Star Tours 2.0 Delayed Tron E Ticket and Wall-e to Replace EO?

cbconglom

Original Poster
Technically he is talking about disneyland but if their star tours is delayed so is ours and if they aren't keeping eo forever i'm sure we're not.. as for tron well i can only hope

http://adventureswithdisney.blogspot.com/2010/10/flight-51411-on-starspeeder-1000.html

"re-do of the classic Tomorrowland attraction may be pushed back as much as 7 months."

"One last bit of info which is almost 100% happening. I dont have any details about the attraction itself but as of now Captain Eo will change the world one last time at the end of 2012. Then come late 2013, WALL-E will be embarking on another galactic adventure and this time, Tomorrowland is the destination. That is unfortunately all I know of right now on this particular attraction"

Kamikaze

1. It hasn't been the Starspeeder 1000 for a long time. Its the 3000. First mark against this.

2. Wall-E replacing EO doesn't make sense, unless they would retheme Imagination into something else. Can't see them leaving EO in Epcot but removing it at DL.

3. One being delayed doesn't necessarily mean the same delay would happen at the other. It was started later at DHS for the very reason that they would know what types of problems they would run into at DL and not have them become problems at DHS.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
1. It hasn't been the Starspeeder 1000 for a long time. Its the 3000. First mark against this.

2. Wall-E replacing EO doesn't make sense, unless they would retheme Imagination into something else. Can't see them leaving EO in Epcot but removing it at DL.

3. One being delayed doesn't necessarily mean the same delay would happen at the other. It was started later at DHS for the very reason that they would know what types of problems they would run into at DL and not have them become problems at DHS.
The new attraction will feature the Starspeeder 1000 as it is a prequel occurring between Episode 3 and 4. The original took place after Episode 6 and featured the Starspeeder 3000.

Kamikaze

The new attraction will feature the Starspeeder 1000 as it is a prequel occurring between Episode 3 and 4. The original took place after Episode 6 and featured the Starspeeder 3000.

Wasn't the ship for the old attraction originally called the 1000? And they changed it to the 3000 during an early refurb?

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Wasn't the ship for the old attraction originally called the 1000? And they changed it to the 3000 during an early refurb?
Not that I know of but I was not much of a Disney nut back then. I know the new one will be the 1000 as I have the sneak preview vehicle from the Last Tour sitting next to me.

Pioneer Hall

Ambitious and interesting, but I just can't believe much of it yet. There are a number of bloggers who have very good sources that have never even hinted at anything similar to these plans. If I start hearing more from more reliable sources then it will become a bigger item of interest.

Fable McCloud

I thought Captain EO was huge, especially since Jacko's dead and all. I've never seen it, but from what I hear it's phenomenal. Why would they get rid of a huge crowd pleaser?

Also, the time for Wall-E to get an attraction has passed, unless they plan on making a sequel....that would be silly btw...

I do admit that a Tron Light Cycle ride would be sick, especially in the dark like Rock 'N' Rollercoaster.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
I thought Captain EO was huge, especially since Jacko's dead and all. I've never seen it, but from what I hear it's phenomenal. Why would they get rid of a huge crowd pleaser?

Also, the time for Wall-E to get an attraction has passed, unless they plan on making a sequel....that would be silly btw...

I do admit that a Tron Light Cycle ride would be sick, especially in the dark like Rock 'N' Rollercoaster.
EO is pretty good but it will have a shelf life. Rest assured it will eventually be replaced.

Fable McCloud

BTW Fable, the Little Mermaid is much older than Wall-E.

I know the Little Mermaid is older than Wall-E! I was alive (and saw it in theaters) when it came out. :p

I was just saying that its already hard to find Wall-E merchandise since Toy Story and Cars have taken over on the Pixar front, whereas Ariel is part of the Princess Line, so it will never fade away.

The point I had made was that EO is still popular (from what I hear) and that replacing (in the immediate future) would be silly. If down the road it runs its course, then fine, do what you will to bring the park up to par.

JustInTime

I 100% disagree. If they built attractions based on "shelf life" we would never get anything new. Wall-e is every bit as good as Little Mermaid and it does deserves it's spot in the parks.

RSoxNo1

This week on my show, we asked Jim Hill about a Tron attraction on the old Disneyland Peoplemover track.

He pointedly told us that the would have to use the previous ride system if they wanted to avoid any of the new OSHA restrictions including emergency ladder's every 300 feet. He also mentioned that there's a car in the movie that would probably be more conducive to supporting the necessary throughput for a Tron themed attraction.

enoe01

I thought all 4 parks already had a Wall-E ride, isnt it call ECV's. lol :goodnevil:hammer:

Im kidding so just relax people. I dont need a full pm box or flames sent at me.

_Scar

Wall-E for a new TLand ride.... anyone could have guessed that....

And hasn't the actual head imagineer (screens guy) been posting blog updates about the project saying they were on schedule?

rct247

And this blog is run by who exactly? I'll believe it when I see this from reliable sources.

While I do believe that the majority of that blog post could be correct, I also agree with the statement above.

That blog has a horrible design and set up from everything from the font to the repeating background of a picture pulled from another website, not to mention the terrible MS Paint job on the blog title logo which could also be a copyright infringement. So, I wouldn't think a reliable source would come from a blog like that.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom