Trip Report Springin' Into WDW Solo! March 2016

I just got back from my second solo trip a couple weeks ago. I was there from March 19-24. It was a fabulous trip.

A little back story, I'm a teacher and my husband is a pastor, and since this year's Spring Break fell during Holy Week there wasn't anyway he could come with me. So I decided to travel solo again, first solo trip was last March. I want to be home for Easter so my plan was just for a Saturday-Thursday trip, in the end I wish I had spent the whole week there, but I always want more time in WDW.

Before I move on to the report here a couple links to the other two trip reports I've done recently and ever.....
http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/...ts-wdw-november-2015-lots-of-pictures.907613/
http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/back-to-disneyland-ringin-in-2016.909039/

So Saturday March 19th came and my husband drove me to the airport early for my 8 am flight. I had been wide awake since 1:30am, I was so excited I just couldn't sleep. The flight was pushed back an hour because of supposedly icy roads. The pilot told us the flight crew was delayed because of icy roads; I didn't quite buy that story as even though it had been lightly snowing the roads weren't bad at all. My flight was on Spirit so I was a little nervous as I had heard bad things about them, but I had a big seat in the first row and my flight, even though delayed, was very nice.

Okay, finally in Orlando and I made my way to the Magical Express. It seems as if delay was the theme of the day, we were on the bus ready to go and then we were delayed because the driver got sick. Luckily it wasn't a long delay, 5 minutes later a new driver was there and we were on our way.

IMG_5435.JPG

IMG_5437.JPG

And it was raining so it put a bit of a damper on arrival! Sorry for the pun, nothing could dampen my excitement!
IMG_5442.JPG

My resort this time was the All Star Sports, mostly because it was the cheapest. To be honest for years, I have avoided the All Stars like the plague, but I stayed at the Movies last year and enjoyed it and my stay at the Sports was enjoyable too. I have a stay booked for the Music in June, so I hope my luck holds out!
IMG_5446.JPG

My room at the Sports, a little sparse in decoration. But it was clean, very close to the bus stop, and the bed was comfortable.
IMG_5450.JPG

IMG_5451.JPG

IMG_5452.JPG

I had done online check in and I got a text about 10 minutest after leaving the airport that my room was ready. I really like just being able to go to my room.

Last edited:

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
Original Poster
Some of these photos are really spectacular. Just wondering--do you have some sort of zoom lens on your camera? Or, in the case of the B&B show, (as just one example), were you up front, close to the stage? I'm just wondering how you got some of these great close-up pictures.

I just use the zoom that is in my camera. In the B&B show I was sitting fairly close to the back. I have to be careful though when I used the zoom if I go to far it just looks grainy. I also have to be careful to hold the camera steady, the slightest shake seems to make it blurry, if it my blood sugar gets low (which often happens at WDW with all the walking) then I shake and sometimes it isn't noticeable to me but apparently the camera picks it up.

You are catching in your photos so many things I have never seemed to notice, and I've been to Disney a lot! Really enjoying your report - I'm headed there in 48 days for my Solo 50th Birthday Trip!! Can't wait and you are making me even more excited to be able to just stroll around and see things that are new to me!

Happy Birthday in advance! I hope you enjoy your solo trip. One of my goals for this solo trip (besides relaxing and having fun) was to slow down and take in the details. There really is a lot to see at Disney and some of the best stuff isn't attractions.

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
Original Poster
Those sliders look really good, yes I know I just said that out loud. Seeing those can't be in my future I'm just going to have to make due with one of those tasty looking mojitos:joyfull:

I think I should start dreaming about those sliders, I can't even pick which one I liked better. The mojitos was fantastic too, I get it without sugar so it isn't too sweet.

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
Original Poster
Day 2 started early, it was EMH at Hollywood Studios. I headed to the food court for a little breakfast and coffee. I was staying in the Touchdown section of the All Star Sports so since there weren't many people around (it was 6:30am) I was able to get a couple good shots until the rain started.
IMG_5621.JPG

IMG_5622.JPG

And here is a selfie of me, that is the problem of traveling alone...selfie pictures.
IMG_5623.JPG

IMG_5624.JPG

The food court area was cute, I liked the sport pictures of Mickey and the gang.
IMG_5627.JPG

And now a picture you will all be jealous of...my biscuits and gravy for breakfast. I always think they are going to tast better than they do. It was something to fill me up though. The coffee was actually pretty good, but it was really hot. It didn't really cool down until right before I got on the bus. But drinking my coffee on the bus was a nice way to start a Disney day.

IMG_5632.JPG

A last look at the food court before heading out for the bus, luckily the rain had stopped....for now.
IMG_5633.JPG

IMG_5639.JPG

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
Original Poster
It was EMH at Hollywood Studios so that is where I started the day! I was able to fit in a Toy Story and drop in a few time at the Tower of Terror before official park opening.

It was EMH at Hollywood Studios so that is where I started the day! I was able to fit in a Toy Story and drop in a few times (3) at the Tower of Terror, a Star Tours before official park opening.

IMG_5640.JPG

It was a little rainy now and the "rush" to Toy Story wasn't too bad, but when I got off the ride the return time was already at 45 minutes.
IMG_5641.JPG

IMG_5644.JPG

Surprise, surprise I was the winner!
IMG_5648.JPG

IMG_5650.JPG

Time for Tower!
IMG_5654.JPG

IMG_5662.JPG

IMG_5657.JPG

IMG_5658.JPG

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
Original Poster
Then a quick trip to the Launch Bay. A lot of it was similar to the Launch Bay in Disneyland.
IMG_5705.JPG

IMG_5708.JPG

IMG_5709.JPG

IMG_5714.JPG

Some Jawa's were roaming around and up for trading. I traded one of my Smartie's candy rolls for a small piece of a toy droid. It was a little creepy trading with them, because of the glowing eyes and that they don't talk.
IMG_5718.JPG

IMG_5719.JPG

And then back to the bus, it was basically empty (a family was seated in front).
IMG_5721.JPG

So that is it for the update today. Coming up tomorrow...a delicious lunch at Captain's Grille, Spring at Disney Springs, and Magic Kingdom madness!

Cesar R M

just use the zoom that is in my camera. In the B&B show I was sitting fairly close to the back. I have to be careful though when I used the zoom if I go to far it just looks grainy. I also have to be careful to hold the camera steady, the slightest shake seems to make it blurry, if it my blood sugar gets low (which often happens at WDW with all the walking) then I shake and sometimes it isn't noticeable to me but apparently the camera picks it up.
There are some cameras that have excellent image stabilization.
You can also use these high end cameras (4k camcorders) and then use an stabilization software on a computer.
This should fix all the issues :>

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
Original Poster
Back to day two...Once I left the Studios I went back to the Sports to meet my Dad. He lives about an hour away from WDW so we met up for lunch. He doesn't like to drive long distances but he felt comfortable driving to the Sports (my sister convinced him it was an easy drive from his house). I let him pick a restaurant and he picked Captain's Grille at the Yacht Club.

Once at the Yacht Club we were early for our lunch ADR so I got us a couple of beers from the Crew's Cup and we sat in some rocking chairs overlooking the pool.
FullSizeRender(1).jpg

The lunch at Captain's Grille was really great. The food was awesome, our server Jeff was one of the best I've ever had, and we had a nice view of the pool area. The last time I'd been to Captain's Grille was for dinner in 2009, and I enjoyed it then. Actually the last time I was there was with my dad, mom, and husband. Maybe that is why Dad picked the restaurant.
Dad and I shared the tomato soup.
IMG_5729.JPG

I had a steak sandwich, and it had a shallot mayonnaise on it that was good. I got extra to dip my fries in (sorry no pictures of it).
IMG_5730.JPG

So after a long but enjoyable lunch Dad headed home and I headed to Disney Springs. I hadn't been there in a couple of trips and I was eager to see the changes.
IMG_5736.JPG

I stopped in to see some Disney art at the Art of Disney. I thought the figment and the Mickey and Minnie (Mary and Burt) picture were wonderful but too expensive.
IMG_5738.JPG

IMG_5739.JPG

I liked the new display at the Coop for the TAG stuff was cool.
IMG_5741.JPG

IMG_5742.JPG

Then a few views of Disney Springs.
IMG_5744.JPG

IMG_5745.JPG

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
Original Poster
I did a little shopping at Basin. I bought a Mickey bath bomb, I'm excited to try it but I'm waiting for the right time. I thought the Mickey soap was cute too, so I bought a couple bars.
IMG_5748.JPG

IMG_5750.JPG

Then I wandered through the World of Disney, and I think for the first time in my life I didn't buy anything. When I told my husband he asked if I was feeling okay.
IMG_5753.JPG

IMG_5756.JPG

It was fun to see some of the new parts of Disney Springs. I didn't have a lot of time to explore, but I'll budget more time in June.
IMG_5758.JPG

IMG_5759.JPG

IMG_5761.JPG

IMG_5762.JPG

IMG_5763.JPG

I decided to get a little treat at the Ganachery. I got a piece of chocolate hazelnut candy. It was good, but for the price ($3) and the size (about a square inch) it really wasn't worth it.
IMG_5765.JPG

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
Original Poster
I left Disney Springs and caught a bus to the Contemporary and took the walking path to the Magic Kingdom.
IMG_5769.JPG

First attraction at the Magic Kingdom...7 Dwarfs Mine Train. By the time I got there I had about 2 minutes left until my fast pass expired. I do like 7D but it is so short, the characters in the mine are just amazing though.
IMG_5772 (2).JPG

After the Mine Train I decided to sit for a bit and enjoy the atmosphere of Fantasyland. Here was my view in one direction....
IMG_5774.JPG

As I sat there I heard some commotion in the bushes and I saw some birds. I really love this picture, it was the first shot I took of the birds and the only one I kept.
IMG_5776.JPG

I then wandered through the castle and looked around at the hub.
IMG_5777.JPG

IMG_5778.JPG

IMG_5782.JPG

IMG_5783.JPG

IMG_5789.JPG

IMG_5793.JPG

More tomorrow....

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
Original Poster
Alone time in MK sounds great!

It is! :)

More of a great TR thnx. BTW do you remember how much Figment was I have a place on my wall for him. LOL

Sorry Figgy, I can't remember how much it was. I think you deserve a splurge though! ;)

I'm not a big "Star Tours" fan but it was neat to hear the Jawa's are just randomly walking around. I think it's a nice touch. We went to IOA a few years ago and They had Who's just walking around in Suess Land.

I'm not the biggest Star Wars fan either, but I like the Jawas walking around. It is a nice touch, the Launch Bay in Disneyland didn't have them. I was going to give my candy to a kid so they could trade but by the time I dug out my candy out of my purse there weren't any kids left in the area.

I loved your MK pictures! Can't wait to read your next installment!

Thanks for joining my trip report! I'm glad that you are enjoying it.

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
Original Poster
A view more views around the hub. I was really diggin' the purple color of the flowers. I don't mind the new design of the hub area, but I really miss having benches in the area. I can understand that they got rid of them for traffic flow, but a few would be really nice to take in the atmosphere.
IMG_5794.JPG

IMG_5797.JPG

IMG_5799.JPG

IMG_5801.JPG

Ducks!! They told me they weren't related to Donald.

IMG_5807.JPG

IMG_5810.JPG

IMG_5814.JPG

I moved into Tomorrowland and I saw the Peoplemover was down, but it made a nice photo op.
IMG_5817.JPG

Then I had a fast pass for Space Mountain. It isn't my favorite ride, but one I like to do occasionally. I prefer Disneyland's Space Mountain better.
IMG_5821.JPG
IMG_5818.JPG

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom