SPOILER: The Acolyte -- Disney+ Star Wars -- begins June 5, 2024

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Original Poster
I thought we were supposed to be mad about something this week...
Yeah, two moms and it didn't even turn out to be same-sex sex. Or an icky kiss!!

Was it another "virgin birth" a la Anakin?

Was it another dyad as with Kylo and Rey?

Was it portraying the Jedi as not that valorous even though that has already been done to death in the movies and TV shows?

Was it witches, cloning, vague references to Colonialism? All treated previous throughout the SW movies and TV shows?

What was it that was going to turn me off from Star Wars for ever? What was it that was going to make me, a White man, cry?

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Well now that they got the 1 backstory episode out of the way hopefully that means they can spend the next 5 episodes actually getting into the meat of it.
I agree…the problem is this is where they always try to kick the football and miss…

These series need to build consistent to the last episode…they tend to get muddled in the middle

Denouement

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Yeah, two moms and it didn't even turn out to be same-sex sex. Or an icky kiss!!

Was it portraying the Jedi as not that valorous even though that has already been done to death in the movies and TV shows?

Was it witches, cloning, vague references to Colonialism? All treated previous throughout the SW movies and TV shows?

What was it that was going to turn me off from Star Wars for ever? What was it that was going to make me, a White man, cry?
Yeah it was all that stuff hinted…nothing really new

lol…kylo and Rey…so you’re that one Elsa not off that wagon yet?

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Well it was good pre bedtime material, absolutely nothing to think about.
I’ll have to rewatch it…but I was highly tempted to fast forward most of the sister stuff the first time…so that doesn’t indicate much more than filler

There was a 3 episode arc in the clone wars with the night sisters that was done well…that was enough

Now they have done two separate daliances into it in consecutive live action shows…results haven’t been memorable so far

Wendy Pleakley

They also took a blood sample, and that means testing for midichlorians.

Lord knows mention of that would have some people seething.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
I agree…the problem is this is where they always try to kick the football and miss…

These series need to build consistent to the last episode…they tend to get muddled in the middle

Denouement
Well unless they are going to tell the story from multiple points of view, something George would do as its very Kurosawa's Rashomon. It would be interesting take, something that Star Wars hasn't really done yet.

erasure fan1

I’ll have to rewatch it…but I was highly tempted to fast forward most of the sister stuff the first time…so that doesn’t indicate much more than filler
The whole episode was kind of hard to watch. I fell asleep once and had to go back again. There just wasn't anything all that interesting going on.
Nothing really, and that's kinda the problem. It just wasn't a compelling episode. It was very clumsy story telling with too many that doesn't make sense moments. The dialogue was more miss than hit. It just wasn't a strong episode for what needed to be a top shelf episode.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
The whole episode was kind of hard to watch. I fell asleep once and had to go back again. There just wasn't anything all that interesting going on.

Nothing really, and that's kinda the problem. It just wasn't a compelling episode. It was very clumsy story telling with too many that doesn't make sense moments. The dialogue was more miss than hit. It just wasn't a strong episode for what needed to be a top shelf episode.

You know…for all the hate me and the 4 other old guys that live in my moms basement who have singled handedly spoiled the Star Wars rep have gotten…

I don’t know if anyone can hate Star Wars more than the people at LFL?

I just don’t get it.

What was the inference with this last night?

I think they were trying to go a little nuanced? That the bad child started the fire but the JEDI massacred the clan?

And that’s what I just never get

George made the Jedi like inspector clousseau…bumbling idiots that walk into their demise and can’t see obvious stuff

And since Disney has taken to making them somewhere between fallen angels and the biggest, scheming scum you can imagine…

What is the point? It still feels like they’re somehow trying to correct grievances that never existed…

Why? Cause the first three were heroes who you could root for?

Just never get this 🤷🏻‍♂️

BrianLo

What were the spoilers on the third episode we were supposed to be mad at? I was avoiding them, but I assume it was spoiled? Or was it just nothing?

Sol I don't think saw what happened. TBD on the Wookie being present.

Indara clearly did something that Torbin either saw or was complicit with. Which Mae also witnessed. None of the witches were burned, obviously. Did she try and get Torbin to Jedi mind trick Mae and it went awry? Is that a thing?

The entire sequence is really from the vantage of Osha +/- Sol so clearly this was the not real mystery portion solved.

erasure fan1

I think they were trying to go a little nuanced? That the bad child started the fire but the JEDI massacred the clan?
And it sure was a crazy big fire that spread really quick, especially since the place looked like it was all rock. Lol. I guess we'll see what happened to the witches. But it sure didn't look like it was caused by Jedi. It would be kinda obvious if they all had light saber stab and slash wounds. It was all just very sloppily done.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
And it sure was a crazy big fire that spread really quick, especially since the place looked like it was all rock. Lol. I guess we'll see what happened to the witches. But it sure didn't look like it was caused by Jedi. It would be kinda obvious if they all had light saber stab and slash wounds. It was all just very sloppily done.
I read it as very bad “subtlety”…especially with the overt guilt in Sol’s character

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
What were the spoilers on the third episode we were supposed to be mad at? I was avoiding them, but I assume it was spoiled? Or was it just nothing?

Sol I don't think saw what happened. TBD on the Wookie being present.

Indara clearly did something that Torbin either saw or was complicit with. Which Mae also witnessed. None of the witches were burned, obviously. Did she try and get Torbin to Jedi mind trick Mae and it went awry? Is that a thing?

The entire sequence is really from the vantage of Osha +/- Sol so clearly this was the not real mystery portion solved.
That’s what we’re trying to figure out?

I think the episode was almost predictable/pedestrian

BrianLo

That’s what we’re trying to figure out?

I think the episode was almost predictable/pedestrian

Ya I don't think Sol or the Wookie were part of it. Indara did either something implicitly wrong or grey that backfired. Torbin was the somewhat guilty companion, but clearly a morally good character by his compliance with the poisoning.

The show shouldn't have a villainous turn for Sol as well, you can't make all the characters unredeemable.

BrianLo

I think I figured out what was going on with the 'controversy'

I see that a couple of the reviewers are the truly toxic fan types, that apparently did not get the support they thought they were going to on the manufactured problems with the episodes they received. It's a bit funny everyone has shrugged from most corners of the internet right now that really nothing was controversial (quality and child acting notwithstanding).

Here is one having a meltdown.

Screen Shot 2024-06-12 at 9.04.35 PM.png

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Ya I don't think Sol or the Wookie were part of it. Indara did either something implicitly wrong or grey that backfired. Torbin was the somewhat guilty companion, but clearly a morally good character by his compliance with the poisoning.

The show shouldn't have a villainous turn for Sol as well, you can't make all the characters unredeemable.

I mean…I don’t know why everything has to be a “mystery” these days? But they set up some simple stuff here:

The Jedi killed the witches…for some devious purpose

Evil twin (whatever her name) kills to avenge

Evil twin is manipulated by Nuevo darth maul…or whoever…into thinking that regardless of the truth

Kinda tedious…to be honest

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom