SSR what room/building is best

DisneyBuffinDE

We are going to SSR in Feb 10-15 we have a 1 bedroom. What is the best building or room to try and request? Close to pool and mainly lobby. I have kids and my mother-in-law can't always walk to far.
Help. :shrug:

rjwalter

I've stayed there several times and your best options are:
1. Closest to the main lobby which is also close to the main pool aera. or
2. Close to Down town Disney. There is a boat ride right over to DTD.

SSR is a huge resort and if your stuck in the middle you kind of far from everything.

Upvote 0

heliumalias

I've stayed there twice this year. The first time it was a bit last minute so I ended up near the DTD end. It was a 5-10 minute walk to the main lobby/pool which was only annoying in the sense that I wasn't near the food/shop area and I don't generally make my own meals when I stay at a DVC resort.
The second time I deliberately requested a room near the lobby. It was much better because it meant that I could quickly have breakfast in the mornings without feeling that I'd gone too far out of my way. I also took more advantage of my refillable mug and I could take food back to the room (so I could eat in peace and quiet) without worrying about it getting cold before I got back there.

If your main concern is being near the pool, then I wouldn't worry. There's a pool near all of the buildings.

Upvote 0

azzureblue

We stayed with my parents (in their 70's) and my 4 boys in November 2007. Grandstand section worked out great! We were in the building closest to the main complex; Building 8501-8836 if you've got a map. Short walk to the main building and a pool right out in front. Bar with soft drink refill station at the pool area as well - sure made refilling the mugs convenient. If we ever go back we'll request that building again.

Upvote 0

Craig & Lisa

We stayed at the carrige house, it's closest to the main pool, front desk, the store, and the last bus stop, which means that when you get on the bus your off to the park, and if you don't mind the walk, you go to the other side of the main building and hop the water taxi to DTD

Upvote 0

Phonedave

If your main concern is being near the pool, then I wouldn't worry. There's a pool near all of the buildings.

Except for the Carousel

I went last minute for the closing of PI, and Carousel was where I was stuck.

It was a short walk to the bus and a LOOOOONG walk to everywhere else, even the nearest quite pool.

Walking back from the AC at night was a trip in and of itself.

-dave

Upvote 0

DisneyBuffinDE

Original Poster
This is our first trip as DVC members. What is the best way to request the building? Should I call DVC or resort or what? Thank you everyone for your feed back. This is why I love this place.

Upvote 0

yankspy

Upvote 0

PhilharMagician

We stayed at the carrige house, it's closest to the main pool, front desk, the store, and the last bus stop, which means that when you get on the bus your off to the park, and if you don't mind the walk, you go to the other side of the main building and hop the water taxi to DTD

BTW the Carriage House is where you check-in. There are no rooms in the main lobby bldg. You might be thinking of The Springs which is located right accross the street.:wave:

This is our first trip as DVC members. What is the best way to request the building? Should I call DVC or resort or what? Thank you everyone for your feed back. This is why I love this place.

Just call member services 800-800-9800 and ask them to add you request to your reservation. DO NOT CALL OR FAX THE RESORT.

Upvote 0

DisneyBuffinDE

Original Poster
:sohappy:I just called booked my magical express, got quickservice dinning added and requested wither the springs and then the grandstand for rooms. Sound good?

Thanks again for all the help.

Upvote 0

PhilharMagician

You should enjoy it. It is a beautiful resort.

I remember staying there right after the resort opened and at that time there was only the four Congrees Park buildings open. We had a room on the top floor center of BLDG 2 and had a direct veiw of DTD for the Christmas holiday. It was great seeing the holiday deco all lit up and hearing the music in DTD, and better yet was getting back to the room and sitting out on our balcony with a glass of wine and watching the nightly NYE fireworks from PI. Sadly they were gone in 07'.

The only downfall IMHO with SSR is the food options. They should have more of a variety of food available at the Artist Palette.

Upvote 0

mouselvrmom

I would definitely request to stay in the Springs. The resort is beautiful, but very spread out. We were right across from the main pool and it worked out great. I think for the convenience it is great. I did notice people riding the buses to catch a ride to the main pool, though. So I guess that wouldn't be too bad.

Upvote 0

slappy magoo

I'll tell you my dillemma when it comes to SSR. Next trip, I'd like to be close to the main pool and main building, especially when it comes to getting quick meals, BUT on the flip-flop, the breakfasts we had from Wolfgang Puck's Express were SOOOO much better than the ones available at Artists' palette. BUUUUUT I don't think both Wolfgang Puck Expresses serve breakfast, just the one in Marketplace, which means, to be close, we'd have to stay at Congress park.

Springs? Congress Park? Congress Park? Springs? Grrrrr...

Upvote 0

mouselvrmom

I'll tell you my dillemma when it comes to SSR. Next trip, I'd like to be close to the main pool and main building, especially when it comes to getting quick meals, BUT on the flip-flop, the breakfasts we had from Wolfgang Puck's Express were SOOOO much better than the ones available at Artists' palette. BUUUUUT I don't think both Wolfgang Puck Expresses serve breakfast, just the one in Marketplace, which means, to be close, we'd have to stay at Congress park.

It does sound like a dilemma. I know the walk from dtd to the springs was very long. :lol:

Upvote 0

PhilharMagician

Congress Park! It is also closer to the Margarita Bar in DTD

It is also easier if you have dinner at a resort. When you need to get back to SSR you just take the DTD bus to the Market Place and it is a short walk back to your room.

Upvote 0

Craig & Lisa

BTW the Carriage House is where you check-in. There are no rooms in the main lobby bldg. You might be thinking of The Springs which is located right accross the street.:wave:

Sorry, it was last year, but I was partly right I did say carrige house, :rolleyes:. I I did forget to mention after 9 or 10 in the morning every hour till about 5 I think you'll hear the trumpet sound for the horse track announcing a race, but it's the clock ringing the hour.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom