News Splash Mountain retheme to Princess and the Frog - Tiana's Bayou Adventure

MagicHappens1971

If I had to guess.

Splash closes 09/12/22

PatF opens 05/24/24

If you don’t think they can retheme a ride in a year and a half you’re blinded by the current construction pace and a hatred by modern Disney.
Unless Tron is opening September 12, 2022, I don't see Splash going down before the busy holiday season. Even if Tron does, I would still expect them to keep it open until its typical after marathon weekend January closure. If the rumors of sets/pieces being deep into fabrication are true, a January 2023 closure could still allow for a Summer 2024 opening, if they hustle.

DCBaker

Premium Member
Via the festival schedule of events, this may be where more information on the retheme happens -

Friday, July 1st -

Screen Shot 2022-06-29 at 2.14.45 PM.png

Stupido

View attachment 649427
I wish we had more of an update from the TV series. :( This concept art is so beautiful and it genuinely LOOKS interesting, and it's obvious the costumes are gonna be amazing. I hope that whatever they choose to do with the attraction, it has something to do with whatever this is.
I'd imagine that we might get an update on this on Friday too, seeing as how they're revealing Tiana's new look. There's nothing that says park specific, so possibly another more final updated look at the series, as this was just concept art?

GoneForGood

I just want real information, whatever might be shown seems to take about 20 minutes. Would be nice to finally get real news after 2 years of anticipation.
This 110%

And not the blanket "Luis and Tiana go on Mardi Gras adventure" thing either. I really would like some actual story details and some scene concepts.

Dear Prudence

I'd imagine that we might get an update on this on Friday too, seeing as how they're revealing Tiana's new look. There's nothing that says park specific, so possibly another more final updated look at the series, as this was just concept art?
I think it might be a still from the TV show because it looks way more polished than the other concept art. The Tangled series is so, SO good, so I have a lot of high hopes for this show. This still/art certainly looks very dynamic, like a proper adventure. It's the one thing I have confidence in, given the creative team behind the show and how great the other shows have been. I'm alllll about this new show and hope the new version of the attraction gets at least something from it.

tanc

Sunday 1:00pm - 1:40pm Fan Zone (Main Floor) Walt Disney World - TBD

another possible time slot if for some reason it doesn't show up at the Tiana thing (probably highly unlikely)

Kirby86

I'm going to assume this is only for the televised part of the event and there are smaller vendors or participants of this festival elsewhere. As for the Splash retheme maybe they could show it during that Tiana future section but it's only twenty minutes long I'd think they focus more on the show but who knows. Also it's a little odd that the end of the last day is an ad for Disney cruises. Meeting Captain Mickey and Captain Minnie seems a little out of left field.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom