News Splash Mountain retheme to Princess and the Frog - Tiana's Bayou Adventure

Status
Not open for further replies.

crazy4disney

In the Parks
No
If the new version of the attraction is good or bad, there is nothing that you can do about it either way. That's it. That's all there is to it. Expanding any amount of energy on what may or may not be that you cannot do anything about is absolutely pointless. Because of how this all played out (largely in people's minds), it will be absolutely impossible to gauge if it's actually good or not. Even if it's not good, people will never admit it. If it is good, people will never admit it. If you want to ride the new version, ride it. If you don't, then don't. No one is forcing you at gunpoint to ride it. If it's gonna be bad, then it's bad. That's it. There's nothing you can do about it.
Im going to respectfully disagree at least from the pov of not wanting Splash to go… if the ride is good i will admit it but honestly being good or not has nothing to do w the fact the ride really didnt need to go and Tiana could have been built elsewhere. I do think tho that anyone who is hung ho for this change and been saying it needs to go will never admit the ride stinks or is not as good if it fails to deliver. Like i used w my GMR analogy. MMRR is one of my favorite rides now i lost track how many times we rode it in November thats how much fun we all had on it. Still didnt justify how theylet GMR rot and replaced it with this… especially when its been said it could have went elsewhere…

ppete1975

Im going to respectfully disagree at least from the pov of not wanting Splash to go… if the ride is good i will admit it but honestly being good or not has nothing to do w the fact the ride really didnt need to go and Tiana could have been built elsewhere. I do think tho that anyone who is hung ho for this change and been saying it needs to go will never admit the ride stinks or is not as good if it fails to deliver. Like i used w my GMR analogy. MMRR is one of my favorite rides now i lost track how many times we rode it in November thats how much fun we all had on it. Still didnt justify how theylet GMR rot and replaced it with this… especially when its been said it could have went elsewhere…
Splash, maelstrom, energy, gmr, others. I think alot of people arent just upset about splash being gone, or Tiana coming. Its the fact that we close rides to reopen as something else and spend millions. Instead of an update of the current attraction or a small retheme (splash could get a few animatronics removed a new name and song and still be the same ride (easily could have been tied to BTM or even SEA).

Tiana in this case should have received a themed area with restaurant and ride. Not a ride shoehorned into an already existing building that will limit what they can do

How much better would the parks be if we added mickeys runaway, guardians, frozen and tiana as additions without the subtractions?

Last edited by a moderator:

Dear Prudence

Again, I also don't want Splash to go, but go it does.

crazy4disney

In the Parks
No
Splash, maelstrom, energy, gmr, others. I think alot of people arent just upset about splash being gone, or Tiana coming. Its the fact that we close rides to reopen as something else and spend millions.

Tiana in this case should have received a themed area with restaurant and ride. Not a ride shoehorned into an already existing building that will limit what they can do

How much better would the parks be if we added mickeys runaway, guardians, frozen and tiana as additions without the subtractions?
Parks need additions and proper maintenance not letting rides rot then replace them and basically leave the parks short on capacity during the refurb and then open up w less capacity and less reliability at times.

Last edited by a moderator:

fngoofy

Design by committee aside, they are still BREAKING FRONTIERLAND.
1920s before 1890s is just plain stupid.

crazy4disney

In the Parks
No
I know, right? It’s a good thing Song of the South took place in the Wild Wild West for accuracy of the land. Oh, wait……
Ive never once mentioned accuracy etc I know you arent pointing me out but to me thats somewhat overrated just my opinion especially when it comes to a park that caters to children who really arent too concerned about cr*p like that. Not once have i said Tiana doesnt belong there bc of a time era etc. if anything ive said the opposite specifically regarding Galaxy’s Edge. To me yea you want some synergy but again over rated for most part as long as you dont have a mish mosh of stuff all over the place…

BuddyThomas

Ive never once mentioned accuracy etc I know you arent pointing me out but to me thats somewhat overrated just my opinion especially when it comes to a park that caters to children who really arent too concerned about cr*p like that. Not once have i said Tiana doesnt belong there bc of a time era etc. if anything ive said the opposite specifically regarding Galaxy’s Edge. To me yea you want some synergy but again over rated for most part as long as you dont have a mish mosh of stuff all over the place…
Fine but they are not “breaking Frontierland” as the person I responded to asserted: They are not breaking it any more by including a Louisiana themed attraction than they were by including a Deep South attraction. It’s hypocrisy to say otherwise.

celluloid

Fine but they are not “breaking Frontierland” as the person I responded to asserted: They are not breaking it any more by including a Louisiana themed attraction than they were by including a Deep South attraction. It’s hypocrisy to say otherwise.

Frontierland is not just the west land. That is why Big Thunder is the Wildest Ride In The Wilderness, not Wildest ride in the west. Deep South Georgia of the 1800s is easily considered more frontier than 1920s LA.

BuddyThomas

Frontierland is not just the west land. That is why Big Thunder is the Wildest Ride In The Wilderness, not Wildest ride in the west. Deep South Georgia of the 1800s is easily considered more frontier than 1920s LA.

"Here we experience the history of our country's past...the colourful drama of Frontier America in the exciting days of the covered wagon and the stagecoach...the advent of the railroad...and the romantic riverboat. Frontierland is a tribute to the faith, courage and ingenuity of the pioneers who blazed the trails across America.” - Walt Disney.

Huh. Sounds like a “West land” to me.

celluloid

"Here we experience the history of our country's past...the colourful drama of Frontier America in the exciting days of the covered wagon and the stagecoach...the advent of the railroad...and the romantic riverboat. Frontierland is a tribute to the faith, courage and ingenuity of the pioneers who blazed the trails across America.” - Walt Disney.

Huh. Sounds like a “West land” to me.

I would re-read that. If you want to get snarky with the "huh" you should know more. Frontierland is not JUST a western themed area.

Davy Crockett has been the ever-present IP and most famous one goes back to day one and is still heavily referenced today. He was born on a mountain top and Tennessee and is king of the wild frontier and most of the song is about the East Coast from the mountains of Tennessee to working in the government and referencing the Liberty Bell.

The west is a PART of Frontier, but the Frontierland is not ENTIRELY West and never has been.

The time period it is a tribute to however has always been pretty consistent.

Splash is objectively more fitting in the wilderness of a wild frontier than the 1920s populated towns of LA.

BuddyThomas

I would re-read that. If you want to get snarky with the "huh" you should know more. Frontierland is not JUST a western themed area.

Davy Crockett has been the ever-present IP and most famous one goes back to day one and is still heavily referenced today. He was born on a mountain top and Tennessee and is king of the wild frontier and most of the song is about the East Coast from the mountains of Tennessee to working in the government and referencing the Liberty Bell.

The west is a PART of Frontier, but the Frontierland is not ENTIRELY West and never has been.

The time period it is a tribute to however has always been pretty consistent.

Splash is objectively more fitting in the wilderness of a wild frontier than the 1920s populated towns of LA.
Frontier - noun
  • the extreme limit of settled land beyond which lies wilderness, especially referring to the western US before Pacific settlement.
    "his novel of the American frontier.”

celluloid

Frontier - noun
  • the extreme limit of settled land beyond which lies wilderness, especially referring to the western US before Pacific settlement.
    "his novel of the American frontier.”

Especially, but not only.

Words matter.

1920s LA was definitely settled land in compared to 1800s area of GA(which never even overtly states Georgia) that Splash takes place.

Objectively different.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom