Splash Mountain still on schedule?

SirGoofy

Hi everyone.. I'm new here, but I thought I would post and contribute a bit.. I found this site via __________________________.com

I was at MK last night, and they were testing SM... The logs are all brand new, new shape etc (the chassis inside the fiberglass could be the same, but the shells are DEFINATELY a new shape) and there are new hand-holds at the front of the logs... THERE ARE NO LAPBARS... At least, not on the 10-15 boats that cycled past when I was standing there....

Just FYI....... Great to be here, and I hope to post a lot more soon!

Cool, matches up with what I was told.

Thanks for the info!:wave:

RSoxNo1

First off, it looks like I may have to go back and change what I said in the rumors column about lapbars.

Now onto intensity...

Wimps! I had to drag my girlfriend at the time crying onto ToT. She came off asking to go do it again.

Rocking Roller Coaster is a wussy coaster.

I'd say EE is more intense than RNRC

Besides going backwards, nothing worries me about EE. I WANT to do it.

Upside-down? EFF. NO. No desire to do that.

:rolleyes:

By the time you know you're upside down, it's over.

Seriously, it's a wussy coaster.:lol:

You don't feel it so much since you're in the dark.
Not to scare you, but I think going backwards on Everest feels more intense than the loops in RnRC. :lookaroun

Yeah, sure, ok, maybe. :lol:

...not.

I agree.

My sister did RNRC when she was like 8 or 9...weenie.

:lol:

I don't know for sure, but it seems like you pull more G's on Everest than you do on RnR. The first two loops on RnR fit logically into the ride, while the corkscrew seems somewhat out of place. I'm not certain, but I would guess the first loop and the third loop (the corkscrew) are where you feel the highest G-Forces on RnR.

Personally, I don't think a Roller Coaster needs to have loops to be a thrilling coaster. In deference to that, I would actually prefer a coaster that generates it's g-forces by speed. For that reason, I tend to like gravity coasters more than those with launches (Expedition Everest over RnR and Kraken over The Hulk).

And you need to do the same with ToT and RnRC.

What's wrong with you?!?!?

You call yourself a fan!??!?

You should go to Universal!:drevil:

(and seriously, MS is the most intense attraction at WDW by far!)

I go on the wuss version of Mission: SPACE now, because the upset stomach isn't worth it for me - it lingers more than anything else. I would have more of an upset stomach on Mission: SPACE than I did on the Richard Petty ride along experience.

EPCOT Explorer

Good to hear I was wrong! :sohappy: :lol:

I guess my friend just saw a prototype?

First off, it looks like I may have to go back and change what I said in the rumors column about lapbars.

Now onto intensity...

I don't know for sure, but it seems like you pull more G's on Everest than you do on RnR. The first two loops on RnR fit logically into the ride, while the corkscrew seems somewhat out of place. I'm not certain, but I would guess the first loop and the third loop (the corkscrew) are where you feel the highest G-Forces on RnR.

Personally, I don't think a Roller Coaster needs to have loops to be a thrilling coaster. In deference to that, I would actually prefer a coaster that generates it's g-forces by speed. For that reason, I tend to like gravity coasters more than those with launches (Expedition Everest over RnR and Kraken over The Hulk).

I go on the wuss version of Mission: SPACE now, because the upset stomach isn't worth it for me - it lingers more than anything else. I would have more of an upset stomach on Mission: SPACE than I did on the Richard Petty ride along experience.
Exactly the same for me.

How would you describe EE, though..? Especially the backwards motion.:lookaroun

the-reason14

Personally even though its my least fav coaster and ride probably in all of WDW, I would have to say Rockin is the most intense disney world coaster. E:E to me is tame, similar to BTMR but it loses points because of the two times you're waiting for the track to switch. I think if they didnt do that, and it just went continuously then it would be more thrilling than what it is.

RSoxNo1

Good to hear I was wrong! :sohappy: :lol:

I guess my friend just saw a prototype?

Exactly the same for me.

How would you describe EE, though..? Especially the backwards motion.:lookaroun

The backwards motion of EE is the most intense part of the ride, but because of the way the ride is paced it's probably more manageable for most people. Prior to the backwards portion, Everest is no less intense than the approach to the first lift hill of Big Thunder Mountain Railroad. In fact we lured my mother onto the ride under that pretense.

So the trip through the "forests", then up the lift hill, and through the icy chasms and then to the broken track is all very tame. The backwards portion starts out tame but as soon as you get into the mountain is when you start to feel the g-forces. As soon as it might start to get uncomfortable it's over and you're staring that projection. You feel g-forces again at the bottom of the drop outside the mountain, but I don't think they're as intense as the backwards portion.

I'm a little unsteady getting out of the vehicle in Everest, much like I am with Rock 'n' Roller Coaster, but it's typically gone within seconds.

I recommend experiencing both.

WDWExplorer

Banned
Hmm... I've heard differently from people I trust, but whatever. I really am glad that lap bars do not appear to be going in. :D

I had seen that picture some time ago.. and while I can't 'concrete' confirm to you, that it's from Tokyo, I can tell you that the log in that picture doesn't look like the logs I saw last night... Thats for sure..

They do look nice however... Very clean and very 'new' looking... fantastic!

EPCOT Explorer

Now onto intensity...

The backwards motion of EE is the most intense part of the ride, but because of the way the ride is paced it's probably more manageable for most people. Prior to the backwards portion, Everest is no less intense than the approach to the first lift hill of Big Thunder Mountain Railroad. In fact we lured my mother onto the ride under that pretense.

So the trip through the "forests", then up the lift hill, and through the icy chasms and then to the broken track is all very tame. The backwards portion starts out tame but as soon as you get into the mountain is when you start to feel the g-forces. As soon as it might start to get uncomfortable it's over and you're staring that projection. You feel g-forces again at the bottom of the drop outside the mountain, but I don't think they're as intense as the backwards portion.

I'm a little unsteady getting out of the vehicle in Everest, much like I am with Rock 'n' Roller Coaster, but it's typically gone within seconds.

I recommend experiencing both.

Sounds....good?:lookaroun:lol:

I do like Splash Mountain, so perhaps, I should expect much of the same?

SirGoofy

Sure, but try and tie it into Lap Bars on SM. We are horrendously off topic, and Steve probably wants to kill us.:lookaroun:lol:

It all has to do with inertial and normal forces. Per Newton's First Law. Basically the sum of forces on your body has to equal zero. While the seat of your car is technically "pushing" up on your but, your body's natural inertia keeps you firmly in the seat, unless you add another force(pushing up with your legs/arms, etc).

Technically lap bars serve no function on Splash Mountain save for keeping people from jumping out.

EPCOT Explorer

It all has to do with inertial and normal forces. Per Newton's First Law. Basically the sum of forces on your body has to equal zero. While the seat of your car is technically "pushing" up on your but, your body's natural inertia keeps you firmly in the seat, unless you add another force(pushing up with your legs/arms, etc).

Technically lap bars serve no function on Splash Mountain save for keeping people from jumping out.

So is that the "rising" sensation you feel?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom