaking fake stuff. So I'm not believing anything at this point. Of course I pretty much stay away from anything outside of trailers anyway.

champdisney

...so time travel?

Is that what happens when you’ve spent 6 years writing and shooting empty stories?

Maybe starkiller version 2.0???
Only characters that have been able to ‘time travel’ is Ezra and Ahsoka. Rebels ends with them staying in the World Between Worlds, could be them entering the time of the current trilogy. I don’t think characters like Rey, Finn, Poe and Kylo are going to be going there. If anything, it’s Ahsoka and Ezra finally getting out and joining the fight against the First Order.

All wishful speculation on my part, since it’s been said that JJ will be connecting not just the Originals and Prequels to Episode 9, but also all sorts of canon (and Legends) material into this film. We shall see.

Tick Tock

Apparently this leaked promo poster is legit (?) Not the official movie poster, but promo only.

Take worth a grain of salt until we get an official reveal from The Mouse himself.

Edit: It turns out this is nothing more than fan-fiction art, and NOT from the upcoming movie. See comment below from @tk924

Last edited:

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Apparently this leaked promo poster is legit (?) Not the official movie poster, but promo only.

Take worth a grain of salt until we get an official reveal from The Mouse himself.

So if that’s legit...what does it tell us?

Unfortunately nothing good. It looks like “force awakens 2.0”...which was always the downside of bringing JJ Moneybags back.

Tick Tock

So if that’s legit...what does it tell us?

Unfortunately nothing good.
Fortunately for me, and I'm sure others as well, it's quite intriguing.

I like the look of the new characters, a certain group of knights, Troopers of a different color, and a classic character holding a weapon, who's also the last character I'd ever imagine holding a weapon or engaging in battle of any kind.

So yes, a lot of good I see in this poster, and a lot of questions / mystery it brings to the table.

tk924

That poster doesn't look legit. The image is grainy and there is no movie title.
Then there's this..

An image surfaced on Reddit earlier this week pertaining to be a poster for the upcoming movie. Although it did not feature a full title for the blockbuster, it was said by the likes of popular fansite Making Star Wars to be an early concept design or rough draft of a publicity image. It showed Kylo Ren back in his recognisable helmet, Rey with a blue lightsaber, and the new characters rumoured to be played by Keri Russell and Naomi Ackie. However Hamill, taking to Twitter, has said the image is nothing more than intricate fan-made art.

He also appeared to laugh off the notion of iconic droid C-3PO wielding a deadly weapon.
A fan wrote: “Hey @HamillHimself, can you tell us if this poster is official?
He replied: “I'm pretty sure that's just the (wonderful) work of a passionate fan.”
When someone else responded, “Did 3PO with a bowcaster give it away?”; Hamill came back: “Thanks for pointing that out- I missed it at first!” alongside a laughing emoji.

My only hope is that 9 has almost no connection to 8 at all. Kinda like 8 had almost no connection to 7.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Fortunately for me, and I'm sure others as well, it's quite intriguing.

I like the look of the new characters, a certain group of knights, Troopers of a different color, and a classic character holding a weapon, who's also the last character I'd ever imagine holding a weapon or engaging in battle of any kind.

So yes, a lot of good I see in this poster, and a lot of questions / mystery it brings to the table.

Well...now they I look it closer - it definitely seems like an internet hack job. I didn’t even notice 3PO...lol...that would be even more nonsense slapstick than they already have done with the recent nonsense - like “call waiting”

But...just to let imagination run - what would hypothetically the dark classic era black backdrop top center be?

This fan Art seems to be crossing 7 and 6...trying to indicate an attempt to make lemonade out of lemons.

Since Star Wars has basically gone dark for 15 months now...and I haven’t thought about it much...
I’m thinking the best approach for “9” would have been to clear it out and do a separate one off story about anything - just ignore the past - instead of still trying to sell the characters (they’re dull...hard to deny that now) and have mark hamill play Gandolf

🤯🤯🤯

At least it will be over soon

Tick Tock

That poster doesn't look legit. The image is grainy and there is no movie title.
Then there's this..

My only hope is that 9 has almost no connection to 8 at all. Kinda like 8 had almost no connection to 7.
Grr.. why do people do this? :mad:.

Or at least why do people try to pass it off as "real" instead of simply saying this is fan - tribute artwork?
This one had me fooled.

I didn’t even notice 3PO...lol...that would be even more nonsense slapstick than they already have done with the recent nonsense - like “call waiting"
The title thing seemed believable, as Disney would most likely use a generic SW logo and nothing more if they were releasing a promo poster before the actual title reveal. C3PO using a weapon is on par with rumors that he'll be a "stronger" character in Ep. 9, so that detail too didn't come across as far-fetched.

Still though, paint a big "Sucker" across my forehead. :banghead:

Last edited:

WhatJaneSays

I'm not weighting in on if the poster is real or fan art, but there's really no way that Mark would know if it was or not? Actors are mostly going to go by whatever their agent or company contact person tells them.

Tick Tock

Nerdist did a video on that poster. Said video is now poofed. :)
I'm not weighting in on if the poster is real or fan art, but there's really no way that Mark would know if it was or not? Actors are mostly going to go by whatever their agent or company contact person tells them.
One thing's certain, given the media storm, confusion, deleted articles / videos surrounding this image, and all the hype involved... whomever created this poster wins 2019's April Fool's Prank Of The Year award... and it's not even April yet. :hilarious:

While I agree with @WhatJaneSays in that Mark wouldn't know 100%, I'm still leaning he's correct on this being a hoax. A beautifully-made hoax. But a hoax nonetheless.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom