SSE Reviews

plpeters70

If so, that makes the ending even worse. If the content is a bunch of make-believe bullcrap, what's the point? To look at a future that's not even possible. Isn't that Tomorrowland's job? Oh wait, Tomorrowland is now Pixarland...

That's my biggest problem with this re-do - the obvious FANTASY of the finale. Even if all those devices are possible, they're being presented in a way that makes them look like fantasy - specifically The Jetsons type of fantasy.

The entire rest of the attraction deals with the past - the real and true past. So, I would expect the finale to present a vision of the future that actually looks possible - not a 1950s fantasy that we threw-out years ago. This stuff already looks more dated than Horizons did - and it's brand new.

I think WDI would be wise to consider a change in tone for the ending - as it is now, it just doesn't mesh. And it certainly doesn't inspire the way the old attraction did.

mousermerf

Account Suspended
You know what the worst part of this is..?

There's no way to properly express how horrible it is to Disney in a manner they'll respond to. If you didn't get cherry picked by an Imagineer at unload, you're out of luck.

dxwwf3

I have a hunch that Imagineering thought we'd eat up the retro the way DL'ers do with their "" crapola.

First, Disneyland is probably the best park in America. Only Epcot comes close.

That animated video was not Disney retro. There would have been sets, music, and meaning.

Tim G

There's no way to properly express how horrible it is to Disney in a manner they'll respond to. If you didn't get cherry picked by an Imagineer at unload, you're out of luck.

Well try this guy, he seems to meet them all... :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Considering that I talked at length with one of them today. I think I would know that they are in fact quite intrested in the feedback given. It's already well known that WDI does read this. Of course, no one will openly admit to it..

They do listen, they take notes and then sit around and read thur the notes, looking for major trends and overall feedback etc.
Same thing we do at my job (and no it's not WDI.. but it's rather close to it... just um down the I-4 a bit.)

It's also already well known that WDI does read this. They are not going to just show up with a screename "IAMWDI" and put up a post saying "hello everyone, tell me what you think..." but, they do read this (and are as always welcome to hire me as a consultant on this or any project)

(oh and no funny biz with someone registering the new IAMWDI screenname now... btw ;)

Ciao! :D

Skippy_

Its not in any of the videos so far, but in the Phoenician scene, to its right side there was always this set with twinkling lights of a coastline and sea with a little tiny ship lit. Is that still there??
I asked this in another thread and and it sounds like it either not lit up or it's covered for the time being (most likely new lighting effects not ready yet)!

Skippy

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Its not in any of the videos so far, but in the Phoenician scene, to its right side there was always this set with twinkling lights of a coastline and sea with a little tiny ship lit. Is that still there??

No that was not there yesterday.

mousermerf

Account Suspended
I think its still there, because i tried to look for it, after staring at the phonecians boat movement, and looked back over my shoulder and saw a glimpse of the water - so some part of it is still there, though possibly covered up.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
I think its still there, because i tried to look for it, after staring at the phonecians boat movement, and looked back over my shoulder and saw a glimpse of the water - so some part of it is still there, though possibly covered up.

Yep the water and scene is there, but the boat was either missing or not lit.

dxwwf3

They have two months to get that back up, uncovered or lit! Or straight to guest relations I go with my list with that included on it. :brick:

Is THAT part of THAT scene really that important in the grand scheme of things?
I know different people like different things, but SSE has bigger fish to fry right now, IMO.

Testtrack321

Is THAT part of THAT scene really that important in the grand scheme of things?
I know different people like different things, but SSE has bigger fish to fry right now, IMO.

Like touch screens and missing lights! WOHO! Could it be that everything is still being worked on and that all of jumping to the whole "DISNEY IS KILLING SSE!" comments are blown out of proportion? I dunno, maybe it's just me...

Well, there are ways, just do you want to be kicked off Disney property forever for doing it? :p

aladdin2007

Ok I agree there are much bigger problems to fix and worry about. I guess I just meant that little lit coastal Phoenician scene was a nice magical touch. But ok on to the descent!

dxwwf3

Like touch screens and missing lights! WOHO! Could it be that everything is still being worked on and that all of jumping to the whole "DISNEY IS KILLING SSE!" comments are blown out of proportion? I dunno, maybe it's just me...

I don't mind the touch screens or that the lights are gone. Why not use the touch screens in a semi effective way though? Or why not have some decent music playing or have some nice narration going on. It seems to me you are getting way too pumped up about people not liking the ending. I don't know why that makes some people happy, but maybe it's just me

TTARider

I see no problem with the descent....finally a part of an attraction where i can get close to my significant other and not miss anything:drevil:

EPCOT Explorer

I miss threads about the wand.

Seriously,though at least they didn't dumb it down to Nemo or even the current JIYI...I'm pretty sure these problems in the decent will be fixed.

Testtrack321

I don't mind the touch screens or that the lights are gone. Why not use the touch screens in a semi effective way though? Or why not have some decent music playing or have some nice narration going on. It seems to me you are getting way too pumped up about people not liking the ending. I don't know why that makes some people happy, but maybe it's just me

Probably just the Vault I'm drinking and me working on my big circuits final tomorrow (AC ftw!)

I think we are in mutual understanding here, I agree with what you posed, just I'm looking at this half full (3 more months till official opening, they can add more, etc) opposed to others who are looking at this half empty (Disney ate my soul.)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom