Star Tours II in 3D for 2011 CONFIRMED

erasure fan1

Paul Ruebans better be back. P-E-E Wee Herman is in again! (filter censors P-E-E? Really?)
I hope he is back at least in some way as REX. My daughter loves that character and will be devastated if they dont at least add him to the queue or post show, something.

festivus said:
But how will it select destinations midway through the ride without it pausing for people to make selections? Won't that kind of kill the momentum/thrill of the ride?
My guess is that if you are going to multiple destinations you need a transition segment to "set the coordinates for light speed..." (remember what Han tells Luke " Traveling through hyperspace ain't like dusting crops, boy! Without precise calculations we could fly right through a star, or bounce too close to a supernova and that'd end your trip real quick, wouldn't it? ) Sorry my nerd is showing. :lol: In this time you could still have something exciting going on, like being chased and shot at by the empire, and everyone is trying to press the button for the place they want to go.

The Empress Lilly

If majority rules, then I guess us fans will occasionaly have to 'hijack' a ride vehicle if we want to experience some of the more obscure locations...:lol:

I'm not sure what to think about the interactivity. But so far, I'm quite positive about all the news that's emerging. Maybe it'll work really well.

Festivus

My guess is that if you are going to multiple destinations you need a transition segment to "set the coordinates for light speed..." (remember what Han tells Luke " Traveling through hyperspace ain't like dusting crops, boy! Without precise calculations we could fly right through a star, or bounce too close to a supernova and that'd end your trip real quick, wouldn't it? ) Sorry my nerd is showing. :lol: In this time you could still have something exciting going on, like being chased and shot at by the empire, and everyone is trying to press the button for the place they want to go.

That sounds plausible, as long as the story and action keep moving. It could actually create suspense by narrowly jumping to hyperspace in the nick of time to avoid being captured by the Empire or a bounty hunter...

erasure fan1

That sounds plausible, as long as the story and action keep moving. It could actually create suspense by narrowly jumping to hyperspace in the nick of time to avoid being captured by the Empire or a bounty hunter...
yea thats my exact thought.

Or maybe Jar Jar is trying to hitch a ride with your shuttle and everyone has to scramble to choose a destination before he can board. Otherwise you have to listen to him the whole flight.:lookaroun

:lol:

MarkTwain

Hey, hey, hey. This isn't a bad thing. Maybe they're catching on to something here and we will get something amazing.

Aww, I didn't mean to make it sound like a bad thing. I happen to love Toy Story Midway Mania. :lol: I think a choose-your-own-destination Star Tours sounds amazing. I can just imagine it leading to some technical problems.

Festivus

yea thats my exact thought.

Or maybe Jar Jar is trying to hitch a ride with your shuttle and everyone has to scramble to choose a destination before he can board. Otherwise you have to listen to him the whole flight.:lookaroun

:lol:

Or maybe you can choose to jetison him into space...

TP2000

What's up with Anaheim getting an extra month of STII work? :shrug:

It's five and a half weeks extra to be exact. :lol:

It is odd that there's that much difference in the timing. Perhaps the Disneyland facility, being the first Star Tours built, requires some extra work?

RSoxNo1

It's five and a half weeks extra to be exact. :lol:

It is odd that there's that much difference in the timing. Perhaps the Disneyland facility, being the first Star Tours built, requires some extra work?

Does the Disneyland version have fewer Star Speeders? Is it possible that they've already started some of the work on the machines in Florida?

TP2000

Does the Disneyland version have fewer Star Speeders? Is it possible that they've already started some of the work on the machines in Florida?

Yes, the Disneyland version has only four Star Speeders, and the WDW version has six Star Speeders. But Disneyland scheduled a longer rehab.

You would think the WDW version, with more vehicles, would require the longer rehab. But it's the other way around. I wonder why?

RSoxNo1

Yes, the Disneyland version has only four Star Speeders, and the WDW version has six Star Speeders. But Disneyland scheduled a longer rehab.

You would think the WDW version, with more vehicles, would require the longer rehab. But it's the other way around. I wonder why?

My thought is that they could start on one speeder at a time in Florida and still run it at a reasonable capacity, but someone else already said that during the summer they typically run all 6, so who knows.

I know there's a sense of urgency in Florida to have it re-opened for Star Wars Weekends, but they could just as easily close it earlier.

By all accounts the upgrades will be the same, so as long as that's still the case we shouldn't worry.

daguru

I thought I remember reading a rumor that the DHS version was not going to have all of the effects that the DL version would get, to cut down on costs. Could this be the reasoning for the difference in down time? Why else would a ride with 6 cabins have less down time that a ride with 4 cabins? Unless those 6 cabins are getting less work than the 4 cabins...? :shrug:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom