SSE Reviews

Skippy_

There was no standing Jewish guy, except for the one on the balcony, who is still there. There is one less person sitting around the table though.
So your saying this guy is no longer there:

http://www.themagicinpixels.com/photos/photo.php?photo=989&exhibition=49&ee_lang=eng&u=316624,22

But this guy still is (the one right next to him):

http://www.themagicinpixels.com/photos/photo.php?photo=4524&exhibition=154&ee_lang=eng&u=318136,30

I didn't know because I haven't seen any pictures of the one standing since the refurb. We should count because I'm starting to think they've taken out more characters than they've added (maybe to balance out any additional maintenance the advanced figures might cause)!

I just hope the distant Phoenician ship returns :cry:

BTW Katya, most of what you said I already stated but thanks for sharing what you know. Here's a pic of the Egyptian scene from refurb 94' but no table in sight:

http://www.themagicinpixels.com/photos/photo.php?photo=978&exhibition=49&ee_lang=eng&u=316624,11

http://www.themagicinpixels.com/photos/photo.php?photo=4509&exhibition=154&ee_lang=eng&u=318136,15

Thanks everyone for the info :wave:

Skippy

Katya

So your saying this guy is no longer there:

http://www.themagicinpixels.com/photos/photo.php?photo=989&exhibition=49&ee_lang=eng&u=316624,22

But this guy still is (the one right next to him):

http://www.themagicinpixels.com/photos/photo.php?photo=4524&exhibition=154&ee_lang=eng&u=318136,30

I didn't know because I haven't seen any pictures of the one standing since the refurb. We should count because I'm starting to think they've taken out more characters than they've added (maybe to balance out any additional maintenance the advanced figures might cause)!

I just hope the distant Phoenician ship returns :cry:

BTW Katya, most of what you said I already stated but thanks for sharing what you know. Here's a pic of the Egyptian scene from refurb 94' but no table in sight:

http://www.themagicinpixels.com/photos/photo.php?photo=978&exhibition=49&ee_lang=eng&u=316624,11

http://www.themagicinpixels.com/photos/photo.php?photo=4509&exhibition=154&ee_lang=eng&u=318136,15

Thanks everyone for the info :wave:

Skippy

Ah, that's where I got confused. The standing guy you're referring to is technically a part of the monk scene (individually it's called Cathedral Abbey, it's really it's own show scene) so I wasn't equating it to the right side of the vehicle, which is Jewish/Islamic empire. Both the AAs in Cathedral Abbey are still there.

And aha, you're right about the table. It wasn't something I initially recognized as new, but when you had said that it was something I'd doubted.

And I don't think the distant ship will return. I know on more than one occasion I would hear people talk about not being happy with it because there was no way to light it that made it seem realistic enough, it would always cast the shadow which wouldn't really appear there.

echoscot

And I don't think the distant ship will return. I know on more than one occasion I would hear people talk about not being happy with it because there was no way to light it that made it seem realistic enough, it would always cast the shadow which wouldn't really appear there.

Ah, that's a shame because it was such a wonderful effect...oh well...nice memories on to new ones.

Skippy_

Ah, that's where I got confused. The standing guy you're referring to is technically a part of the monk scene (individually it's called Cathedral Abbey, it's really it's own show scene) so I wasn't equating it to the right side of the vehicle, which is Jewish/Islamic empire. Both the AAs in Cathedral Abbey are still there.

And aha, you're right about the table. It wasn't something I initially recognized as new, but when you had said that it was something I'd doubted.

Really disappointed the ship is gone, and the Egyptian making the hieroglyphics, and the theater scene (details add depth and character to the story), but happy you answered my question. Thanks for solving my curiosity!

Skippy

PS: The List of Changes!

1) Cave men
*New projection of Caveman fighting Mammoth replaces old effects
*Leader moves wonderfully
*Cave drawings move
2) Egyptians
*Papyrus maker now has a cap
*Pharaoh and co have new costumes and caps (advisor's Leopard coat is gone but he finally has a cap to cover his bald head)
*Pharaoh now has a table in front of him with a scroll he references
*Egyptian on the scaffolding removed
3) Phoenicians
*Boats more wavy and characters move great
*Area adjacent to them with the matte painting of a boat is gone
4) Greeks
*Two actors are replaced with an astronomy teacher and three students
5) Rome
*Movements look better and the projection does too
*Roman soldier now also have scroll in hand with a pile of junk at his feet
6) Islamics
*Down to three from four Arabs and they have new costumes and faces (one with a huge turban)
*All have great movement
7) Cathedral Abbey
*Writing Monk has realistic wrist action
*Updated set peices
8) Germans
*Gutenberg and co now have realistic movement
*Stacks of the first printed Bible are all over the set
9) Italians
*The two Berries & Cream guys have been replaced with a grey eybrowed Sam Elliott from Ghost Rider
*The male musician is older and now has a mustache
*Both musicians now have stands that they read their music off of
*They now have great movement
*Statue now politically correct
*Michelangelo now has realistic arm movement
10) The Age of Invention
*Newspapers now read Civil War Over (paper boy turned around and now shouts this with an actual kids voice)
*You can now hear what is being prepared for the Telegraph and figures have new movement
*Radio show actor has new costume, desk, shaved mustache off, and now has a hat and figure has new movement
*Radio station changed from WED to WDI
*Female radio actor is gone
*Sound recordist's desk has new props (the gong is gone)
*Lady in ticket booth now reads a news paper
*Movie montage (Snow White, 20,000 Leagues, Harold Lloyd) is now down to the one theater showing the Olympics
*Television montage (Wonderful World of Color, Ozzie and Harriet, NFL Championship Game) has become a detailed living room with the little girl moved off a stool and onto a chair to her right and the boy from the picture talk with the asian girl, all watching man's first steps on the moon
11) Computers
*Computer room replaces the picture talk and uses one new adult animatronics and a redecorated female from the radio show in place of the two kids
*Garage Scene replaces the same area with the invention of the personal computer and adds another animatronic
*Electronic babble neon lights replaced with matrix effect

dxwwf3

I thanked him again for what he did for the 25th Anniversary and told him I was glad to see the gallery still open. He told me that it would be open for most of next year which I think will make many people happy.

Are you talking about the Epcot history exhibit that was only supposed to stay open until the end of the year? If so, this would make me EXTREMELY happy that I'll get to see it this summer. And I'll get to show some friends that never got to see "EPCOT Center" as well.

darthjohnny

Not sure this has been mentioned in the 16 pages, but I believe the female actress doing the radio program isn't completely gone, but is now the new scientist in the NASA scene.

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Random factoid: The Amelia Earhardt question on the touch screen isn't so random, because it's based on the telegraph scene describing her journey. Though, next to no one hears it.. and well, i doubt many know morse code.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom