Star Tours II - Ride reviews

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
We're rapidly approaching the first cast and guest rides of Star Tours. This thread is for reviews and reports.

saxamoophone

Early reports from last week are that 12 castmembers were asked to test the ride at DHS, and all 12 "tossed their cookies"

3D & Simulator = Not a good result they found! Not sure what their solution will be, but time is running out!

Update: Obviously any issue with motion sickness has been resolve! Smooth as butter!

Flight Safety

Early reports from last week are that 12 castmembers were asked to test the ride at DHS, and all 12 "tossed their cookies"

3D & Simulator = Not a good result they found! Not sure what their solution will be, but time is running out!

Uh oh! I hope this is not true. Ill be there for the opening, and will post my review from the park. :cool:

saxamoophone

Hopefully it's alright, and was just general castmember gossip ;).

People also freaked out at Mission Space too when that first opened! :slurp:

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Hopefully it's alright, and was just general castmember gossip ;).

People also freaked out at Mission Space too when that first opened! :slurp:
One would think so. I can not imagine a company putting tens of millions of dollars into an attraction and not do at least a little initial testing on how people would physically react to one the biggest selling features.

Pioneer Hall

I'm just happy they are giving out cookies...oh wait, never mind.

I agree that it has to be a little bit of gossip as well. I can't imagine that Disney wouldn't have done some prelim testing where they would have noticed that this wouldn't work for most guests. Also, I have been on 3-D simulators before and can't say that they affected my stomach in any way.

wdwfan22

At Disneyland, reports are that the motion is about the same as before. There are no reports of anyone getting sick. I would imagine the Studios version to be the same.

saxamoophone

At Disneyland, reports are that the motion is about the same as before. There are no reports of anyone getting sick. I would imagine the Studios version to be the same.

Guess DHS had some wimps test it them ;)

The Cast Preview is ON! So reports should be coming in!

MightyGitis

Startours2live: "We're hearing some details: including that sometimes the StarSpeeder runs over Jar Jar!"

@DisneyMagicMan: "It was also interactive on a very nice scale, choosing someone in the vehicle, as a "princess" you need to help protect"

So even the reason you are being chased changes. Not always a fugitive!

@StarTours2Livw: "Hearing great things. No one reporting any motion sickness issues."

TowerOfTerror

Just rode it two times. The ride really depends on what version you ride. The endor version was eh and the death star was awesome . There is still minor work being done in the queue. There was a strict policy on no photos.

MightyGitis

Just rode it two times. The ride really depends on what version you ride. The endor version was eh and the death star was awesome . There is still minor work being done in the queue. There was a strict policy on no photos.

Did you happen to notice if all 6 simulators were running?

hpyhnt 1000

Is that based off the story line, or the actual intensity of the simulator's motion?

TowerOfTerror

I know they were using all three simulators on the left side, I believe they were using one of them on the right side.

The story line and the intensity both was completely different. Don't get me wrong but I would not label any of the two I have been on extreme, like the orange side of mission space.

Pseybert

Did the cast preview once today. It was very good. The one thing that I couldn't believe that I didn't see mentioned here, that absolutely blew me away was <POST EDITED BY MODERATOR FOR CAST MEMBER GIVING AWAY A MAJOR SPOILER THAT THEY WERE UNDER CONTRACT AT THE PREVIEW TO NOT GIVE AWAY. LET THIS BE A WARNING TO ALL PEOPLE WRITING REVIEWS>

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom