Trip Report Springin' Into WDW Solo! March 2016

I just got back from my second solo trip a couple weeks ago. I was there from March 19-24. It was a fabulous trip.

A little back story, I'm a teacher and my husband is a pastor, and since this year's Spring Break fell during Holy Week there wasn't anyway he could come with me. So I decided to travel solo again, first solo trip was last March. I want to be home for Easter so my plan was just for a Saturday-Thursday trip, in the end I wish I had spent the whole week there, but I always want more time in WDW.

Before I move on to the report here a couple links to the other two trip reports I've done recently and ever.....
http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/...ts-wdw-november-2015-lots-of-pictures.907613/
http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/back-to-disneyland-ringin-in-2016.909039/

So Saturday March 19th came and my husband drove me to the airport early for my 8 am flight. I had been wide awake since 1:30am, I was so excited I just couldn't sleep. The flight was pushed back an hour because of supposedly icy roads. The pilot told us the flight crew was delayed because of icy roads; I didn't quite buy that story as even though it had been lightly snowing the roads weren't bad at all. My flight was on Spirit so I was a little nervous as I had heard bad things about them, but I had a big seat in the first row and my flight, even though delayed, was very nice.

Okay, finally in Orlando and I made my way to the Magical Express. It seems as if delay was the theme of the day, we were on the bus ready to go and then we were delayed because the driver got sick. Luckily it wasn't a long delay, 5 minutes later a new driver was there and we were on our way.

IMG_5435.JPG

IMG_5437.JPG

And it was raining so it put a bit of a damper on arrival! Sorry for the pun, nothing could dampen my excitement!
IMG_5442.JPG

My resort this time was the All Star Sports, mostly because it was the cheapest. To be honest for years, I have avoided the All Stars like the plague, but I stayed at the Movies last year and enjoyed it and my stay at the Sports was enjoyable too. I have a stay booked for the Music in June, so I hope my luck holds out!
IMG_5446.JPG

My room at the Sports, a little sparse in decoration. But it was clean, very close to the bus stop, and the bed was comfortable.
IMG_5450.JPG

IMG_5451.JPG

IMG_5452.JPG

I had done online check in and I got a text about 10 minutest after leaving the airport that my room was ready. I really like just being able to go to my room.

Last edited:

Beckett

Awesome trip report :) my daughter and I stayed at AS Music last December and she wants to stay at AS Sports and she loved your pictures! The topiaries are lovely, I wish I could visit in March, but I am a teacher and only get to travel during Christmas and Summer. Your are right about the selfie pictures, I travel alone with my daughter most of the time and most of the pictures of both of us are selfies, I still love them! Also, I am now dreaming of The Friar's Nook, so yummy :inlove: I didn't get to eat there on my last trip and regret it so much. Thanks for your trip report!

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
Original Poster
Awesome trip report :) my daughter and I stayed at AS Music last December and she wants to stay at AS Sports and she loved your pictures! The topiaries are lovely, I wish I could visit in March, but I am a teacher and only get to travel during Christmas and Summer. Your are right about the selfie pictures, I travel alone with my daughter most of the time and most of the pictures of both of us are selfies, I still love them! Also, I am now dreaming of The Friar's Nook, so yummy :inlove: I didn't get to eat there on my last trip and regret it so much. Thanks for your trip report!

I'm glad that you and your daughter liked my report. My husband and I are staying at the Music for the first time in under 40 days! I am a teacher too so I understand about traveling during Christmas and Summer. Our district does a spring break every other year so sometimes I can sneak down then or if I take my personal days I can go for a short time. Hopefully you will be able to try the Friar's Nook next time you go, it is tasty!

Tiggerish

Resident Redhead
Premium Member
Just stumbled into this fine trip report...

After I checked out my room, and unpacked the small bag I had with me, I was off to the parks. Off to Hollywood Studios.Once there I had some time before my first fast pass (Tower, TOy Story, and Star Tours), so I decided I hadn't had much for lunch (just a sandwich I had brought from home on the plane), so I stopped at Starring Rolls. I got a cupcake there and I was still hungry and I wanted an adult beverage so I walked next door to the Brown Derby Lounge. Luckily it wasn't raining anymore.

View attachment 136823

View attachment 136824

I got the St. Patty's cupcake, chocolate with a nice light mint frosting. The hat was made out of white chocolate. I don't care for white chocolate, so after the one bite of that I discarded it.
View attachment 136825

View attachment 136826

I got a mojito and the derby sliders. The derby sliders are delicious! The one on the left is duck confit with crispy leeks and a cole slaw (and I normally hate cole slaw), and on the right is a a waygu beef, with gouda, bacon, aoli (of some sort), tomato, and avacado). It came with a nice amount of homemade chips. Really it was heavenly!
View attachment 136827

I still had time before my first fast pass so I killed some time wandering on Sunset Blvd, and caught a showing of the Beauty and the Beast stage show. I hadn't seen it in awhile and it was really well done. (More of those pictures tomorrow...)
View attachment 136828

View attachment 136829

View attachment 136830
Alright, I'm out for the night. I'll be back with more of day one tomorrow....

Those sliders look amazing!! I hope they're still serving them on my next trip.
I love the animal trails at AK too, nice to see so many of the big cats active.
Great photos, great tour of WDW.

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
Original Poster
Just stumbled into this fine trip report...

Those sliders look amazing!! I hope they're still serving them on my next trip.
I love the animal trails at AK too, nice to see so many of the big cats active.
Great photos, great tour of WDW.

Glad you are liking the report. The Derby sliders are awesome, I hope they stay around for a long time.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Wonderful trip report!! You also took some really excellent photos to accompany your commentary. (That's why I never do my own TR--my pictures are pathetic :eek: next to the ones from the professional photographers like yourself! :happy: )

Thanks for providing such an enjoyable and interesting TR. :joyfull: Can't wait to read your next one, whenever you get back to the "World".

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
Original Poster
Wonderful trip report!! You also took some really excellent photos to accompany your commentary. (That's why I never do my own TR--my pictures are pathetic :eek: next to the ones from the professional photographers like yourself! :happy: )

Thanks for providing such an enjoyable and interesting TR. :joyfull: Can't wait to read your next one, whenever you get back to the "World".

Thanks, I'm glad you liked it. And thank you for you lovely comments about my pictures, I just take pictures for fun and try to be a little creative. The next trip is coming up in 30 days!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom