SSE update photos

Figment82

It looks great! I knew we could expect great things from Siemens, but they continue to amaze me. It really gives hope that the old Epcot isn't truly dead. I can't wait to see this in person!

SirNim

Speaking of "THE" logo, it appears that in the white horizontal bar underneath it there is some sort of design. Either a decorative flourish or perhaps text.

Can anyone make out what *may* be written underneath the potentially-new SE logo? Obviously, if it spells out "SPACESHIP EARTH," then we know it's a reincarnation of the old EPCOT Center logos.

However, if it spells out "SIEMENS MEDICAL SYSTEMS," then we know it's completely different.

ToTBellHop

Speaking of "THE" logo, it appears that in the white horizontal bar underneath it there is some sort of design. Either a decorative flourish or perhaps text.

Can anyone make out what *may* be written underneath the potentially-new SE logo? Obviously, if it spells out "SPACESHIP EARTH," then we know it's a reincarnation of the old EPCOT Center logos.

However, if it spells out "SIEMENS MEDICAL SYSTEMS," then we know it's completely different.
looks like two words but it's too blurry to make out...

jmani56

I just Photoshop-ed that logo but I still can't read what the text says. Hope to get an update on that soon. I would like to see a return of pavilion logos.

Thanks Merf.

pheneix

Disney should sell Epcot Center to Siemens now. These guys know how to treat that park with the dignity it deserves.

With everything thats been announced this looks like the closest thing we're ever gonna get to a ressurection of Horizons. That is a very good thing for this ride and for Epcot in general.

Champion

Disney should sell Epcot Center to Siemens now. These guys know how to treat that park with the dignity it deserves.

With everything thats been announced this looks like the closest thing we're ever gonna get to a ressurection of Horizons. That is a very good thing for this ride and for Epcot in general.

So the refurb of one attraction, (which, by the way, you have NO IDEA how much of the refurb that Siemens paid for) proves that they can --and will -- spend the same amount of money on the rest of the park. Yeah, that makes sense.

pheneix

So the refurb of one attraction, (which, by the way, you have NO IDEA how much of the refurb that Siemens paid for)

Ease up. Its only light conversation.

Oh yeah, as far as what they spent on this thing, the budget just for lighting alone is higher than what Disney blew on that Monsters Inc fiasco. And its not just the money. Siemens is taking this ride in a much better, much stronger creative direction. And its a direction that Disney would not have traveled on their own, if they had even bothered to keep the ride there at all.

Champion

Oh yeah, as far as what they spent on this thing, the budget just for lighting alone is higher than what Disney blew on that Monsters Inc fiasco. And its not just the money. Siemens is taking this ride in a much better, much stronger creative direction. And its a direction that Disney would not have traveled on their own, if they had even bothered to keep the ride there at all.

The post show is the ride now? Thats news to me. So Mission Space Race is part of the attraction?

I guarantee you that any major changes on SSE itself would be done by Disney, not Siemens.

benji

Thanks for the photos! It's good to see the icon of Epcot get some tlc. Now if they can only do something to wonders of life, honey I shrunk the audience, and universe of energy.:sohappy:

ToTBellHop

The post show is the ride now? Thats news to me. So Mission Space Race is part of the attraction?

I guarantee you that any major changes on SSE itself would be done by Disney, not Siemens.
huh? Um Siemens is paying for the changes...but, yes, the Imagineers are designing the changes...they designed the look to Project Tomorrow, as well...so not really sure what you are talking about.

pheneix

Yes, because in the four years or so that SSE went sponsorless Disney really ran in and fixed the place up, didn't they? Disney didn't even want to re-imagine this ride anyway. Before Siemens came on board they wanted to gut it and replace it with a thrill ride.

benji

As we can see from the photos theirs a lot of changes going on inside spaceship earth. Now I wonder if seimens will change anything out side the attraction. Maybe the stupid epcot sign and mickey hand above spaceship earth will come down.

DarkMeasures

Siemens is also doing a lot of involvement with the actual ride and that is what is important. And remember, that the last time the ride was updated was like in the early 90's.

But I am just happy I no longer have to read those stupid rumor posts about a rollercoaster being built inside Spaceship Earth. Especially launched coasters. (EPCOT's entrance would reach a new level of ugly then. As giant metal spikes would all be coming out of the bottom.)

ToTBellHop

As we can see from the photos theirs a lot of changes going on inside spaceship earth. Now I wonder if seimens will change anything out side the attraction. Maybe the stupid epcot sign and mickey hand above spaceship earth will come down.
they have already said it will not come down. They clearly stated that all work will be inside.

Erika

Thank you, I couldn't have said it better myself.

DarkMeasures said:
Siemens is also doing a lot of involvement with the actual ride and that is what is important. And remember, that the last time the ride was updated was like in the early 90's.

Yes-- It's been at least 4 years since I've been on it and I thought it could have used some attention even then.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Ummm... Disney have had the rehab plans for years, sat on a shelf in Glendale gathering dust. The Mouse wouldn`t fork out for them. It`s Siemens who are actually paying way more than their original sponsorship agreement to blow the dust off them and (literally I hope) off the `94 makeover.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom