SSE Reviews

EpcotServo

Should more be done, hell yes. But to suggest that somehow Disney is killing kittens and your childhood by putting touch screens in and turning off some lights is crazy.

Exactly.

Now guys, don't think that I'm dissing the old endings, trust me, I LOVE the old narration. Heck, if you ask me I would say I like the Irons track better. And I still LOVE the old music too. But how long do you think SSE in it's old form would have lasted? I would MUCH rather have SSE in an entertaining and educating form (with most everything I loved still in it.) then have let it sit in it's old form for a bunch of more years, only to be replaced with a thrill ride. Sure If I had it my way, I would've done some things diffrent. But what I DID see is an educational and entertaining ride that will last for many many more years, and preserving the original magic of Spaceship Earth at the same time. Can you imagine...little kids actully not SLEEPING on the decent back to unload?

:lol:

dxwwf3

Can you imagine...little kids actully not SLEEPING on the decent back to unload?

You make good points and I was just kidding with my previous post, but I must say:

WHY DOES EVERYTHING HAVE TO BE ABOUT KIDS?

I love kids, I work at an elementary school right now, but not everything has to be for them. Especially SSE. If they like what is there, then good (I know I did as a child), but not everything should be geared for them.

Off my soapbox :)

RWilliams

Premium Member
If the general population finds the current ending of Spaceship Earth not only acceptable but entertaining then my appologies to WDI. I must really be one in a million like mom always said :animwink: :lol: I thought I knew a little bit about the average person but I guess I have no idea what I'm talking about. :shrug:

They'd better not stick my head into that stupid cartoon! :lol:

EpcotServo

You make good points and I was just kidding with my previous post, but I must say:

WHY DOES EVERYTHING HAVE TO BE ABOUT KIDS?

I love kids, I work at an elementary school right now, but not everything has to be for them. Especially SSE. If they like what is there, then good (I know I did as a child), but not everything should be geared for them.

Off my soapbox :)

Maybe I should have proceeded my post by saying that I hate kids.

Seriously. I hate kids. Ask anybody.

I just think that (when done) the new ending will be really cool for regular guests. The only thing I'm worried about, is us passholders getting bored with it. Though it will be fun to test it's limits.

:D

dxwwf3

I just think that (when done) the new ending will be really cool for regular guests.

Maybe so. I hope they aren't done with it, but it's hard to argue if this is good enough for most people.

You just hit my number one pet peeve about WDW, unfortunately :wave:

Skippy_

Exactly.

Can you imagine...little kids actually not SLEEPING on the decent back to unload?

They never did, they just whipped out their DS and started doing touchscreen interactivity that doesn't have load time and is much more interesting!

It's that kind of thinking, what about the kids, that killed Alien Encounter! They need something for everyone and elderly people are loosing their choices in favor of teens and children.

Have fun on Test Track grandma :wave:

Skippy

PS: Keep in mind a lot of foreigners visit this park and their countries have technology that are light-years beyond ours (xbox, on a cell phone?). Touch screens will not impress!

PPS: They should literally surround you in the world of tomorrow instead of limiting it to a screen (many people spend all day at work looking at a screen and would really like a change on their vacation)!

EPCOT Explorer

See, that's what people HERE think, people who have been hyping this redo to the point of the great second coming of Epcot. You guys looked at the last ending as this amazing piece of work that others just saw as a total snooze fest. Should more be done, hell yes. But to suggest that somehow Disney is killing kittens and your childhood by putting touch screens in and turning off some lights is crazy.
True...It could be worse.But I am kinda apprehensive about SSE like this.

like people have been saying this ISN'T the final product, i wouldn't be criticizing anything until the referb is all said and done. just my opinion.

Same here.I suspect that some scenes will be added that interact with the screens

SweetMagic

Oh Meyla Weyla
Well, make that three, I guess.

You can make it four of us :D

I just think that (when done) the new ending will be really cool for regular guests. The only thing I'm worried about, is us passholders getting bored with it. Though it will be fun to test it's limits.

I am so certain that there is more work to do that will make this better, but in the mean time I am totally planning on punching in as many different answers as I can think of to see how many different cartoons I can create, and I don't even like cartoons! I have seen only four possibilities so far, so I'm sure there are many many more.

I can be patient and wait and see how it turns out in Feb. before I pass judgment. I thought that was what I was going to have to do anyway, so for me, riding yesterday was just like being in on a work in progress, nothing more. It still has two and a half months of time to be complete, whether we got to see it or not.

This may be the germaphobe side of me coming out but, after a while, just think of how many people would be touching those screens after sneezing or not washing their hands.
Yeah I know, its the same question with every ride when it comes to holding on, but this actually encourages you to touch it.

mousermerf

Account Suspended
I didn't even watch the cartoon on my second trip.. it's boring. My other half and i already argued over who got to do it, i won the first time, and the second i couldn't of cared less. That's how i know that there's tons of work lights, the old support system for the fiber-optic tunnel, and tons of black curtains in the descent.

DisneyAnole

This may be the germaphobe side of me coming out but, after a while, just think of how many people would be touching those screens after sneezing or not washing their hands.
Yeah I know, its the same question with every ride when it comes to holding on, but this actually encourages you to touch it.

I had thought about this too. Hope SSE CMs disinfect the screens a couple of times a day (though I doubt they will). But then again, I probably won't be playing with the screen...unless it's to commit some act of vandalism. :animwink:

imagineer boy

Alrighty, this is the part where wannabe@dis comes in and says "Disney finally rehabs SSE and yet people STILL complain. :rolleyes:"

:lookaroun

I agree with what dxwwf3 is saying, I like kids too but I really am getting tired of them constantly making attractions with only kids in mind ( SGE, Monsters Inc, Nemo, Grand Fiesta, etc. ).

mousermerf

Account Suspended
I had thought about this too. Hope SSE CMs disinfect the screens a couple of times a day (though I doubt they will). But then again, I probably won't be playing with the screen...unless it's to commit some act of vandalism. :animwink:

Come february and nothing is fixed, them screens goin down.

EPCOT Explorer

I didn't even watch the cartoon on my second trip.. it's boring. My other half and i already argued over who got to do it, i won the first time, and the second i couldn't of cared less. That's how i know that there's tons of work lights, the old support system for the fiber-optic tunnel, and tons of black curtains in the descent.
Hopefully they are covering up the unfinished "Future World"Sets that will be intergrated into the ride's narration and touchscreens

*crosses fingers*

aladdin2007

Hopefully they are covering up the unfinished "Future World"Sets that will be intergrated into the ride's narration and touchscreens

*crosses fingers*

agree hoping thats true but 80% of me feels like what you saw was it, I find it hard to believe they would have let guests on at all if it were not pretty much the way its going to be. I would love for that thought to be proven wrong but just looking at it from a reality perspective at this point. I know the sign says "while we put finishing touches on" but the descent is beyond needing finishing touches, it needs a descent!!!!

SweetMagic

Oh Meyla Weyla

Yeah, I was looking all around me from the second time forward also, but I'm just saying that while we wait for something better, or if this ends up being what we get, we can try to make the most of it by just fiddling with the thing to see what we can get it to do. It's better than looking at black curtains with a few twinkly lights on them.

dxwwf3

Alrighty, this is the part where wannabe@dis comes in and says "Disney finally rehabs SSE and yet people STILL complain. :rolleyes:"

Yes I'm actually surprised it has taken this long

I like the guy, but yes I'm very surprised he hasn't been all over these threads. He loves this stuff :lol:

DisneyAnole

I posted this question in another thread, but does anyone know if the flash animation vids are based on actual technologies or if are the vids just futuristic Jetsons-fantasy stuff?

I think Jose's video showed a device that could scan your body each day to tell you if you're healthy. Uh...what? That doesn't sound very realistic. Are all the possible flash animations similiarly fanciful. If so, that makes the ending even worse. If the content is a bunch of make-believe bullcrap, what's the point? To look at a future that's not even possible. Isn't that Tomorrowland's job? Oh wait, Tomorrowland is now Pixarland...

aladdin2007

Its not in any of the videos so far, but in the Phoenician scene, to its right side there was always this set with twinkling lights of a coastline and sea with a little tiny ship lit. Is that still there??

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom