Star Tours II in 3D for 2011 CONFIRMED

huntzilla

Ricky Brigante said on the Inside the Magic Podcast this week that there would be 54 possible ride configurations.

I read that over the weekend on MC's coverage of DD55. I wonder exactly what this means. Does it mean 54 actual different destinations or the different beginning, middle, and endings rumor from a while ago.

RSoxNo1

<snarky>If each vehicle has 40 seats, does that make it 40 configurations right there? </snarky>

I'm curious to see if the stand by time for TSM will get shorter when the new Star Tours opens. I for one am hoping so.

Every ride in the park will be a 5 minute wait once Star Tours II drops

I read that over the weekend on MC's coverage of DD55. I wonder exactly what this means. Does it mean 54 actual different destinations or the different beginning, middle, and endings rumor from a while ago.

I would guess multiple beginnings, middle and ends, but the math doesn't work evenly. It would have to be 2 of one part, 3 of another part, 3 of another part and 3 of another part to get to 54.

Star Tours should help the Toy Story lines, but I definitely don't expect the attendance at the other attractions to drop to 5 minutes. Star Tours has a huge capacity (I believe the largest of the 4 main Fastpass attractions), so even if people are going on it two and three times a visit, it's appeal isn't as large as Toy Story's.

ChrisFL

Premium Member
How many ride vehicles are there in the Star Tours building? 6? What if each vehicle has a different set of them, then there's 9 combinations possible for each vehicle.

hpyhnt 1000

How many ride vehicles are there in the Star Tours building? 6? What if each vehicle has a different set of them, then there's 9 combinations possible for each vehicle.

Hm, you might be on to something there. There are indeed 6 simulators, and 9 options at each does give you 54 .

I don't know how that would work at DL though since they only have 4 simulators...

AEfx

Hm, you might be on to something there. There are indeed 6 simulators, and 9 options at each does give you 54 .

I don't know how that would work at DL though since they only have 4 simulators...

Have we heard the experience is going to be tied to the specific vehicles?

I am assuming that since everything is going to be digital the experience could be totally random independently of the vehicles.

It will also be interesting to find out what the variations are, as they report things like ToT and Indy Adventure as having 1,000s of variations but the truth is they count each and every bump which most people would never notice instead of truly different experiences. With such a low number here, I am hoping the differences are more significant, like MiB over at Universal.

hpyhnt 1000

Have we heard the experience is going to be tied to the specific vehicles?

I am assuming that since everything is going to be digital the experience could be totally random independently of the vehicles.

From what I see, there are a few possibilites they could use:

------------------------

1. Totally random experience where you have no idea where you're going or how you are supposed to get there. All scenes are random.

2. Each simulator has 1 unique dedicated destination with possible variations on how to get to that destination. Opening and end scene predictable, different or random by destination, with middle scenes completely predictable, different or random.

3. Each simulator has a unique selection of destinations to choose from. Opening and ending scene are predictable, different or random according to destination, with middle scenes completely predictable, different or random.

4. Simulators are grouped by region and have a larger selection of destinations to choose from, but still not random (ie: Gates 1-3 go to this galaxy, Gates 4-6 go to this galaxy). Opening and ending scenes are predictable, different or random according to destination, with middle scenes completely predictable, different or random.

5. Simulators can go to any destination, but we know where we are going before we board. Opening and ending scene are predictable, different or random according to destination, with middle scenes completely predictable, different or random.

NOTE:
- Predictable: the scenes are the same each and every time. (Scene A, then Scene B, then Scene C each ride.)

- Different: the overall show is different, but the scenes for that show are the same each time. (Think ToT where there are 4 randomly chosen drop profiles, but once a profile is chosen, the drops within each profile are always the same.)

- Random: the scenes are chosen completely at random just as the ride starts. (Any possible combination of scenes.)

--------------------------

So, there are quite a few variations to consider, and I probably have missed a number of possibilities as well. The is almost no limit to what they could do; just depends how many scenes and destinations there are to choose from and ambitous WDI wants to be with the programming.

RSoxNo1

From what I see, there are a few possibilites they could use:

------------------------

1. Totally random experience where you have no idea where you're going or how you are supposed to get there. All scenes are random.

2. Each simulator has 1 unique dedicated destination with possible variations on how to get to that destination. Opening and end scene predictable, different or random by destination, with middle scenes completely predictable, different or random.

3. Each simulator has a unique selection of destinations to choose from. Opening and ending scene are predictable, different or random according to destination, with middle scenes completely predictable, different or random.

4. Simulators are grouped by region and have a larger selection of destinations to choose from, but still not random (ie: Gates 1-3 go to this galaxy, Gates 4-6 go to this galaxy). Opening and ending scenes are predictable, different or random according to destination, with middle scenes completely predictable, different or random.

5. Simulators can go to any destination, but we know where we are going before we board. Opening and ending scene are predictable, different or random according to destination, with middle scenes completely predictable, different or random.

NOTE:
- Predictable: the scenes are the same each and every time. (Scene A, then Scene B, then Scene C each ride.)

- Different: the overall show is different, but the scenes for that show are the same each time. (Think ToT where there are 4 randomly chosen drop profiles, but once a profile is chosen, the drops within each profile are always the same.)

- Random: the scenes are chosen completely at random just as the ride starts. (Any possible combination of scenes.)

--------------------------

So, there are quite a few variations to consider, and I probably have missed a number of possibilities as well. The is almost no limit to what they could do; just depends how many scenes and destinations there are to choose from and ambitous WDI wants to be with the programming.

Assuming the 54 is correct, here is my guess. 6 Possible destinations, 3 beginnings and 3 middles to get to those 6 possible destinations. Whether each destination is tied to a specific star speeder, is still unknown, I would be somewhat surprised if that was the case because of Disneyland.

Our understanding was that Disney World wanted a more basic refurbishment, so it would stand to reason they wouldn't be paying for 2 extra destinations over Disneyland.

FutureWorld1982

A new sign in front of the attraction:

15fgitj.jpg

hpyhnt 1000

Assuming the 54 is correct, here is my guess. 6 Possible destinations, 3 beginnings and 3 middles to get to those 6 possible destinations. Whether each destination is tied to a specific star speeder, is still unknown, I would be somewhat surprised if that was the case because of Disneyland.

Our understanding was that Disney World wanted a more basic refurbishment, so it would stand to reason they wouldn't be paying for 2 extra destinations over Disneyland.

Thats the thing, is whether each "gate" has a dedicated destination or if it is all just random. I personally think a division by galaxy group might be kind of interesting (kinda like domestic vs. international departures) though I don;t even know if that is possible. Still, we'll see that they come up with.

NoChesterHester

Thats the thing, is whether each "gate" has a dedicated destination or if it is all just random. I personally think a division by galaxy group might be kind of interesting (kinda like domestic vs. international departures) though I don;t even know if that is possible. Still, we'll see that they come up with.

Can you imagine the potential bottlenecks however? Imagine if one destination is markedly better than the rest. The line for that one "gate" could be ridiculous while the others suffer. This could really hurt flow and wait times.

sponono88

On the Set of Star Tours with C-3PO

ccc583234SMALL.jpg

Things are very busy in the world of Star Tours, both here in California and in Florida as well!

A few weeks ago I shared a first look at two new characters joining Star Tours, and today, I want to take you behind the scenes and show you what we were working on back in April 2009. We occupied a large soundstage in Hollywood to film a key sequence of the new show. Anthony Daniels flew in from London to bring C-3PO to life on the stage, as well as workshop the script with our writer Steve Spiegel.

See more pictures and full blog entry here:

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2010/10/on-the-set-of-star-tours-with-c-3po/

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom