News Splash Mountain retheme to Princess and the Frog - Tiana's Bayou Adventure

MerlinTheGoat

"Failure" implies that they were setting out to make good food.
To be fair, the original founders of the company seemingly did set out to do that. Or at least realized that they needed to produce good food to make money at the time. It was the business tycoon that scooped it up and franchised it (screwing over the original owners) that set into motion the cogs that turned it into the sewage it has been for decades.

Piebald

Since they removed Zip a Dee Doo dah from the loop I take it they probably just burned the Brer costumes from the parks and just purged it all? Or maybe sell them to TDR or something at a discount?

doctornick

I’ll add that it was pretty self evident to Disney in the late 1980s too when they chose not to include the depiction of Uncle Remus in the ride or advertising.

Don't they have (or had) quotes from Remus on the walls in the queue at DL? And even like a replica of his house? Not quite the same as featuring him but maybe not ignoring him totally....

(I could be wrong though, someone can correct if I am)

Stupido

I really wish Disney got ahead of all of this and scheduled a press release for today. In a perfect world, there would be some new information to discuss and it would drown out some of this tired discourse.

BrerFoxesBayouAdventure

Don't they have (or had) quotes from Remus on the walls in the queue at DL? And even like a replica of his house? Not quite the same as featuring him but maybe not ignoring him totally....

(I could be wrong though, someone can correct if I am)
They have quotes from him hanging on the walls in both queues. I don't know if there's a replica of his house, but then again the last time I was at Disneyland was a decade ago.

brb1006

yzma-kuzco.gif

Looks like the mourning period for this attraction ended as quickly as I expected in this thread.

brb1006

Since they removed Zip a Dee Doo dah from the loop I take it they probably just burned the Brer costumes from the parks and just purged it all? Or maybe sell them to TDR or something at a discount?
Considering they used the old design for Ludwig Von Drake at "Long Lost Friend Week" a few years back. They might put the Br'er characters into storage at the U.S. Parks.
ludwig-and-scrooge-6.jpg

Drdcm

It’s a fun flume with a really scary, spectacular drop. It’s certainly not junk, and though it’s not nearly as good as Splash-in-good-condition, Um, I’d definitely call it the best log flume currently operating in Florida as of today. 😃 It helps that I love Dudley Do Right cartoons.
The weird mist to force the black and white perspective is a pretty neat trick

Trauma

From the way this thread is going today I can tell
a lot of people are very angry, myself included.

You can tell from the send off last night that for many people this was a very very special ride.

Heck I just showed the video of the send off posted here to my wife, who is not even as big of a Disney fan as I am and she was in tears.

Disney has dug themselves a giant hole with no evidence that they can fill it.

That being said they deserve the opportunity to do so.

Maybe they will surprise us and catch lightning in a bottle twice.

That being said if Tiana is not on par with Splash people need to be help accountable.

Starting with idiot Iger who probably gave the final approval on all of this.

Also fire the entire creative team, and anyone in the company that thought this was a good idea.

I know that won’t happen, but it’s what should happen.

Let’s hope instead we are celebrating a new group of imagineers, that were able to recapture the magic of Splash, and bring it to a new generation of families.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom