Star Trek: Picard (Spoilers)

Screamface

Picard and Riker team up was nice. Even if this season ends up sucking like the first two. It's going to be a master class in showing how those first couple of seasons, like the Sequel Trilogy completely fail at bringing back an old property.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Picard and Riker team up was nice. Even if this season ends up sucking like the first two. It's going to be a master class in showing how those first couple of seasons, like the Sequel Trilogy completely fail at bringing back an old property.
Amen. Thatā€™s pretty much it.

I think the bigger lesson is donā€™t wait 30 yearsā€¦pay the actors and sell the stuff before theyā€™re too gone to sell anymore stuff.

The only thing about Picard season 3 compelling is theyā€™ll get the 7 together on screen.

At least they do the obvious

TTA94

I hope next they do a Janeway series. I know the rumor was a Seven and Raffi spin off but I personally hate the idea of this. Unfortunately though I can see the reasons why they likely would do this.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I hope next they do a Janeway series. I know the rumor was a Seven and Raffi spin off but I personally hate the idea of this.
Raffi is terribleā€¦forced and unnecessary.

They should do a new Cagney and Lacey spin-off with her and call it ā€œRaffi and Reyā€

Just go ahead and get all the nonsense out at once

Youā€™re talking about Kate mulgrew?
Ehhhā€¦no problem with the characterā€¦but I think this is another example of a missed window in Hollywood. Gotta not fight time. I thought they learned with Carrie fisherā€¦but then they made Picard so I guess they didnā€™t?

Iā€™m more of a ds9 fan myselfā€¦Iā€™d like to see bajor years laterā€¦the development of that show was really fascinating to me

Last edited:

Screamface

Raffi is terribleā€¦forced and unnecessary.
In that first episode when she was first onscreen being the Junkee was horrible. It felt like the writers were going, "remember how awful this character can be." Just to then juxtapose it with a much more tolerable version when it's revealed that was an act.

As for other spin-offs, I've heard they a rumour they want to spin-off the new younger character from this.

As for Voyager. Maybe they could do a return to the Delta quadrant. Where they put together a crew of new and old to go there for some reason. Old crew there because of experience in the Delta Quadrant. So we don't have a show where there's constantly convioulted ways everyone needs to be included.

Jane Way approach Tom Paris in a bar. "I'm Putting together a crew..."

Last edited:

J4546

Give me a Garek spin off.

Or a quarks spin off. Have it like sunny in Philly lol where we get to see some trashier characters inside of deep space 9 or some other trek related bar

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Okā€¦so it takes 3 triesā€¦but theyā€™re finally getting back to making some Star Trek.

I applaud Viacom for doing what they needed to do: Getting back to the formula that worksā€¦character stories that honor the bonds made with fans.

..:I canā€™t figure out how this could be applicable to Disney in ANY way? šŸ¤”

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
One thing I learned from Picard so far is that even in the 24th century, there is no medical relief for frequent urination at night.

It is clear humanity will never advance to the next level of existence and all life is futile.

Wendy Pleakley

One thing I learned from Picard so far is that even in the 24th century, there is no medical relief for frequent urination at night.

It is clear humanity will never advance to the next level of existence and all life is futile.

You'd think those pills that grow new kidney's would help with that.

I feel this season suffers from the same pacing issue as the first two. Not enough story to fill 10 episodes.

Think of an episode of Next Gen that told a story from start to finish. Two episodes in here and we're just in the setup phase it seems.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
You'd think those pills that grow new kidney's would help with that.

I feel this season suffers from the same pacing issue as the first two. Not enough story to fill 10 episodes.

Think of an episode of Next Gen that told a story from start to finish. Two episodes in here and we're just in the setup phase it seems.
The pacing is offā€¦but thatā€™s a reality of the ā€œmade for streamā€ showā€¦

They shoot stories at a glacial pace to stretch the story out. Probably to save on writing and production costs.

TNG had a half dozen - or more - incredible writers cranking out 26 epis a year.

Now itā€™s all stall tacticsā€¦as if Bob Iger invented it himself šŸ¤”

Cesar R M

Reminds me, someone mentioned in the chit chat that they were reminded that the ship that attacks the Titan is similar to Nero's from the other universe.

And nope. It looks like a Scimitar variant with some Federation stuff.

It has Elachi vibes too (from the star trek online game).
But the design def is like the Scimitar from Star Trek Nemesis + the Galaxy's deflector dish.

On the other hand... Damn, Crusher really looked like superold. Surprised how good William looks compared to her.

Loved also the gag about the galaxy class being called "the fat ones" and not liked anymore.
Sort of like how hated the older miranda class was XD

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom