SPOILER: The Acolyte -- Disney+ Star Wars -- begins June 5, 2024

BrianLo

Are we all assuming that Sol - the mind reading Jedi master who trained Osha - knows which sister he actually has in tow or that he can be fooled by a haircut?

I don’t think he knows and I’d kind of give him a pass on being discombobulated on this one since it was a bloodbath.

I do think maybe everyone dies in this series is increasingly likely. I said it was Star Trek like initially, but that went out the window last episode.

I still can’t believe both Dafne and Torbin died. I actually am not a super fan of it. I still feel like it’s a little much for Star Wars. Trying to have a red wedding moment. But I guess it does very effectively establish this Sith.

C33Mom

Are we all assuming that Sol - the mind reading Jedi master who trained Osha - knows which sister he actually has in tow or that he can be fooled by a haircut?
I found that to be sort of an odd stretch—but maybe she knows some weird witch-thread reality distortion dark magic? I was hoping Sol does know and is trying to lure her away from the Sith dude (and back to Coruscant) before confronting her…but knowing Sol he would want to try to find and save Osha if he thought it was Mae.
I don’t think he knows and I’d kind of give him a pass on being discombobulated on this one since it was a bloodbath.

I do think maybe everyone dies in this series is increasingly likely. I said it was Star Trek like initially, but that went out the window last episode.

I still can’t believe both Dafne and Torbin died. I actually am not a super fan of it. I still feel like it’s a little much for Star Wars. Trying to have a red wedding moment. But I guess it does very effectively establish this Sith.
I think we may see him figuring it out in the next episode or two. I didn’t enjoy Rogue One because it was too depressing and I am only tolerating this one because I’m not especially attached to any of the characters (though I would have liked to see Kelnacca in action and Jecki was growing on me).

erasure fan1

I am only tolerating this one because I’m not especially attached to any of the characters
That seems to be a common complaint. So far this show has no one that I really care for. Sol would be the closest one, but if he died in this last episode it wouldn't have really upset me.
though I would have liked to see Kelnacca in action and Jecki was growing on me).
We'll probably see more of both if imdb is to be believed. They both have more episode credits than we've seen them in so I'm guessing there will be another couple flashbacks. Or maybe Jecki has the same immunity to lightsaber stabs as so many of the other people in star wars now. Lol

Disney Irish

Premium Member
BTW, I don't know if it can be said enough but Manny Jacinto's performance has been outstanding. He plays the villain very well. I always liked him on Good Place, so was excited to see him here. He is one of the bright spots of the show.

BrianLo

BTW, I don't know if it can be said enough but Manny Jacinto's performance has been outstanding. He plays the villain very well. I always liked him on Good Place, so was excited to see him here. He is one of the bright spots of the show.

Agreed. Especially since I also know him from the Good place. This role is so different and he sells it so convincingly. Dafne was my other favourite, so I’m actually quite sad about it. I’ll let them tell their story, but I wish it had just been Torbin for the shock value.

Though her fight choreography was the best and her death was cool.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Agreed. Especially since I also know him from the Good place. This role is so different and he sells it so convincingly. Dafne was my other favourite, so I’m actually quite sad about it. I’ll let them tell their story, but I wish it had just been Torbin for the shock value.

Though her fight choreography was the best and her death was cool.
Maybe she's just playing possum and will show up later with Osha.

BrianLo

I heard lightsabers do not kill anyone anymore in Disney Star Wars😉

I find it’s funny why people get stuck on this one past depiction. You can certainly also get shot or stabbed and live. Based on the depiction of where that character was stabbed with a saber it is very plausible to live, especially since it provides cautery. And it’s a fantasy world with advance tech, medical advancement demonstrated through cloning and revivification goo.

But I think they wanted to send the message - “she dead” loud and clear on this one. 😭

mf1972

the reveal wasn’t a surprise for me. once i saw manny jacinto on the planet in episode 4 & the bad guy pops up, it couldn’t have been more obvious. best episode so far. hopefully it keeps going. what annoys me is they make short episodes & takes 4-5 episodes to go anywhere & then they’re rushing to cram everything in.

Disstevefan1

I find it’s funny why people get stuck on this one past depiction. You can certainly also get shot or stabbed and live. Based on the depiction of where that character was stabbed with a saber it is very plausible to live, especially since it provides cautery. And it’s a fantasy world with advance tech, medical advancement demonstrated through cloning and revivification goo.

But I think they wanted to send the message - “she dead” loud and clear on this one. 😭
Its true, a character can be literally dead and "somehow" be back 👍

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom