Star Wars Ep. 9 Thread

tk924

Some of these people look like they really do not want to be there.

Star-Wars-Galaxys-Edge-Disneyland-Ceremony-George-Lucas.jpg

I know why Williams and Hamill are there. They're contractually obligated. Again, Ford's probably getting paid big time and Lucas? Well, maybe Disney paid him too. Sure looks seller's regret on his face.
It will be interesting to see what they do for the GE opening ceremony in WDW. The same legacy cast? The new cast? Anything, or nothing at all?

Gomer

Some of these people look like they really do not want to be there.

Star-Wars-Galaxys-Edge-Disneyland-Ceremony-George-Lucas.jpg

I know why Williams and Hamill are there. They're contractually obligated. Again, Ford's probably getting paid big time and Lucas? Well, maybe Disney paid him too. Sure looks seller's regret on his face.
It will be interesting to see what they do for the GE opening ceremony in WDW. The same legacy cast? The new cast? Anything, or nothing at all?
Second opening ceremony? We'll be lucky if we get the third tier convention team of Warwick Davis/Daniel Logan combo for a 30 second ribbon cutting. More likely cast members in Chewie and Stormtrooper costumes.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
If you’re one of those that thinks Disney has any clue what it’s doing with Star Wars...this interview with big shot Bobby isn’t gonna reinforce that belief:

And if you're not running off of belief but by looking at what's being done and the public face that Iger consistently gives, you realize he's running a entertainment business that's doing pretty well despite how one is infinitely peeved that he's not doing it in the way one's own self would.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
And if you're not running off of belief but by looking at what's being done and the public face that Iger consistently gives, you realize he's running a entertainment business that's doing pretty well despite how one is infinitely peeved that he's not doing it in the way one's own self would.

True...I’m not throwing shade on him from a Wall Street perspective...but his grasp of Star Wars continues to be shaky and it shows

Wendy Pleakley

Man, people really go out of their way to be negative.

If you read Harrison Ford's comments on the matter, he wanted Solo to die because he thought it would bring some gravitas to the story.

People feel this incessant need to claim that he hates Star Wars and hates Han Solo.

Newsflash, no one forced him to appear in the Force Awakens. No one forced him to appear at Galaxy's Edge.

If he shows up at the Star Wars theme park, it's because he hates Star Wars! If he hadn't been there, it would have been spun the same way. He doesn't look sufficiently happy in the photos! He's just there for the money!

Everything Star Wars is bad. Bad bad bad! No one likes it anymore, and if anyone does, (but they don't), they're wrong!

None of the new actors are there, let's be upset even though we hate them! If the old actors are there, it's bad! If they're not, that would be proof Star Wars lost it's way! Everything is bad!

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member

If you read Harrison Ford's comments on the matter, he wanted Solo to die because he thought it would bring some gravitas to the story.

People feel this incessant need to claim that he hates Star Wars and hates Han Solo.

Newsflash, no one forced him to appear in the Force Awakens. No one forced him to appear at Galaxy's Edge.

If he shows up at the Star Wars theme park, it's because he hates Star Wars! If he hadn't been there, it would have been spun the same way. He doesn't look sufficiently happy in the photos! He's just there for the money!

Everything Star Wars is bad. Bad bad bad! No one likes it anymore, and if anyone does, (but they don't), they're wrong!

None of the new actors are there, let's be upset even though we hate them! If the old actors are there, it's bad! If they're not, that would be proof Star Wars lost it's way! Everything is bad!
Harrison ford complained since the filming of empire and Jedi about the contract he signed...which is what happens when you’re an unknown on a flyer movie.

He got $25,000,000 plus an unknown residual for the abrams awakens...

To fly more - one would think.

So after 30 years of flaming his character and Star Wars with sarcasm and eye rolls...we can’t put 2 + 2 together?

It’s easy to think “better” of people if you don’t pay attention to what they say and do.

I give you/him this: since he’s no longer a frontline star...maybe in his old age he’s ok with doing this stuff now? And that’s cool. He will be 77 years old in a month

Mike S

I don’t think anyone is upset the new actors aren’t there. It’s just interesting that they’re not even though Disney pushes that the ST is all about them and not the old heroes, yet the old heroes are the ones present at the grand opening party for a land based in the ST. Not to mention two of them are already dead in the upcoming movie.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I don’t think anyone is upset the new actors aren’t there. It’s just interesting that they’re not even though Disney pushes that the ST is all about them and not the old heroes, yet the old heroes are the ones present at the grand opening party for a land based in the ST. Not to mention two of them are already dead in the upcoming movie.

Nobody from lucasfilm...that speaks volumes

Wendy Pleakley

Where May 11th? The other grand opening?

And she says NOTHING and hasn’t for a year...

Just to recap, George Lucas attending the premiere means he has sellers remorse. I guess he showed up to silently express his displeasure. Or something. Also, they paid him to be there. He hates Disney, but he’s broke so he showed up. I guess he spent his $4.5 billion on Pogs and can’t pay his June rent, so money was an incentive.

Kathleen Kennedy not being there is because she’s in trouble. Not because she’s not as recognizable as Mark Hamill or Harrison Ford (also apparently there in silent protest). Or something.

Whatever happens. Whoever shows up. Whoever doesn’t show up. It all means that the Star Wars franchise is on its last legs.

Last edited:

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Just to recap, George Lucas attending the premiere means he has sellers remorse. I guess he showed up to silently express his displeasure. Or something. Also, they paid him to be there. He hates Disney, but he’s broke so he showed up. I guess he spent his $4.5 billion on Pogs and can’t pay his June rent, so money was an incentive.

Kathleen Kennedy not being there is because she’s in trouble. Not because she’s not as recognizable as Mark Hamill or Harrison Ford (also apparently there in silent protest). Or something.

Whatever happens. Whoever shows up. Whoever doesn’t show up. It all means that the Star Wars franchise is on its last legs.

Believe what you want to believe...but believing things are “normal” at LFL is a stretch

drod1985

Please reference her exposure...take your time...it’s going to be very difficult to find.

She was present and active during some of the biggest panels at Star Wars Celebration just over a month ago. Just a few weeks ago Vanity Fair publishes interviews with her. She wasn’t on stage during the ceremony, but she was at the GE dedication ceremony.

Even if you feel LFL has mishandled the franchise - the woman knows how to run a studio from the business side. Clearer and better direction on the creative side is what they’re in need of, and they can fix that without firing Kennedy (which they’re not going to do).

Cosmic Commando

Please reference her exposure...take your time...it’s going to be very difficult to find.

Iger was very kind to her the other day...he was nearly effusive in his praise.
She was quoted in the Vanity Fair article a week ago.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
She was present and active during some of the biggest panels at Star Wars Celebration just over a month ago. Just a few weeks ago Vanity Fair publishes interviews with her. She wasn’t on stage during the ceremony, but she was at the GE dedication ceremony.

Even if you feel LFL has mishandled the franchise - the woman knows how to run a studio from the business side. Clearer and better direction on the creative side is what they’re in need of, and they can fix that without firing Kennedy (which they’re not going to do).
Ummm...a comic con?? Are you serious?
She was quoted in the Vanity Fair article a week ago.

Is that the one that gma ran the Disney promo piece on last week and Abrams “spoke for the franchise”. She wasn’t to be seen.

Again...just do a simple search and there is barely a whisper for a year and change...I wonder what happened?

And compare that to 2015-2017. Again - it is what it is. No need to speak conspiracy theories when the truth will suffice.

If you want to think she wasn’t in major trouble and is being stashed for damage control...that is certainly a valid opinion. I don’t share it.

Cosmic Commando

Ummm...a comic con?? Are you serious?

Is that the one that gma ran the Disney promo piece on last week and Abrams “spoke for the franchise”. She wasn’t to be seen.

Again...just do a simple search and there is barely a whisper for a year and change...I wonder what happened?

And compare that to 2015-2017. Again - it is what it is. No need to speak conspiracy theories when the truth will suffice.

If you want to think she wasn’t in major trouble and is being stashed for damage control...that is certainly a valid opinion. I don’t share it.
Compared to 2015-2017, when there were three Star Wars movies released in two years? And you're saying the Lucasfilm president has less media exposure in the past year in which no Star Wars movies were released?! Egads!

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Compared to 2015-2017, when there were three Star Wars movies released in two years? And you're saying the Lucasfilm president has less media exposure in the past year in which no Star Wars movies were released?! Egads!

After an incredibly divisive movie (fact) and an unconscionable Star Wars flop? ...one that ties into a ride they just happened to open today?

...I’m sorry...what were we talking about again? This thing makes you dizzy.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom