SPOILER: The Acolyte -- Disney+ Star Wars -- begins June 5, 2024

erasure fan1

Anyways we'll see how things go with the rest of the episodes.
We can agree! That's what I've been saying. If it can stick the landing, people won't care if this episode wasn't that strong. And there's a lot more show to go. Just so we're clear, I'm not condemning the entire show from this one episode. It's just one I didn't find all that compelling.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
I think you are right. The question is this, is that the right direction to take the story? While I get that some like how they've done it. I think that there are many more who really aren't a fan of it. The problem comes down to a split. Just like last Jedi. Rian has said the best feedback he could get on a film, is if half the people hate it, and half love it. So last Jedi was very much intended to create a divide in my opinion. That's ok, they just have to be ok with how it's going to be received.

Because we are talking about a world where people tried

So yea, fans take the Jedi pretty serious. Lol
I'm aware of the fan made Jedi religion and how seriously fans take their view of the Order, I alluded to it earlier in the thread. Honestly the same can be said about the Sith.

As for the rest, until the story is finished we cannot say if it was the right direction. And even then its still a personal opinion on whether it worked or not.

No matter where this particular story goes I seriously doubt its going to shake anyone's view of the Jedi, given how seriously people take it. What it may do however is provide larger context and backstory of the Order and insight into individual characters.

I honestly hope at a certain point we get more stories of Gray Jedis. As that would be interesting from a lore perspective and give more insight into Qui-Gon who was considered to be more Gray.

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
Yawn this this episode was like a Rick Steve's travel show. Lets get dressed up and walk through more empty sets. Where we do have extras, we'll just have them walk around in groups and show off the drapery we dressed them in.

Well let me drop this so you'll at least get some entertainment.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I'm aware of the fan made Jedi religion and how seriously fans take their view of the Order, I alluded to it earlier in the thread. Honestly the same can be said about the Sith.

As for the rest, until the story is finished we cannot say if it was the right direction. And even then its still a personal opinion on whether it worked or not.

No matter where this particular story goes I seriously doubt its going to shake anyone's view of the Jedi, given how seriously people take it. What it may do however is provide larger context and backstory of the Order and insight into individual characters.

I honestly hope at a certain point we get more stories of Gray Jedis. As that would be interesting from a lore perspective and give more insight into Qui-Gon who was considered to be more Gray.

At this point…you’ll be lucky if you get any Jedi stories at all…

They keep letting freshman year film school level talent do weird takes on them.

Time to sell that studio…but of course life isn’t fair

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
You know what really gets Star Wars fans juices pumping…underdeveloped throw away characters for 5 minutes of screen time and extra sensory “wizards” that can’t figure anything out and make one mistake after another.

They really are nailing it.

8 yellow robes plus Maia. At this point in time are the Jedi just gang bangers ?

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Original Poster
8 yellow robes plus Maia. At this point in time are the Jedi just gang bangers ?
J to da I to da end. Lightside forevah!!

1718768870452.png

mysto

Yawn this this episode was like a Rick Steve's travel show.

Nice, so soothing! Big fan.

BTW who has the best numbers on that? Either accurately collected but not reported, or widely reported without any possibility of accurately being collected.

Serpico Jones

Stargate Atlantis, a low budget show that aired Friday nights on the Syfy channel, looked more professionally made than this. It was also more exciting and had better acting.

The lead actor literally can’t speak English.

Screamface

Stargate Atlantis, a low budget show that aired Friday nights on the Syfy channel, looked more professionally made than this. It was also more exciting and had better acting.

The lead actor literally can’t speak English.

Stargate Atlantis was a good show. That's from the era of TV where writers came up on TV shows with long season orders, learning how to tell actual stories. They'd have an idea for a story and efficiently tell a complete and satisfying story in less than an hour. Mentored under show runners who knew how to tell stories.

Now it's the era where people have an idea that would have been a single episode of a show like Atlantis, not know how to tell a story and spread it out over a few hours with lots of padding and call it a series.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom