Staggs resigns

Donaldfan1934

It also had Phase II true E-Ticket, but who's counting. Jay's 'plan' that is. And you could really credit Paul Pressler because this project was first proposed in the late 90s when he was running P&R. If we are going to be honest about things.
Can you elaborate on the specifics of phase II? I liked phase I, but it couldn't have been more obvious that a phase II was sorely needed to truly tie the land together.

zakattack99

In the Parks
No
How many of you are going to get up and watch the world premiere of The Rogue One trailer on GMA tomorrow?

What are the chances that this is a stock saver move? After they announced Staggs departure the stock slumped. My understanding (acording to the rumors) was we would not see a trailer/teaser until Cptn America. If we were lucky we would get something a few days early for May the Fourth. My feeling is that the is is an attempt to bring the stock back around, maybe pad the second quarter numbers? But I think the Second Quarter should have closed already. Any thoughts?

Cesar R M

Because. That's why. Sheesh.
No really, your comment was in response to my "going out of business sale" to companies in the Ohio Valley. You debunk that with companies not in the Ohio Valley. When Gil's Variety Store went out of business, he had a clearance sale. I think I got a yo-yo, some silly putty and a cow tale or two.
You answered yourself, I never mentioned Ohio Valley. Because I was clearly targeting the "going out of business sale" part.

Mike S

I am impressed that some of you youngsters know your Lebowski...since some of you were barely out of nappies when it was released.
I saw it a few years ago on TV after a friend in College told me it was his favorite movie. Bought the Blu-Ray after that.

Cesar R M

Sadly, so true. As much as I was anticipating the movie, I cannot now even contemplate going to see it. When it was announced that Ben was going to play Batman, I thought "wait, didn't they learn from Daredevil?" Guess not.

So those of us who grew up on and love Superman will be content with Christopher Reeves, not that that's a bad thing.....
I had open mind on this one. Remember that Ryan Reynolds also got ruined in many super hero movies.

The Wolverine's dumb "deadpool"... AND then green lantern...

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
I saw it a few years ago on TV after a friend in College told me it was his favorite movie. Bought the Blu-Ray after that.

Yeah, it's an excellent flick. And Rogen/Franco/Hill, etc., will never be able to touch it because they ain't the Cohen brothers.

BrianLo

Lucas? How could anyone not see the value there? As you said, anyone could have put out a mediocre film and make a billion. So, Disney's non-stop marketing machine allowed it to put out a mediocre film and make two billion.

I'm going to see that soon ... just to see my 'pal' play Batman. But based on the money it is making, I'm not sure how one can say it was money spent poorly. A bad film that makes huge money and a great film that makes huge money are equal when it comes to both the bottom line and a Studios plans going forward.

I think your bias is showing on this one. BvS is not a good movie or a boon to the company. There is no way on earth you'd ever be here supporting a badly received Disney/Marvel/Lucas pic (I know you haven't seen it yet, but you are clearly aware of its reception). You'd be breathlessly here telling us how terrible it has been received and is not going to make money based on inflated production costs; IF it was an MCU film. Estimates were BvS required 800 million to break even and current projections no longer seeing it passing the billion dollar mark. A Batman AND Superman AND Wonder Woman Film could not make 1 billion in today's tentpole landscape? This is not the rag-tag group Marvel had to work with for Avengers, this is DC's A-listers. Yes, it's a disaster.

Which brings me circling back to your other comment. Star Wars was not a mediocre film, based on critical and audience reception alone it was at least a good film. I'm not pushing you for perfect here, but it was at minimum good. BvS also demonstrates that a sure thing can't pass 1 billion if it is critically garbage.

You've made a big deal about the Marvel fans coming out of the woodwork post-2009 acquisition... I think you fall on the opposite end of the spectrum, quietly hoping for its failure because Disney owns them.

I don't get why certain fans are so conflicted with the fact Disney/Pixar/MCU/Lucas are actually more often than not putting out good films. It's just like the Frozen phenomenon where fans begged for a good Disney Princess film... then they got it... and now they hate it because it became too popular.

(Edit:Sorry @doctornick - just realized I retread all your points!)

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom