SPOILERS: Book of Boba Fett - Latest episodes

LSLS

Honestly I wish they cut out some of the cutback scenes, pretty much all of Mando/Grogu, and given a lot more background to the Pikes, what they are doing there, building setting Cad up, and Boba trying to run the town, issues he was having, and building up forces. It was way too much crossover for me, and most felt kind of unnecessary. It definitely wasn't bad to me, I just felt there was too much tying things together for me.

Jedijax719

Ended with a bit of a thud.

So, does this mean that Grogu decided to stick with Mando and that's that with his training? No more Luke?

Phroobar

That leaves it open for Ben Solo to be Luke's first student per canon and for Gorgu to be captured by Darth Jar Jar.

download.jpg

Adventure

I think it leaves it open for Grogu to have some teen Groot like moments. He could train later if they wanted to go that route. Luke didn't start until he was around 18. Grogu seems to be younger than that maturity wise although he's actually around 50.

sedati

Decided to stick with Mando he did
Much uncertainty Skywalker future there is
"I am a Jedi, like my father before me."
Luke is being surrounded by people who have chosen a path different from the one set out before them. He's trying to live up to something not worth striving for- a failed system. He's trying to teach when he still should be seeking knowledge. Not only that, but he's got, at best, a cliffnotes version to go by. I find this all very intriguing, especially knowing where it leads.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
There has been a lot of interesting stuff in this series. The problem is there isn't enough to carry it's own show. I think the book of Boba would have worked better as a side story integrated into Mando season 3. Unfortunately with the need for D+ content, it feels like this was a quick way to add a series. If they did actually integrate it, it would have been a longer season, with better episode length. But at the same time taken much longer to get out. And that would have left a big gap in original programing. That's how it feels to me anyway.
Same. Boba fett is NOT a main character and never was. The fact that people can’t tell the difference between where the heart is and where it’s not is somewhat disturbing for the fate of humanity/the planet…if you ask me🤪
He survived Jabba's sail barge blowing up, so who knows.
So didn’t they need to kinda explain how the band leader and the Maitre D got off a boat that blew up after 4 minutes of pure unexpected chaos??

I think so

Last edited:

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Not that I didn’t expect it…but the “choice” is the kinda shark jumping on Star Wars I expect from lucasfilm these days. Keep trying to disassociate with the core plot/character/themes of what made Star Wars mythic and Epic.

still not sure why it was in a show labeled boba fett either?

anyone?

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Same. Boba fett is NOT a main character and never was. The fact that people can’t tell the difference between the heart is and where it’s not is somewhat disturbing for the fate of humanity/the planet…if you ask me🤪

So didn’t they need to kinda explain how the band leader and the Maitre D got off a boat that blew up after 4 minutes of pure unexpected chaos??

I think so

That will be in the new Book of Max Rebo series.

Vegas Disney Fan

I watched the whole thing hoping it would deliver in the finale but overall just found this whole series very disappointing

The mod biker gang may have looked cool on paper but never worked in a Star Wars show for me.

The characters never really felt flushed out, the story never felt complete… just a big miss for me.

Watching 10 wasteful minutes of Boba and Mando shooting at droids with force fields perfectly summed up this series, lots of flash but not much substance.

Killing off the best character introduced in the series after only a couple episodes was a waste also.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I watched the whole thing hoping it would deliver in the finale but overall just found this whole series very disappointing

The mod biker gang may have looked cool on paper but never worked in a Star Wars show for me.

The characters never really felt flushed out, the story never felt complete… just a big miss for me.

Watching 10 wasteful minutes of Boba and Mando shooting at droids with force fields perfectly summed up this series, lots of flash but not much substance.

Killing off the best character introduced in the series after only a couple episodes was a waste also.
So what you’re saying is…it “subverted expectations”?

danlb_2000

Premium Member

I enjoyed the last episode, but I do agree the series as a whole had a lot of problems. What makes this even more disappointing is that I think it wouldn't have taken a lot for it to be better.

... and by best character I assume you mean the 3rd Pike from the right in the negotiation scene. Loved that guy ;)

mf1972

i would’ve liked it if they kept that certain character around

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom