SPOILER: The Acolyte -- Disney+ Star Wars -- begins June 5, 2024

erasure fan1

Because people point out the cringy dialogue is the reason they dislike this show… but that for some reason did not ruin their enjoyment of the prequels
Because for all the bad dialogue and some wooden acting. There was a lot of good too. If the acolyte can produce a dual of the fates, or an Obi-wan v.s. Anakin... it won't ruin the enjoyment either.

MoonRakerSCM

How about they talk about what they like about the show. Why they think it's so good. Talk about the plot, the acting, the music... There's NONE of that. Dill holes on the internet aren't ruining peoples enjoyment of star wars.
Bingo. The fact is, subpar stories/filming/cinematography is being met with apathy.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Original Poster
Bingo. The fact is, subpar stories/filming/cinematography is being met with apathy.
Apathy is not how I would describe a Twitter tribe just posting f-bombs directed at Kennedy and Headland and posting tombstones for Star Wars. And they were doing that for the previous SW shows. And for Doctor Who. And for DCEU. And for anything they don't like -- it's an all out war. If one person dares to like what they don't like then they get hounded with character assassination. And again, this isn't just for SW, it's the discourse for almost everything that one can be a disappointed fan. Now, you must become a social media warrior not resting until your nemesis is defeated. Extra points if you can get a hate-filled hashtag trending. That means you're winning. It got them the Snyder cut. Now they think it's the magical incantation to get whatever they want.

There are a lot of show I don't enjoy, have become disappointed with, or just hate. I've never taken to Twitter to try to tear it down. Nor have I gone to a Disney fan forums to do that to Disney. It's childish.

MoonRakerSCM

Now, you must become a social media warrior not resting until your nemesis is defeated. Extra points if you can get a hate-filled hashtag trending.
1718424105166.png

Wendy Pleakley

That's true. There are people focusing on the wrong things. Notice I didn't say fans. But that article? "the new live-action series is also one of the best additions to that galaxy far away in a long time" Come on, the best yet? As of now it's not anywhere near the top in my opinion. That's not to say it can't end up that way. But articles like this are just as big of a problem as the "toxic" articles in my opinion. It's just there to try and lump any real fans who aren't as optimistic about the show into the toxic bucket.

How about they talk about what they like about the show. Why they think it's so good. Talk about the plot, the acting, the music... There's NONE of that. Dill holes on the internet aren't ruining peoples enjoyment of star wars. And if they are, shame on them. Never has some random idiot online swayed my opinion on something. I like what I like, I make my own decisions. As should everyone. We have to stop giving the real toxic people such a voice. And calling an entire fandom hateful because they aren't happy with the first 3 episodes doesn't do anything to help the divide. Let's face it, this article was written for the same reason as the "Kennedy gets destroyed for obliterating star wars" headline. They know people are going to click on it to read how hateful star wars fans are.

It's not lumping all fans who simply don't like the show into any bucket.

It's very specific about the type of people it's calling out.

Willmark

It’s being reported that it’s not even being pirated. I’d prefer something concrete but if that is indeed true, not a good sign that people don’t want to watch it for free.

CinematicFusion

An article that pretty much nails the obvious.

There is a group of toxic fans attacking this and other shows for all the wrong reasons.

It makes the online discourse toxic and even impacts how we view the show - you're going to be SO ANGRY at this week's episode!

A reminder that discussing the show online or with certain people isn't productive or beneficial.

Positive and negative hype both contribute to bringing eyeballs to the show, but ultimately, it’s up to the show to prove itself. With 5 episodes left in The Acolyte, there’s no doubt they will be the best episodes of the show. Viewer numbers are the key indicator of success. To truly establish itself, The Acolyte needs to surpass the viewer numbers of Ahsoka. In the end, it’s the quality of the content and how well it resonates with the audience that will determine the show’s lasting impact and success.

Ahsoka Viewership Summary

1. Finale Viewership: 863,000 U.S. households watched the “Ahsoka” finale within its first six days of availability on Disney+ .
2. Premiere Performance:
• Ahsoka: Achieved 1.2 million U.S. households and 14 million total views in the first five days .
• The Acolyte: Recorded 4.8 million views on the first day and 11.1 million views within the first five days .
3. Comparison with Other Series:
• “Obi-Wan Kenobi” Finale: 1.8 million U.S. households .
• “The Mandalorian” Season 3 Finale: 1.4 million U.S. households .
• “Andor” Season 1 Finale: 591,000 U.S. households .

Trauma

An article that pretty much nails the obvious.

There is a group of toxic fans attacking this and other shows for all the wrong reasons.

It makes the online discourse toxic and even impacts how we view the show - you're going to be SO ANGRY at this week's episode!

A reminder that discussing the show online or with certain people isn't productive or beneficial.

Yeah why listen to what the fans want!

Star Wars can continue its journey to irrelevancy.

Then they can write an article blaming the toxic fans for that.

I have a crazy idea …

How about give the fans what they want!!

Take a look at Inside Out 2 and how that’s gonna perform.

It’s not very hard to figure out.

Positive and negative hype both contribute to bringing eyeballs to the show, but ultimately, it’s up to the show to prove itself. With 5 episodes left in The Acolyte, there’s no doubt they will be the best episodes of the show. Viewer numbers are the key indicator of success. To truly establish itself, The Acolyte needs to surpass the viewer numbers of Ahsoka. In the end, it’s the quality of the content and how well it resonates with the audience that will determine the show’s lasting impact and success.

Ahsoka Viewership Summary

1. Finale Viewership: 863,000 U.S. households watched the “Ahsoka” finale within its first six days of availability on Disney+ .
2. Premiere Performance:
• Ahsoka: Achieved 1.2 million U.S. households and 14 million total views in the first five days .
• The Acolyte: Recorded 4.8 million views on the first day and 11.1 million views within the first five days .
3. Comparison with Other Series:
• “Obi-Wan Kenobi” Finale: 1.8 million U.S. households .
• “The Mandalorian” Season 3 Finale: 1.4 million U.S. households .
• “Andor” Season 1 Finale: 591,000 U.S. households .
got a citation for those numbers? Pretty sure Disney hasn't released any of that info

DKampy

Apathy is not how I would describe a Twitter tribe just posting f-bombs directed at Kennedy and Headland and posting tombstones for Star Wars. And they were doing that for the previous SW shows. And for Doctor Who. And for DCEU. And for anything they don't like -- it's an all out war. If one person dares to like what they don't like then they get hounded with character assassination. And again, this isn't just for SW, it's the discourse for almost everything that one can be a disappointed fan. Now, you must become a social media warrior not resting until your nemesis is defeated. Extra points if you can get a hate-filled hashtag trending. That means you're winning. It got them the Snyder cut. Now they think it's the magical incantation to get whatever they want.

There are a lot of show I don't enjoy, have become disappointed with, or just hate. I've never taken to Twitter to try to tear it down. Nor have I gone to a Disney fan forums to do that to Disney. It's childish.
As I see it this post is spot on… I was a huge Garfield fan as a kid and I would of been interested in the movie if it looked liked The Garfield of my younger days… but even from the trailers it does not look like the Garfield from my youth…. I am not searching out the Garfield forums so I can scream how the film destroyed my youth…. I just don’t watch the movie and move on

Last edited:

CinematicFusion

got a citation for those numbers? Pretty sure Disney hasn't released any of that info

Disney has partnered with Samba TV for several years, leveraging its True Reach and Frequency measurement capabilities to understand and optimize audience engagement across various platforms. This collaboration reflects Disney’s trust in Samba TV’s data to measure and analyze viewership effectively.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom