Trip Report Springin' Into WDW Solo! March 2016

I just got back from my second solo trip a couple weeks ago. I was there from March 19-24. It was a fabulous trip.

A little back story, I'm a teacher and my husband is a pastor, and since this year's Spring Break fell during Holy Week there wasn't anyway he could come with me. So I decided to travel solo again, first solo trip was last March. I want to be home for Easter so my plan was just for a Saturday-Thursday trip, in the end I wish I had spent the whole week there, but I always want more time in WDW.

Before I move on to the report here a couple links to the other two trip reports I've done recently and ever.....
http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/...ts-wdw-november-2015-lots-of-pictures.907613/
http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/back-to-disneyland-ringin-in-2016.909039/

So Saturday March 19th came and my husband drove me to the airport early for my 8 am flight. I had been wide awake since 1:30am, I was so excited I just couldn't sleep. The flight was pushed back an hour because of supposedly icy roads. The pilot told us the flight crew was delayed because of icy roads; I didn't quite buy that story as even though it had been lightly snowing the roads weren't bad at all. My flight was on Spirit so I was a little nervous as I had heard bad things about them, but I had a big seat in the first row and my flight, even though delayed, was very nice.

Okay, finally in Orlando and I made my way to the Magical Express. It seems as if delay was the theme of the day, we were on the bus ready to go and then we were delayed because the driver got sick. Luckily it wasn't a long delay, 5 minutes later a new driver was there and we were on our way.

IMG_5435.JPG

IMG_5437.JPG

And it was raining so it put a bit of a damper on arrival! Sorry for the pun, nothing could dampen my excitement!
IMG_5442.JPG

My resort this time was the All Star Sports, mostly because it was the cheapest. To be honest for years, I have avoided the All Stars like the plague, but I stayed at the Movies last year and enjoyed it and my stay at the Sports was enjoyable too. I have a stay booked for the Music in June, so I hope my luck holds out!
IMG_5446.JPG

My room at the Sports, a little sparse in decoration. But it was clean, very close to the bus stop, and the bed was comfortable.
IMG_5450.JPG

IMG_5451.JPG

IMG_5452.JPG

I had done online check in and I got a text about 10 minutest after leaving the airport that my room was ready. I really like just being able to go to my room.

Last edited:

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
Original Poster
After I checked out my room, and unpacked the small bag I had with me, I was off to the parks. Off to Hollywood Studios.Once there I had some time before my first fast pass (Tower, TOy Story, and Star Tours), so I decided I hadn't had much for lunch (just a sandwich I had brought from home on the plane), so I stopped at Starring Rolls. I got a cupcake there and I was still hungry and I wanted an adult beverage so I walked next door to the Brown Derby Lounge. Luckily it wasn't raining anymore.

IMG_5454.JPG

IMG_5455.JPG

I got the St. Patty's cupcake, chocolate with a nice light mint frosting. The hat was made out of white chocolate. I don't care for white chocolate, so after the one bite of that I discarded it.
IMG_5460.JPG

IMG_5462.JPG

I got a mojito and the derby sliders. The derby sliders are delicious! The one on the left is duck confit with crispy leeks and a cole slaw (and I normally hate cole slaw), and on the right is a a waygu beef, with gouda, bacon, aoli (of some sort), tomato, and avacado). It came with a nice amount of homemade chips. Really it was heavenly!
IMG_5463.JPG

I still had time before my first fast pass so I killed some time wandering on Sunset Blvd, and caught a showing of the Beauty and the Beast stage show. I hadn't seen it in awhile and it was really well done. (More of those pictures tomorrow...)
IMG_5464.JPG

IMG_5468.JPG

IMG_5470.JPG

Alright, I'm out for the night. I'll be back with more of day one tomorrow....

donaldtoo

I just got back from my second solo trip a couple weeks at. I was there from March 19-24. It was a fabulous trip.

A little back story, I'm a teacher and my husband is a pastor, and since this year's Spring Break fell during Holy Week there wasn't anyway he could come with me. So I decided to travel solo again, first solo trip was last March. I want to be home for Easter so my plan was just for a Saturday-Thursday trip, in the end I wish I had spent the whole week there, but I always want more time in WDW.

Before I move on to the report here a couple links to the other two trip reports I've done recently and ever.....
http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/...ts-wdw-november-2015-lots-of-pictures.907613/
http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/back-to-disneyland-ringin-in-2016.909039/

So Saturday March 19th came and my husband drove me to the airport early for my 8 am flight. I had been wide awake since 1:30am, I was so excited I just couldn't sleep. The flight was pushed back an hour because of supposedly icy roads. The pilot told us the flight crew was delayed because of icy roads; I didn't quite buy that story as even though it had been lightly snowing the roads weren't bad at all. My flight was on Spirit so I was a little nervous as I had heard bad things about them, but I had a big seat in the first row and my flight, even though delayed, was very nice.

Okay, finally in Orlando and I made my way to the Magical Express. It seems as if delay was the theme of the day, we were on the bus ready to go and then we were delayed because the driver got sick. Luckily it wasn't a long delay, 5 minutes later a new driver was there and we were on our way.

View attachment 136815

View attachment 136817

And it was raining so it put a bit of a damper on arrival! Sorry for the pun, nothing could dampen my excitement!
View attachment 136818

My resort this time was the All Star Sports, mostly because it was the cheapest. To be honest for years, I have avoided the All Stars like the plague, but I stayed at the Movies last year and enjoyed it and my stay at the Sports was enjoyable too. I have a stay booked for the Music in June, so I hope my luck holds out!
View attachment 136819

My room at the Sports, a little sparse in decoration. But it was clean, very close to the bus stop, and the bed was comfortable.
View attachment 136820

View attachment 136821

View attachment 136822

I had done online check in and I got a text about 10 minutest after leaving the airport that my room was ready. I really like just being able to go to my room.

We've stayed at ASMusic in a family suite 3 times (including this past Princess 5K trip) and have loved it every time...! :)

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
Original Poster
So continuing on.....I enjoyed the Beauty and the Beast show (I think I will have to go back in June).

IMG_5475.JPG

IMG_5484.JPG

IMG_5496.JPG

IMG_5511.JPG

After the show, I used my FP for Tower and it is always a great ride. Then I wandered the Streets of America, it was a final goodbye. It was kind of strange walking around without the Christmas lights up/on, since that is how I have usually seen it the last couple visits.
IMG_5549.JPG

IMG_5553.JPG

IMG_5558.JPG

IMG_5563.JPG

IMG_5565.JPG

IMG_5569.JPG

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
Original Poster
I also wandered around the Echo Lake area in between my Toy Story fast pass and my Star Tours fast pass.
IMG_5575.JPG

IMG_5577.JPG

IMG_5579.JPG

IMG_5582.JPG

And here is a picture I took in the lobby of the Tower (a little out of order for my report, but we'll survive).
IMG_5586.JPG

IMG_5589.JPG

Star Tours! I do like the new scenes in it, it is incorporated into the ride well. (Side note: my husband is a big Star Wars fan, and to irritate him I started calling Star Wars Star Tours, and now it is so ingrained in me I tend to do it whenever I talk about Star Wars. Non-Disney people I know tend to get confused.)
IMG_5590.JPG

And Kylo Ren in the new show...he may look cool but I just can't be a fan. Even though you should have seen the movie by now I won't be a spoiler. But see the movie and you'll know why I can't be a Kylo fan.
IMG_5594.JPG

Then I had some laughs with the Muppet's. Before I did I saw that the fast pass kiosk was open so I decided to see what was available. Not much, but there was a Fantasmic time open. So I figured that was work out well. I could see that and still make it to Hollywood Blvd in time to see the Star Tours, I mean Star Wars fireworks. :cautious:;)
IMG_5600.JPG

IMG_5605.JPG

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
Original Poster
So to end day one,I wandered to Launch Bay. I was surprised to see the troopers marching out front. I was a little excited too, hence the blurry pictures.
IMG_5607.JPG

IMG_5610.JPG

IMG_5612.JPG

Then a view of the tower at night. I really love this ride.
IMG_5614.JPG

I saw Fantasmic. I wasn't in a really good section for picture taking so I did something different...I just sat and watched the show...no pictures :eek::arghh:

I left my Fantasmic seat when the boat came out so I wouldn't have to walk with the herd of people back to Hollywood Blvd. I actually had a nice walking view of the end of the show. I walked around the whole area of the Hollywood Blvd and Echo Lake trying to decide on where to go. I ended up in the Echo Lake area. It was very good for watching the show, not a lot of people and a nice wide view of the fireworks the big BUT is that the music for the fireworks wasn't very loud. In fact sometimes I could hear the background music of the area.
I was Face timing it for my husband and he commented on the volume of the music too. At one point he was like why is there Indiana Jones music? Which I thought was funny, but since I'm a bigger fan of Indy I actually enjoyed! Since I was face timing I only took one decent picture of the fireworks that night. Actually I didn't feel bad face timing in that area because I didn't feel I was intruding on anyone's experience. The closest person was over 10 feet away from me.

IMG_5617.JPG

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Some of these photos are really spectacular. Just wondering--do you have some sort of zoom lens on your camera? Or, in the case of the B&B show, (as just one example), were you up front, close to the stage? I'm just wondering how you got some of these great close-up pictures.

cgersic

I also wandered around the Echo Lake area in between my Toy Story fast pass and my Star Tours fast pass.
View attachment 137041

View attachment 137042

View attachment 137043

View attachment 137044
And here is a picture I took in the lobby of the Tower (a little out of order for my report, but we'll survive).
View attachment 137045
View attachment 137046
Star Tours! I do like the new scenes in it, it is incorporated into the ride well. (Side note: my husband is a big Star Wars fan, and to irritate him I started calling Star Wars Star Tours, and now it is so ingrained in me I tend to do it whenever I talk about Star Wars. Non-Disney people I know tend to get confused.)
View attachment 137047

And Kylo Ren in the new show...he may look cool but I just can't be a fan. Even though you should have seen the movie by now I won't be a spoiler. But see the movie and you'll know why I can't be a Kylo fan.
View attachment 137048

Then I had some laughs with the Muppet's. Before I did I saw that the fast pass kiosk was open so I decided to see what was available. Not much, but there was a Fantasmic time open. So I figured that was work out well. I could see that and still make it to Hollywood Blvd in time to see the Star Tours, I mean Star Wars fireworks. :cautious:;)
View attachment 137049
View attachment 137050
You are catching in your photos so many things I have never seemed to notice, and I've been to Disney a lot! Really enjoying your report - I'm headed there in 48 days for my Solo 50th Birthday Trip!! Can't wait and you are making me even more excited to be able to just stroll around and see things that are new to me!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom