Star Trek: Picard (Spoilers)

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
For both of these, they could have still be good when they were made. They never actually put in the effort to try and make something good. Just tried to make something.
Oh it was a pitiful effort…
But I think definitely more age with Stewart. Turned 82 yesterday

As far as the Star Wars movies go - if you just look up any YouTube clips with ford, fisher, hamill from around 1997 (that year ring a bell?)…that was the time.

Mistakes are always made…but to think time is unlimited is just really a silly and oft repeated gaffe in Hollywood.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I'm in for Daniel Davis and how utterly gorgeous Gates McFadden looks. :)

* "in" meaning whenever there's a 99-cent promotion for a month so I can binge it. :D
I have and will love gates, nana visitor and terry Farrell forever.

And not just because Rick berman was a perv that insisted on unnecessarily skintight clothing

Beautifully written and acted characters. Did alot for the genre just as Carrie fisher did before them.

Last edited:

StarWarsGirl

Original Poster
I'm excited for a proper sendoff for some of these character. Nemesis was terrible and didn't do them justice. It's nice to see that Georgi became a father; that's what I would have wanted for his character (fan service here!) And then we get good old Worf back.

StarWarsGirl

Original Poster

And not just because Rick berman was a perv that insisted on unnecessarily skintight clothing

Beautifully written and acted characters. Did alot did the genre just as Carrie fisher did before them.
For me, as a woman who grew up on Trek, it wasn't any of them who made me fall in love with Trek. Nothing to do with Nana Vistor or Terry Farrell (Jadzia is still one of my favorite Trek characters). My mom was the one who got me into Star Trek, and she never watched DS9, so I watched it much later as a teenager.

I started watching TNG as a kid because my mom had it on, and while some of the episodes had my attention, it never really grabbed me. It wasn't until they started showing Voyager reruns and Seven of Nine came on that I was hooked. I've since come to understand that she was eye candy for men, but for me, she was this complicated female character who was smart and beautiful. She spends the series trying to figure out who she is, and it just grabbed me. And then of course, Captain Janeway and B'Elanna kept me watching because let's face it, both of them were pretty damn cool too. But Seven of Nine was the whole reason I started watching. I'm not sure I would have been as into the science fiction genre had it not been for Seven of Nine (I didn't watch Star Wars until I was a teenager, meanwhile I'd seen TNG and Voyager several times through, along with DS9).

Thanks Jeri Ryan.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
For me, as a woman who grew up on Trek, it wasn't any of them who made me fall in love with Trek. Nothing to do with Nana Vistor or Terry Farrell (Jadzia is still one of my favorite Trek characters). My mom was the one who got me into Star Trek, and she never watched DS9, so I watched it much later as a teenager.

I started watching TNG as a kid because my mom had it on, and while some of the episodes had my attention, it never really grabbed me. It wasn't until they started showing Voyager reruns and Seven of Nine came on that I was hooked. I've since come to understand that she was eye candy for men, but for me, she was this complicated female character who was smart and beautiful. She spends the series trying to figure out who she is, and it just grabbed me. And then of course, Captain Janeway and B'Elanna kept me watching because let's face it, both of them were pretty damn cool too. But Seven of Nine was the whole reason I started watching. I'm not sure I would have been as into the science fiction genre had it not been for Seven of Nine (I didn't watch Star Wars until I was a teenager, meanwhile I'd seen TNG and Voyager several times through, along with DS9).

Thanks Jeri Ryan.
Voyager is what kinda turned me off…for awhile.

It was a well done show, but I’ve always thought they kinda lost what made Star Trek good. It was a lot of the baddies that made it resonate. They threw the borg in there just for that reason…but to me, you need the familiarity of the traditional aliens and bad guys.

Gul dukat on DS9 was one of the most developed characters ever…as was garak.

Star Trek…long before it’s “sister”…turned away from going with what worked. Seems to be a lack of common sense in Hollywood.

But opinions vary. I’m glad they are pulling the plug on Picard. It just doesn’t work for me at all really. There’s “nostalgia” and then there’s a time window you have to put it in. Disney messed that up by not realizing the window closed with Star Wars…I think the same happened with Picard.

G00fyDad

I like the show. Of course I don't sit around waiting for some television show winning award after award for being a cinematic masterpeice that will live through the ages. It is Star Trek, not a documentary. It's not like they are all sitting on the bridge of a cardboard Enterprise making fart jokes. Turn the analytical part of your brain off for a while and just enjoy the show. Too many people getting upset over TV shows as if their personal reputation has been staked to them.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I like the show. Of course I don't sit around waiting for some television show winning award after award for being a cinematic masterpeice that will live through the ages. It is Star Trek, not a documentary. It's not like they are all sitting on the bridge of a cardboard Enterprise making fart jokes. Turn the analytical part of your brain off for a while and just enjoy the show. Too many people getting upset over TV shows as if their personal reputation has been staked to them.
Not upset about it. Just not good.

The problem with what these studies are cranking out is it’s just not good. Poorly written stories and no character development for the most part.

The most overrated thing in Hollywood is the “sleek look”.

That’s nonsense like fast and the furious. Just my opinion

StarWarsGirl

Original Poster
Voyager is what kinda turned me off…for awhile.

It was a well done show, but I’ve always thought they kinda lost what made Star Trek good. It was a lot of the baddies that made it resonate. They threw the borg in there just for that reason…but to me, you need the familiarity of the traditional aliens and bad guys.
Well, it did track, because they established in TNG that the Borg were in the Delta quadrant the first time they met the Borg when Q threw the Enterprise into the Delta quadrant, and that was where Voyager was thrown, so it would have been a major plot error to not have the Borg. They did have Seska, who was a pretty good villain. Given the premise of them attempting to get home, it was pretty hard for them to have recurring villains, not like DS9; since they stayed put, they could have a slew of recurring villains.

I do like Voyager overall for the characters. Voyager gave us the gift that is the Doctor. Tom and B'Elanna are the best Star Trek couple. We've already talked about Seven. And then of course there's Captain Janeway. Growing up, I wanted to be Captain Janeway, and I aspire to her level of sass.

DS9 my only major issue with it is I don't like Sisko nearly as well as Picard, Janeway, Kirk, and Pike. I give him credit because he likes baseball, but after Picard, he just is kind of meh.

Well, and the fact that they killed Jadzia. I'm still mad about that.

MarvelCharacterNerd

Beautifully written and acted characters. Did alot for the genre just as Carrie fisher did before them.
Love all three of those ladies, but man the shots of Gates with her gorgeous silver hair just knocked my socks off! 😍

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom