SPOILER: The Acolyte -- Disney+ Star Wars -- begins June 5, 2024

Trauma

Based on the numbers, “The Acolyte” seems to be off to a solid start, drawing around 13.3 million views over its first six days, which matches the daily average of other strong Disney+ debuts like “Percy Jackson and the Olympians” . However, sustaining this interest will be crucial for its long-term success.

“Ahsoka” had a similar initial success with 14 million views in its first five days but struggled to maintain its audience, dropping to 860,000 views by the finale

Possibly a lot riding on Ep 3. In television, Episode 3 is often pivotal. It’s where initial setups transition into the main narrative arc, giving viewers clearer sense of show’s direction. If first two episodes have intrigued viewers, Ep 3 is crucial for solidifying interest. For Acolyte, this episode will be key in maintaining viewer engagement and setting the tone for the rest of the season. This episode often makes or breaks the show’s momentum.
The only solution is to take a break and clean house. The viewership for these shows will continue to be abysmal under current leadership.

CinematicFusion

Given that on this side of the site there is only a handful of us at any given time that talk about any particular topic, I think this thread is actually fairly active.
It’s our own little deserted island here. We’re just waiting for MisterPenguin to show up with a helicopter full of rations. But hey, at least we’re keeping the campfire going with these discussions!

doctornick

Possibly a lot riding on Ep 3. In television, Episode 3 is often pivotal. It’s where initial setups transition into the main narrative arc, giving viewers clearer sense of show’s direction. If first two episodes have intrigued viewers, Ep 3 is crucial for solidifying interest. For Acolyte, this episode will be key in maintaining viewer engagement and setting the tone for the rest of the season. This episode often makes or breaks the show’s momentum.

I think they are hoping that seeing a Wookiee Jedi in live action will be a “hook” for getting people to tune in - I think that’s why we got that tease at the end of the second episode. And at least for my part, that’s the thing I was looking forward to the most in this series. I hope Kelnacca is cool.

I did think Krrsantan was the best part of Boba Fett.

sedati

That being said, I am a big fan of internal consistency and avoiding retcons. So, Episode I established that the Jedi haven't been aware of any active Sith for an extremely long time. So I am curious - and concerned - with how this will be worked out in The Acolyte. There's no way that multiple Jedi being killed would be a thing that is simply waved off by other Jedi (at the "height of their power") as not important, so there has to be some explanation that is accepted by people in universe. They decided to set this only a 100 years before TPM so they should have a plan to make this all fit.
“No, I am you father” is one of the most famous lines in film history but is inconsistent with the established canon. (As is using the force as a form of telekinesis). You can see why Empire is so hated by real fans. ;)

Phroobar

I think they are hoping that seeing a Wookiee Jedi in live action will be a “hook” for getting people to tune in - I think that’s why we got that tease at the end of the second episode. And at least for my part, that’s the thing I was looking forward to the most in this series. I hope Kelnacca is cool.

I did think Krrsantan was the best part of Boba Fett.
I'm just hoping the Wookiee Jedi is Attichitcuk ("Itchy") Chewbacca's father from the Star Wars Holiday Special.
iu

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Given that on this side of the site there is only a handful of us at any given time that talk about any particular topic, I think this thread is actually fairly active.
That might indicate what longterm mismanagement results in…
It’s our own little deserted island here. We’re just waiting for MisterPenguin to show up with a helicopter full of rations. But hey, at least we’re keeping the campfire going with these discussions!
…no mistakes were made…
…because If you had a fun trip to a Disney park when you were 5 with grandpa…they are incapable of making mistakes

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
Well episode 3 is a solid meh for me. All the fancy choreography in the first episode and we get Tai Chi by moonlight in three. Nice costumes and sets but there's no depth to its placemaking. Great makeup on sister hedgehog, but the cookie (wookie darned you auto correct) was just an eye candy macguffin.

So are these night sisters or just some force sensitives in a gang? West side Fortress crips yo!

Yet another way to make clones... yawn.. thrawn, meh.

Last edited:

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Well…certainly nothing controversial

But like all these shows…they spend too much time on this without really getting anywhere

We knew there was a good sister and a bad sister last week…

And we know nothing ever goes right with the Jedi involved.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Well…certainly nothing controversial

But like all these shows…they spend too much time on this without really getting anywhere

We knew there was a good sister and a bad sister last week…

And we know nothing ever goes right with the Jedi involved.
Well now that they got the 1 backstory episode out of the way hopefully that means they can spend the next 5 episodes actually getting into the meat of it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom