SPOILERS: Book of Boba Fett - Latest episodes

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
also…if a certain little character were eaten by a rancor monster….my wife would’ve flipped out 😂

Disney wouldn't kill off one of their biggest cash cows. They're going to milk him for every dime they can
The fakiness is getting to attack of the clones level…

they were very sloppy with this episode in particular.

its like the hot tub time machine just showed up from 1998…7 year olds are NOT who you shoot these for…

classic, mind boggling Star Wars kinda mistake.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I was disappointed he chose mando and showed up in this episode, I was looking forward to a show based on him and Luke training.

Mando will be better with him but I thought Mandalorian was already good enough to hold up without him.
Trying to beam mark hamill down from 1983 much more is a lot to ask.
Perhaps Luke's failure to train Grogu was at least a partial cause of his later failures with Ben Solo and the Academy as a whole?
Or they could just forgot all of that…because it was terrible.

If Disney can try to make everyone forget 3 good movies…then they can can bad ones. I have faith.

Last edited:

hopemax

I know you guys will dissect everything, but watching Grogu nap with a Rancor is the type of stuff my soul needs right now.

Two things...

1: "The uber droidekas (whatever they are really called) will destroy the city" ... destroys city with a Rancor.

2: My DH asked, what would it take to turn Black Spire Outpost into Mos Espa?

spacemt354

Chili's
Overall I'd give the episode a 7/10 - for the show as a whole maybe an 8/10 with Episodes 2, 5, and 6 being the best - but as a finale I felt pretty underwhelmed.

On one hand there were many great moments
- Boba riding the rancor
- Mando and Boba tag teaming the Pykes
- Cad Bane being a great villain
- Even I warmed up to the twi'lek guy

On the other hand many things confused me

- Luke sending Grogu with R2 to Tatooine alone. I get you don't want a repeat of the Season 2 finale with Luke being OP but he could have brought Grogu back at the end of the episode after the battle was won and you could have had Boba tame his rancor instead
- Wasting so much of the run-time shooting at the impenetrable droid shields when it clearly did nothing
- Having the Rancor do more damage to the city than the Pykes did.
- Ending the show with Boba saying "we are not suited for this" and leaving no real hook for the future other than Mando Season 3.

I think it would have been better to have the Mando/Grogu flying scene as the post-credit saying "The Mandalorian Season 3 coming December 2022" rather than the 20 second post-credit 'scene' we got which just felt bizarrely added on.

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
On the other hand many things confused me

- Luke sending Grogu with R2 to Tatooine alone.
Luke didn't send him, Grogu quit his training and left. He chose the mithril vest instead of Yoda's lightsaber. It was a callback to Luke himself leaving his training with Yoda to help his friends in Empire.

One complaint I've seen a lot of people making is "what is Boba's motivation / why is he a good guy now?" to which I respond, "did people just skip the episode where he's adopted by the Tuskens?"

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I know you guys will dissect everything, but watching Grogu nap with a Rancor is the type of stuff my soul needs right now.

Two things...

1: "The uber droidekas (whatever they are really called) will destroy the city" ... destroys city with a Rancor.

2: My DH asked, what would it take to turn Black Spire Outpost into Mos Espa?
The desert thing is so played out. Varied environments are the key to Star Wars.

and they’re not spending a dollar more on those lands. Though I’m sure there are “insider rumors” already boiling about “secret” expansion plans 🙄
Luke didn't send him, Grogu quit his training and left. He chose the mithril vest instead of Yoda's lightsaber. It was a callback to Luke himself leaving his training with Yoda to help his friends in Empire.

One complaint I've seen a lot of people making is "what is Boba's motivation / why is he a good guy now?" to which I respond, "did people just skip the episode where he's adopted by the Tuskens?"
That was lame. Suspending belief is required in sci-fi…but the show handled the green one like he was a minion. Keep assuming your audience are morons.

they basically undid the first two years of Mando to do some cutesy reunion stuff.

spacemt354

Chili's
Unlike in Empire, Grogu is a baby who can't fly. So many things could have gone wrong during this exchange that would have been avoided if Luke just took him back himself.

It's like a kid wanting to leave a party but instead of waiting for the kid's parent or taking the kid home themselves, the hosts send the kid off in an Uber in the general direction of their parent.

Also if it was like Empire there were no consequences to Grogu leaving his training. He basically saved the day by stopping the droid and putting the rancor to sleep.

amjt660

Premium Member
Overall disappointed with BoBF and with the finale in particular

The "aiming at 7 year olds" is probably the best way to sum it up

Boba shows up pretty quickly with the Rancor - then all it takes is fire to subdue him?
I know this was just to set up the gun fight with Bane but it seems weak and lazy

And after the Rancor is done playing Godzilla he climbs up the tower like King Kong?

And the wookie (can not remember his name) should have die at least 3 times

And don't get me started on the lame biker gang

As @Sirwalterraleigh said - you have to suspend belief in scifi but this episode was way too much

The only really good thing is that we have clear evidence that pigs cannot fly
They dropped like a rock falling off a cliff!!

Max

Last edited:

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
Unlike in Empire, Grogu is a baby who can't fly. So many things could have gone wrong during this exchange that would have been avoided if Luke just took him back himself.

It's like a kid wanting to leave a party but instead of waiting for the kid's parent or taking the kid home themselves, the hosts send the kid off in an Uber in the general direction of their parent.

Also if it was like Empire there were no consequences to Grogu leaving his training. He basically saved the day by stopping the droid and putting the rancor to sleep.
Grogu didn't fly, R2 flew.

flynnibus

Premium Member
This stuff looked hurried… while mando impressed just about everywhere this series had too many head scratchers.

tank droids that can’t hit the broadside of a barn? Or even a mob of people filling the entire street?
Veterans that pick the exposed open ground to fight a swarming group who vastly outnumber you?
“Hey we are pinned down behind this one truck… hey everyone come over here where we are trapped!!”
That roll by the black mod… looks like they poorly edited bad takes together…

The cad bane piece makes the show worth it alone though.

felt like a homebrew director paired with a great special effects budget.

surely a stub of the toe… hopefully obi wan is more put together

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Original Poster
I guess if you're the type of person who doesn't like flashbacks, you erase whatever plot/motivation/exposition they provided from one's mind.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom