SPOILERS: Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness

Disney Irish

Premium Member
BTW, just for clarity sake (not that many people actually care) Nate Moore, VP of Production and Development at Marvel, started calling it the MCU-616 Universe last year. So maybe MCU-616 runs alongside Comics-616 (my term) just in its own timeline, but its clear they are using the same identifier for both.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
BTW, just for clarity sake (not that many people actually care) Nate Moore, VP of Production and Development at Marvel, started calling it the MCU-616 Universe last year. So maybe MCU-616 runs alongside Comics-616 (my term) just in its own timeline, but its clear they are using the same identifier for both.
Yeah... those two 616s are very different from each other.

DCBaker

Premium Member
“We always knew we wanted to introduce Clea, who in the comics is, you could say, the great love of Doctor Strange but really in a lot of ways his formidable equal as a sorcerer herself. Her backstory is fascinating; she’s the niece of Dormammu, the giant floating head from the first movie.”

"Waldron added: “[Doctor Strange and Clea] have a lot of great adventures in the comics, and we knew we wanted to introduce her. But it felt like we had to close the book, to some extent, on his love story with Christine Palmer – the Rachel McAdams character – and so Doctor Strange hears that wisdom from Christine to face his fears and be open to the idea of loving someone.

“And then along comes Clea, and I guess we’ll see what happens next between the two of them,” he teased."

Karakasa

Saw this a few days ago. Probably one of my favorite Marvel movies along with the Guardians films, Shang-Chi and Thor Ragnarok. I know a lot had criticism's of Wanda's character arc in regards to the franchise as a whole, but in the movie I felt she was one of the more sympathetic villains in the franchise. "I know you can be good" made me tear up, I have to admit.
“We always knew we wanted to introduce Clea, who in the comics is, you could say, the great love of Doctor Strange but really in a lot of ways his formidable equal as a sorcerer herself. Her backstory is fascinating; she’s the niece of Dormammu, the giant floating head from the first movie.”

"Waldron added: “[Doctor Strange and Clea] have a lot of great adventures in the comics, and we knew we wanted to introduce her. But it felt like we had to close the book, to some extent, on his love story with Christine Palmer – the Rachel McAdams character – and so Doctor Strange hears that wisdom from Christine to face his fears and be open to the idea of loving someone.

“And then along comes Clea, and I guess we’ll see what happens next between the two of them,” he teased."

Ahhhh I was wondering who she was. Well, that's fun. Probably be a good few years before we get follow-up on that, but that's something to look forward to.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Anyways back to the movie.

So something that didn't get bought up is the fact that Black Bolt from the Inhumans TV show is in the movie. This means the show is now officially canon in the MCU.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
…didn’t go so well for him 😎
Duh, but that wasn't the point of the post. Just that Feige has now brought almost every non-studios property into the MCU fold. Something that just a few years ago no one ever thought would happen, as he practically disowned anything that Loeb previously touched.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Feige has now brought almost every non-studios property into the MCU fold. Something that just a few years ago no one ever thought would happen, as he practically disowned anything that Loeb previously touched.
Well... he did blow up Black Bolt's head. I'm sure he was thinking of Loeb and Perlmutter at that time...

doctornick

Anyways back to the movie.

So something that didn't get bought up is the fact that Black Bolt from the Inhumans TV show is in the movie. This means the show is now officially canon in the MCU.
Not sure I follow. Seems to me it’s the same stuff as Daredevil where the Netflix shows are potentially but not explicitly part of the MCU. Like at long as they don’t conflict with MCU canon they could be but anything that occurs in the Marvel Studios movies and shows are implicitly the “correct” version of canon.

I think referring to those things as MCU adjacent rather than canon probably makes the most sense.

Jedijax719

Many were coming off of NWH expecting a complete opening of the multiverse with the cameo lovefest that we saw in December. Instead, we have forced cameos that lasted 5 minutes only to be followed by an MCU version of Dark Phoenix. No wonder if fell off the cliff after one weekend. NWH delivered more than what people expected and DS2 delivered much much less.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom