Star Tours II in 3D for 2011 CONFIRMED

DonaldDoleWhip

“They want to take all the appropriate time to make it a really spectacular attraction,” said John McClintock
MK's Space Mountain also wishes it had enough time to become a really spectacular attraction. :brick:

Nevertheless, I'm glad if they're really trying to make a big difference. Hopefully the new experience is a big plus for DHS.

EpcotServo

The Cm on ST said it was going down in Aug and reopening in May. I love that ride, but had a horrible experience on it last week. My hubby and I were riding in vehicle #2 when we felt a bad jerk and the ride quit moving. The Andriod was still driving and we had no video, but we still had audio. The ride ended and the seatbelt came unlocked, but the doors to the ride vehicle never opened. We sat there for a few minutes before the ride told us to put our seat belts back on as if the ride was going to restart. There was people freaking out about feeling claustrophobic and needing to get out of there, and we have not heard anything from a cm at all. My hubs opened the emergency exit latch on the ride vehicle door to let everyone out, but we were still stuck at the automatic doors and couldn't open them. This little girl was freaking out and banging on the door yelling help us help us, but still nothing from a cm. We waited about 15 minutes for a manager to come unlock the door to let us out. Up until then, no one even came over the intercom on the ride and acknowledged us. They cleared the queue line in front of all the simulator doors before they let us out. If there had been a fire, we would have been trapped. The only way out was a ladder near an exit door one story down, and the only way to get it would be for someone to jump down to it. We were really surprised at the response time of the Disney CM's and how they handled the situation.

Hate to say it-But it sounds like you would've been out in less than 15 minutes if you guys hadn't opened the emergency hatch. Sounds like the sim was already a little freaked from the stop and needed time to reset, and opening that would've sent anything to open the doors in to an automatic STOP EVERYTHING. The Cast Members should have used the PA, but a trick to the panic inside is that no one realizes that there's a camera in the cabin, so rest assured in case something is happening, they DO see you.

As bad as their response was, I think it sounds like the people in the cabin freaking out that really did the trick.

Were the ramps down? If those weren't, then the doors weren't opening for a reason.
:lol:

Drebe73

Long overdue

Glad to see that they finally are updating Star Tours. Not that it's my most favorite attraction, as I was always more impressed with the ride que than the actual ride, but it's good to see that they are refurbing it. The pre-show video was obviously extremely outdated and the attraction was rather dull compared to todays standards. I hope that the 3D looks as good as what is being produced in theaters today. I'll definitely be checking out the attraction the next time we visit The Studios.

sonjaandsue

Jedi Academy

Will the Jedi Training Academy happen during the rehab? I will have a disappointed Star Wars fan when we visit in January if there is no Star Wars experience at all....I better start preparing him now.

erasure fan1

I was watching G4 yesterday and on the news scroll at the bottom of the screen during attack of the show, it said star tours was was being refurbished.... and would re open as pod racing.:eek: I dont think its true but it would surely stink.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
I was watching G4 yesterday and on the news scroll at the bottom of the screen during attack of the show, it said star tours was was being refurbished.... and would re open as pod racing.:eek: I dont think its true but it would surely stink.
It is almost guaranteed that pod racing will be part of the new movie but it will be far from the only part.

EpcotServo

Here's a sneek peak at the Celebration-Exclusive, Star Tours 2: Starspeeder 1000 toy vehicle repaint!

picture.php

Be sure to see more about it in my Update, a little later...

erasure fan1

The harsh reality is that pod racing fits into a simulator based attraction incredibly well. To NOT do it would be wrong.
You are right, it would fit well and as long as its just a small part I wont have that big of a problem with it. I just think it should stay around 4,5 and 6 and not the prequels. The starwars universe has TONS of content that would fit well into a simulator based attraction. Pod racing is just not at the top of my list of things I would like to see.

jjharvpro

quick question

This might have already been answered but. . .

Where will this be located? and. . .Will this replace Star Tours or be an add-on---someone please explain

This might not even be confirmed within the Disney company, but I have a feeling it is

cdunbar

This might have already been answered but. . .

Where will this be located? and. . .Will this replace Star Tours or be an add-on---someone please explain

This might not even be confirmed within the Disney company, but I have a feeling it is
Star Tours is a film and the film will be replaced with Star Tours II, the motion simulators, and the animatronics updated. It will be where Star Tours is now. I'm not sure if any exterior work is being done.

jjharvpro

confirmation

so this will completely replace Star Tours I? and will be called Star Tours II? sorry-i didn't really look into this news as much as FL expansion

Ausdaddy

Disney officially confirms Coruscant as one of the multiple destinations during today's "What's Next?" presentation....takes place between Episode III and IV. Tell us something we don't know!!!

Sept. 8th last day to ride at DHS.

July 26th last day to ride at DL.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom