SPOILERS: WandaVision Discussion / Reactions to Most Recent Episodes

Timmay

Its stupid in comics too and lowers the stakes. what works in one medium does not mean it can work in another.
I think for these stories, in print as well as on screen, it’s a fine line of killing someone off permanently and upsetting the fans of their favorite characters. To me the excitement and adventure is not if someone comes back, but rather how and when, and the ramifications of that return.

Jedijax719

I wouldn't be surprised if they brought back Hahn/Agatha the way POTC brought back Barbosa. Not from the dead but as a villain coming back to be an ally.

But we still have the whole Feige "you shouldn't need to watch the TV shows to understand the movies" thing. I don't know how long that can possibly last, especially considering the credit scenes and considering Monica's involvement in Captain Marvel 2 and the Darkhold being introduced.

UNCgolf

So I'm probably going to get killed here, but I'm going to say it. I hated Darcy. I just saw no point to her at all, and I think your statement helped me realize edgy. Superfluous is the perfect word.

She was absolutely pointless. I think the only reason she was in the show was to further tie it to the existing MCU.

The Wanda and Vision stuff was mostly excellent. The stuff with SWORD and the rest was very formulaic. I enjoyed it, but I doubt I'd ever watch it again except for maybe the first 2-3 episodes.

I also just want to reiterate that the "They'll never know what you sacrificed for them" is one of the most tone-deaf lines I've ever heard in any show or movie. It's baffling that someone wrote that line and everyone was fine with it.

Last edited:

waltography

She was absolutely pointless. I think the only reason she was in the show was to further tie it to the existing MCU.
I don’t think she was completely pointless; she brought some sarcastic levity to the “real” world part of the show and was a nice balance to Monica’s seriousness and Jimmy’s geekiness.

I definitely agree she was used to tie into the existing MCU though; I personally thought it was nice to see her again instead of some rando. Maybe it’s to get her back on the radar before Love & Thunder?

UNCgolf

I don’t think she was completely pointless; she brought some sarcastic levity to the “real” world part of the show and was a nice balance to Monica’s seriousness and Jimmy’s geekiness.

I definitely agree she was used to tie into the existing MCU though; I personally thought it was nice to see her again instead of some rando. Maybe it’s to get her back on the radar before Love & Thunder?

They didn't even need some rando, though, which is the thing. Her character could have been cut completely without a replacement and it wouldn't have affected the show. Nothing she did was integral to the plot, and the stuff she did do could have been handled by another character or rewritten slightly to make unnecessary.

I also wonder if she will show up in Love & Thunder.

Last edited:

MarvelCharacterNerd

Britney Spears' "Toxic"? Because it's the same four note opening as the WandaVision theme. lol Drove me nuts till I realized why it was so catchy/familiar!

WandaVision theme - (listen to the four notes at the 1:38 mark):

Britney Spears' "Toxic" - (listen to the first three seconds of the song):

MarvelCharacterNerd

Second off, WHERE WAS DR. STRANGE? No, seriously it is his job to protect reality. Wanda is a huge threat to reality and according to Agatha she is more powerful then the Sorcerer Supreme. How did no one call him about the huge reality warping bubble located RIGHT NEXT TO NEW YORK.
Totally legit question that I hope they answer in Doctor Strange 2.

Otherwise the answer is 'the same place Nick Fury's pager was in the first Avengers film when Earth was about to be destroyed/conquered' (not being used) :D

waltography

Britney Spears' "Toxic"? Because it's the same four note opening as the WandaVision theme. lol Drove me nuts till I realized why it was so catchy/familiar!

WandaVision theme - (listen to the four notes at the 1:38 mark):

Britney Spears' "Toxic" - (listen to the first three seconds of the song):

So Britney Spears is part of the MCU? I'm into that. 😂

1HAPPYGHOSTHOST

I agree. The shows format really built the tension and anticipation up each week. With that, you needed a solid holy poop ending. But for as much as I really enjoyed each episode and their build up. The ending was a small letdown in my opinion. I wouldn't say the ending was bad, it had some really good moments. But the overall impact of the end, just wasn't there. Sure we got that Monica/photon will be in captain marvel 2 and the final post credit scene is leading to Dr strange. But if those scenes never happened, it still doesn't matter. I did think Feige would have gone bigger picture with the show, because of all the hints and easter eggs thrown around.

Hopefully this isn’t an indication for falcon and winter soldier. Hopefully they just used Wandavision as a test to see how people reacted to the show. And now since the viewership was strong, as far as I can tell, they can become bolder in the different shows impact on the MCU.

Even with the ending being a small letdown, I still really enjoyed the show overall. I will probably re-watch it after spider-man no way home and multiverse of madness. I'm hoping there is more there that will be an oh yea, that happened in Wandavision, moments. Maybe after seeing what happens in the 2 movies focusing on the multiverse, it will bring new context to some of the scenes in Wandavision.
Overall I enjoyed it too. Even when the MCU is weak or mediocre or at it's worst (Thor the Dark World/Iron Man 3) it is still not horrible by any means. It still always manages to be entertaining. I overall liked the show but feel it was over hyped and very on the mediocre side of things but it was still entertaining. Not bad, but I hated Agatha's costume. It looked like someone from the costume department stopped by Spirit Halloween on the way to the set and purchased "GENERIC WITCH COSTUME". Felt they could have done way better. It reminded me of a costume from a bad 90's super hero film. The witch costumes in Hocus Pocus looked better.

Last edited:

DonaldDoleWhip

Solid review that largely captures how I feel.

The disappointment isn't just about fan theories being wrong, it's more that the ending was generic MCU (and agreed with those who feel the S.W.O.R.D. interludes were the weakest part of the show).

Still, the acting, intrigue, and core cast kept it enjoyable all the way through.

Phicinfan

Totally legit question that I hope they answer in Doctor Strange 2.

Otherwise the answer is 'the same place Nick Fury's pager was in the first Avengers film when Earth was about to be destroyed/conquered' (not being used) :D
My theory on this....
First, her chaos power is not magic per say, she is learning magic with the Dark Hold. I believe Dr. Strange is focused on supernatural events, which I am not sure Wanda yet reach.
I believe the tie in with Dr. Strange will be what she learns from the Dark Hold, and what she may do to reach her kids who were screaming for help at the end of the 2nd post credit scene.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Also I am so tired of characters coming back to life and ruining the great original endings they had. Vision lives, Loki is alive, We got past Gamora running around in the present somewhere. No one stays dead and its starting to make me roll my eyes.
Have you NEVER read a comic book? That is literally a standard trope in EVERY comic book story like EVER.

Last edited:

Bairstow

Have you NEVER read a comic book? That is literally a standard troupe in EVERY comic book story like EVER.
No one's ever really gone.

So the purple witch was the good one, right? I assume that when she said that Wanda was going to destroy the world she had a good reason for thinking so.

Also, why was the head SWORD dude arrested and how on earth did some low-level FBI dude have the authority to do so? Wouldn't the head of SWORD basically be like a JCS-level official?

Disney Irish

Premium Member
No one's ever really gone.
Yep, in comics literally anyone can come back through a plot device. Its been done for over 80 years of comics, so why expect the MCU to be any different when they follow the source material.

So the purple witch was the good one, right? I assume that when she said that Wanda was going to destroy the world she had a good reason for thinking so.
I wouldn't call Agatha good. She wanted to "steal" Wanda's powers.

Also, why was the head SWORD dude arrested and how on earth did some low-level FBI dude have the authority to do so? Wouldn't the head of SWORD basically be like a JCS-level official?
He was arrested because his plan was to kill Wanda and destroy "Hex" Vision in order to have "his" Vision he could control, he admitted it right to Jimmy. As for why the FBI can arrest him, SWORD is not above all laws, the FBI is still the domestic law enforcement agency even in the MCU.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
I have already said it is stupid in comics too.
Well then there are plenty of other shows and movies out there you can watch. But since its been part of comic stories for over 80 years, and since the MCU is based on the same comic stories, then it should be no surprise that its going to be a plot device used in the MCU.

1HAPPYGHOSTHOST

Well then there are plenty of other shows and movies out there you can watch. But since its been part of comic stories for over 80 years, and since the MCU is based on the same comic stories, then it should be no surprise that its going to be a plot device used in the MCU.
Just because they do it in comics does not mean they need to do it in the films also. I have already said what works in one medium does not always work in another.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Just because they do it in comics does not mean they need to do it in the films also. I have already said what works in one medium does not always work in another.
Its going to be used, if you don't like then don't watch. To complain about it after 1. its already been used in the films for over 10 years, and 2. that its part of the source material is just plain silly and really just shouting into the wind.

There are literally millions of fans that have no issue with them using this common comic trope. So I doubt they're going to stop using it.

UNCgolf

I don't think it's really a big concern for the MCU.

Characters aren't going to come back from death very often because actors will age out or simply be ready to move on from the MCU. You're almost certainly not going to see Tony Stark resurrected, for one.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom