Star Tours II - Ride reviews

RandySavage

There are 11 total segments split into 4 show parts. Part 1 has a choice of 2 segments with parts 2, 3, and 4 each having 3 segment choices, each one chosen randomly by a computer, resulting in 54 total ride combinations.

Thank you. And for clarification (and feel free to put in spoiler text), what exactly are each of those segments? (eg):

Part I: (name)
A.
B.

Part II:
A.
B.
C.

Part III:
A.
B.
C.
etc.

Great to see so many glowing reviews.

hpyhnt 1000

Thank you. And for clarification (and feel free to put in spoiler text), what exactly are each of those segments? (eg):

**SPOILERS:**

Part I: (Spaceport, the secret spy is revealed during this segment)
A. Darth Vader
B. Stormtroopers

Part II: (First Destination)
A. Tatooine (pod race)
B. Kashyyyk (speeder bikes)
C. Hoth (toboggan run with AT-ATs)

Part III: (Hologram Transmission)
A. Princess Leia
B. Admiral Ackbar
C. Yoda

Part IV: (Second Destination/Ending)
A. Naboo
B. Coruscant
C. Asteroid Field

**END OF SPOILERS**

Great to see so many glowing reviews.

See red above. Per Al Lutz.

juan

I just rode Star Tours (DLR) today and it was amazing!
The film quality was great and the 3D was well done.
Much better than the original!
:sohappy:

Captain Hank

First off, I can't even tell you how excited I am about ST2!! Especially after reading some of the positive reviews!!

However I have a question concerning the ride. A few people have stated that the entire ride including the pre-show are entirely in CG. Just to get it straight, every character including vader, boba fett and lei are 100% CGI? I remember hearing rumors about how Lucas was shooting several live action scenes for ST2 several months back and remember seeing some on location shots with what appeared to be some of the pre-show and they included live action actors.

If the entire attraction does in fact only include CGI, how does it hold up? Is it over the top cartoony or is it modern lifelike CGI?

Thanks!
There are live actors in at least one of the segments on the ride, also in the pre-boarding and onboard safety video.

CaptainWinter

There are 11 total segments split into 4 show parts. Part 1 has a choice of 2 segments with parts 2, 3, and 4 each having 3 segment choices, each one chosen randomly by a computer, resulting in 54 total ride combinations.

11. Cool. Thanks.

This means the average rider can expect to have seen all segments after 8 rides.

juan

just a note:

while the seats have been re-upholstered, the seats and belts are still the originals.

JordanNite

Don't hold high hopes for this at all ... it's still essentially the same ride and motions, but with a 3D tv upfront instead and a new movie.

The original was out of date, and i don't hold up much hope this one.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
Quick question and I appreciate a non-spoiler answer if possible:

Does Yoda make an appearance(voice/character) in every ride, or does he hit the cutting room floor on certain versions? My biggest fear is riding the attraction and not seeing or hearing from the little green guy!

Be there May 26th before the Ed Kowalczyk(LIVE) concert at the Hard Rock Hotel in Universal!

Yoda does not appear every time. You are just going to have to keep riding until you see him! :)

jmmc

Excuse my SPOILER question...

I don't want anyone to accidentally read a
SPOILER
If they don't want to... :)

Is the non-Vader opening where Boba Fett appears?

SJN1279

I see the negativity has already started. Joy.

Certain characters should be on every ride(especially Yoda and Vader). You can change what they say, but they should be constant. The fact that Disney/Lucas screwed that simple point up, is really saddening.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
Certain characters should be on every ride(especially Yoda and Vader). You can change what they say, but they should be constant. The fact that Disney/Lucas screwed that simple point up, is really saddening.

You might want to wait until you ride it. :shrug:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom